United States
https://hackaday.io/project/192519-rpdot

824031692896197955.jfif.jpg

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too saw this article on hackaday this morning, but my immediate thought was the same as the complaints in the hackaday comments: he got it this small by doing like the rp2040-zero; he placed components on both the front and back, ultimately making the board thicker than offerings like the rp2040-tiny.

Pretty cool project regardless, especially if only considering the "how small can we actually make this?" notion.

MonkeyJumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i have question. My v2 console has a toshiba emmc and it takes up to 40 sec to boot with a pico zero. Are there still issues with toshiba or how could i improve the timing to glitch? v2 flex and awg34 cables were used

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi, i have question. My v2 console has a toshiba emmc and it takes up 40 sec to boot with a pico zero. Are there still issues with toshiba or how could i improve the timing to glitch? v2 flex and awg34 cables were used
If its first time its okay.

Reboot again and again to fill the characteristics data.
Any success 'glitch point' will be saved, and the next reboot will use these data.

MonkeyJumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Any success 'glitch point' will be saved, and the next reboot will use these data.
thx, will try to reboot some times
Post automatically merged:

i've rebooted 4 times and one time it glitched after 2 min. I dont get it. What affects glitching the most?

Last edited by MonkeyJumper,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: QuiTim

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did my average 4p2040 zero install, thought everything went well, until i turned it on and got a cmd not connected error, so i just redid my cmd, anyways i got it to boot to hakete and tried to go into sysnand (got that message) then i tried to just boot into OFW and got a purple screen, did i corrupt my nand while trying to do the Dat0? (the multimeter reading seemed fine) also i tried to look around here to see what it could be and i heard it could also have to do something with the CMD resistor, anyways any help would be appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1195.JPEG
    IMG_1195.JPEG
    798.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1193.JPEG
    IMG_1193.JPEG
    730.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1196.JPEG
    IMG_1196.JPEG
    474.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1197.JPEG
    IMG_1197.JPEG
    227.6 KB · Views: 16

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For purple screen check if ur cmd resistor has 4.7k if not replace make sure the resistor has a proper connection to the pads on the board.

For init emmc I would try to add another 47ohm on dat0 and cmd on the pico or replace them to with 100ohm resistors

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For purple screen check if ur cmd resistor has 4.7k if not replace make sure the resistor has a proper connection to the pads on the board.

For init emmc I would try to add another 47ohm on dat0 and cmd on the pico or replace them to with 100ohm resistors
wait so purple screen

well im not getting any readings on that resistor, nor on the resistor next to it, could they both be damaged? i only messed with the one I needed to mess with for the install so I don't know how the other one could've gotten damaged, anyways, where could I get a replacement 4.7k resistor anyway? would I have to go buy them online? or is there somewhere I could grab them off

actually i just realized, i have a library of resistors that I bought for the 47 resistors for the rp2070 zero and I have like 20 0805 4.7k resistors. its a bit big but I think I can make it work. just worried about the one beside the cmd one not giving me a reading.

Last edited by naldo29,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
wait so purple screen

well im not getting any readings on that resistor, nor on the resistor next to it, could they both be damaged? i only messed with the one I needed to mess with for the install so I don't know how the other one could've gotten damaged, anyways, where could I get a replacement 4.7k resistor anyway? would I have to go buy them online? or is there somewhere I could grab them off

actually i just realized, i have a library of resistors that I bought for the 47 resistors for the rp2070 zero and I have like 20 0805 4.7k resistors. its a bit big but I think I can make it work. just worried about the one beside the cmd one not giving me a reading.
what and how do you measure reading on those resistors?

Reactions: Dee87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo