Romania
So here is summary of my experiments so far:
-two transistors, one back and one front, no SDA and SCL: glitch
-two transistors, one back and one front, SDA and SCL: glitch
-one transistor on back, SDA and SCL: glitch
-one transistor on back, SDA and SCL: no glitch
-one transistor on front, no SDA and SCL: no glitch
-one transistor on front, SDA and SCL: no glitch

Those were all with the XIAO board, so assuming it needed a second transistor I installed the Waveshare board back and all I got was blinking blue light for few minutes ending with 3 shot yellow blinks 3 times. I believe this means it ran out of attempts.

Back to the XIAO board, but this time I removed the USB port, shield and buttons in preparation for permanent install and what do you know, now the XIAO board is not glitching either. It behaves just like the Waveshere did. What the hell.

Does the heat from disordering the unnecessary parts messes up those board somehow, they seem to be functional?
so from what i lerned today, i can assume that the front mount mosfet is AWG wire dependent. Im no expert but not beeing able to glitch is a mosfet problem right?
Post automatically merged:

In the past i had 10+ consoles with front mosfet installs,40 awg on everything.
But when i changed batch of mosfets,it stopped working for me so i stopped doing it.
Today i did for the first time an OLED(reball) and gave front mosfet install another chance since i also bought some new 30 awg wire.
I can say with happines that single front mosfet install worked for me again with 30 awg wire.
Im going to return to front mosfet installs. I feel like this is a very nieche thing to do and it saves me dealing with thermal paste ,opening that GOD DAMN APU CAGE and having to solder on 0201(or 0608? idk) capacitors X_X .

Last edited by Crung,
Reactions: RedFawkes

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
so from what i lerned today, i can assume that the front mount mosfet is AWG wire dependent. Im no expert but not beeing able to glitch is a mosfet problem right?

In the past i had 10+ consoles with front mosfet installs,40 awg on everything.
But when i changed batch of mosfets,it stopped working for me so i stopped doing it.
Today i did for the first time an OLED(reball) and gave front mosfet install another chance since i also bought some new 30 awg wire.
I can say with happines that single front mosfet install worked for me again with 30 awg wire.
Im going to return to front mosfet installs. I feel like this is a very nieche thing to do and it saves me dealing with thermal paste ,opening that GOD DAMN APU CAGE and having to solder on 0201(or 0608? idk) capacitors X_X .
I'm guessing by front you mean on the back of the MB. Did you solder the source and drain directly to the capacitor?
I'm also using 30 Gage wire, but it worked only for a while and now it doesn't.

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
So here is summary of my experiments so far:
-two transistors, one back and one front, no SDA and SCL: glitch
-two transistors, one back and one front, SDA and SCL: glitch
-one transistor on back, SDA and SCL: glitch
-one transistor on back, SDA and SCL: no glitch
-one transistor on front, no SDA and SCL: no glitch
-one transistor on front, SDA and SCL: no glitch

Those were all with the XIAO board, so assuming it needed a second transistor I installed the Waveshare board back and all I got was blinking blue light for few minutes ending with 3 shot yellow blinks 3 times. I believe this means it ran out of attempts.

Back to the XIAO board, but this time I removed the USB port, shield and buttons in preparation for permanent install and what do you know, now the XIAO board is not glitching either. It behaves just like the Waveshere did. What the hell.

Does the heat from disordering the unnecessary parts messes up those board somehow, they seem to be functional?
One more observation. After removing the APU heat pipe, the Switch now glitches with the XIAO. May not be board flex; I placed back the 3 screws that hold the chiller and it still works. Maybe the APU side MOSFET is shorting somehow?

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting No eMMC CMD1 request, what should I do to try and see if I could fix it? i made sure my install was pretty clean so I'm wondering whats going on. It turns on most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't. Any help? Thanks

Edit, rewired the clk and seemed to fix it

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPEG
    IMG_1437.JPEG
    793.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1438.JPEG
    IMG_1438.JPEG
    844.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1439.JPEG
    IMG_1439.JPEG
    696.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1440.JPEG
    IMG_1440.JPEG
    749.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1441.JPEG
    IMG_1441.JPEG
    897.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by naldo29,
Reactions: lightninjay

Stidwack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting No eMMC CMD1 request, what should I do to try and see if I could fix it? i made sure my install was pretty clean so I'm wondering whats going on. It turns on most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't. Any help? Thanks

Edit, rewired the clk and seemed to fix it
SP2 looks bridged

edit: didn't see your edit :P

1697585197713.png

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what exactly the rp2040 mod does?? Enables again fusee-gelee exploit that was patched in new switches or other exploits??

Stidwack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what exactly the rp2040 mod does?? Enables again fusee-gelee exploit that was patched in new switches or other exploits??
It glitches the boot process of the Switch in order to run an unsigned payload, eg Hekate. So it accomplishes the same thing but in a different way

sohambhattacharya

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey Guys, I recently got hold of a patched Switch V1. I am unable to buy the RP2040 Premade modchips due to Aliexpress ban. I read the guide and am unable to source the IRFHS8342 MOSFETs, will "CSD18510Q5B N-Channel NexFET™ Power MOSFET" work ??? if not what alternative are there, please help !!

phester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WIll be trying my first switch lite mod in the coming weeks. Got a switch lite (in a few days)

Is there any consensus if a flex install such as the full flex solder version for the lite is easier that a generic rp2040 +resistors with or without flex CPU cable / mosfet, is easier or more successful.
at glitching, I assume the flex versions have the correct resistor value already installed.

I have access to micro soldering and magnifying equipment, no clean flux etc

From reading various guides over the last few weeks I can remember reading someone recommending higher / lower temps for one or two point to not detach pads.

rp2040.png
picofly.png

Can anyone remember off hand the temperatures

Last edited by phester,

NandieeHU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Depends on many things. From 350 up to 450 should be fine. With my T110 nano soldering station I use 360c with knife tip.
But with my weller WSP80 I used 430 because the heat transfer is totally different in this station.

phester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on many things. From 350 up to 450 should be fine. With my T110 nano soldering station I use 360c with knife tip.
But with my weller WSP80 I used 430 because the heat transfer is totally different in this station.
Cool, Is there any consensus to the mod type, as per the above (full) flex or cpu flex or fet. I have found a good and cheap source for Rp2040 in Europe (radionics) so should be able to attempt that method faster than I can get one from ali etc. Just not sure if all adapters follow the same pinout

Rp2040.png
rp2040-1.png

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the mosfet IRFHS8342 same as IRFHS8342PBF?? On ali I can only find the pbf model

Cool, Is there any consensus to the mod type, as per the above (full) flex or cpu flex or fet. I have found a good and cheap source for Rp2040 in Europe (radionics) so should be able to attempt that method faster than I can get one from ali etc. Just not sure if all adapters follow the same pinout

View attachment 401310View attachment 401312
I will also attempt my first Modchip installation ever. I don't know about radionics (can't find also on google), but I've ordered 3 pi rp2040, 300 resistors and 10 mosfets from Ali for like 12-13€

Last edited by Myst0gan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car