Hi everyone,
I just did my first Picofly mod on my OLED. The chip works just fine, but I noticed that the left joy-con is no longer being detected as connected by wire. It only connects using bluetooth now. The joy-con is shown as being charged when connected to the console though.
I rechecked the flex cable and even tried to generate some pressure inside the connector using kapton tape in case the flex cable connector is the problem, but the problem unfortunately remains.
The only damage I have been able to identify so far is a scratch on the pcb next to where I tried to remove the cpu shield (see the image below). To me it looks like the damaged location should not cause any problems as the trace seems to be next to it. I don't even know whether that area of traces is connected to the left joy-con.
I would be glad for any help or tips on how to further debug this issue. Because of the issue the console is basically unusable as a handheld right now.
Thanks a lot in advance!
View attachment 476171View attachment 476172