Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

RatchetRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so you’re right, I opened up my switch and it looks like there’s a lost connection to the RST and potentially D0. Should I ask my modded to re-do the whole thing? The way he attached the resistors look different from how everyone does it.
Installs like these are the reason people have trust issues with sending their systems to modders.

This person does not have "microsoldering experience". It looks like they don't even have any flux so maybe they have no soldering experience of any sort...

postnutclarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U paid money for that?.

I don't understand how people offer installing a mod chip and don't even try to make it look nice and take some pride of there work......
Post automatically merged:

It doesn't really matter how much u paide.
If he had micro soldering experience then he has enough experience to know that this install is a peace of crap.
Bring it back and tell him to fix it while he is at it say u want him to get rid of that spaghetti ....
I suppose as long as it’s salvageable. Should I also ask him to put the resistors flat on the board instead of it hanging out like that?

So things wrong with this install I should ask to fix:
- Long wires
- Flux on the points
- Kapton tape underneath the resistors?

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hey guys i have a Lite with a pico install fw 15.0.1 sleep mode don't want to work . I Made a full system restore un ofw and no luck

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country

If he mounts the resistors so they point inwards to the board instead, it wouldn't be needed. These look a bit larger than the regular 0805 that most people use though, so I'm not sure if they fit like that.

Attachments

• 100ohm.jpg
    100ohm.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: postnutclarity

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I suppose as long as it’s salvageable. Should I also ask him to put the resistors flat on the board instead of it hanging out like that?

So things wrong with this install I should ask to fix:
- Long wires
- Flux on the points
Listen to me if you really want to fix your console, just listen to me!
Even though you gave money to that "technician" dont go back to him. Simply he cant do the job. He is just not capable to do the job for two main reaspons, technicaly capable perspective and attentively perspective. There is a big diffence between "i see a small problem at this installation" and "i see everything wrong at this installation". There is not even one "real" soldering technicial on earth that whould solder the resistors like that....
I once had to do a root canal treatmeant and i choosed a dentist known to be one of the best in my area. He was also the most expesive one. He did the job incorrectly and after some time i lost the tooth. Even though i had paied him lot of money for the job, i didnt go back to ask him to find a way to fix it simply because if he was not capable to fix it at the first place what would make me think he could be able to fix it afterwards... Some people are just not capable to do some jobs.. at least they must learn not to make other persons suffer from their mistakes.

Last edited by snaker,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
@vulp_vibes I think I come up with the idea to fix joycon issue with the JRST signal mod.
I initially added 47ohm resistor on DI to see if any change, it did make non-LED mod joycon intermittently recognize when in handheld. So I went with 1k ohm, still not much difference on NON-LED mod JC. On the other hand, LED-MOD JC wont recognize in handheld mode or even wireless mode(didn't try manual rest). It will only recognize when JRST wire remove.
At this point I'm pretty sure is the JRST wire having interference when connect to rp2040 LED DI point. I suddenly came up an idea using capacitor to carry the DI signal through JRST, since it's analog signal the capacitor would also stop DC interference, just like HDMI circuit does around other console. And BANG-ON, 0.1uf 0201 CAP I normally use on PS5 HDMI port PIN18 did the trick! :rofl:

Short story version: ADD 0.1uF cap between DI and JRST/pin6!!!
1688220895107.png

I've tested it, glitching LED light signal works and handheld connection no issue so far, Let me know if your side have same result.

--Small update: if you have experiencing right JC handheld works(with 0.1uF cap on DI) but dis-attached wireless mode couldn't find JC, try go into setting: Controllers & sensors--->disconnect controller, press X to disconnect all controller then re-attach LED-mod JC into the rail, this should fix the bug. I had this happened after I added 0.1uF cap in CFW, but OFW works.

Last edited by jkyoho,

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any alternative fix for this. maybe using another pin for the signal.
Asking FOUR HOURS after they said they would look for a fix is MESSED UP.

Some of the people who peruse this thread need to either learn how to check timestamps and learn patience, or learn how to do more shit on their own, like @jkyoho did above, where he purportedly found a solution to the modded LED joycon situation.

I've tested it, glitching LED light signal works and handheld connection no issue so far, Let me know if your side have same result.
I will attempt this mod in a bit and let you know the results

Reactions: QuiTim and jkyoho

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

Some of the people who peruse this thread need to either learn how to check timestamps and learn patience, or learn how to do more shit on their own, like @jkydid above, where he purportedly found a solution to the modded LED joycon situation.

When this mod is finallized, it whould be great to be added at your amazing guide lightninjay !

Reactions: QuiTim

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hey guys i have a Lite with a pico install fw 15.0.1 sleep mode don't want to work . I Made a full system restore un ofw and no luck
Ok i boot full stuck and make a facgory reset no luck . I update un full stock to 16.0.3 then factory reset no luck sleep mode don't whant to work . Pico de 3.73 last atmosphere

frozenboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Some of the people who peruse this thread need to either learn how to check timestamps and learn patience, or learn how to do more shit on their own, like @jkyoho did above, where he purportedly found a solution to the modded LED joycon situation.

Sorry for that. I missed the previous post, and cant find delete button

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ok i boot full stuck and make a facgory reset no luck . I update un full stock to 16.0.3 then factory reset no luck sleep mode don't whant to work . Pico de 3.73 last atmosphere
Try this
1. Remove all wires from pico, boot ofw, confirm that sleep is working now.
1a. If not working then redo/renew one by one wiring on mainboard until sleep is working.
1b. If working then replace the pico.

aleciobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have any of you installed a picofly on an already modded unpatched V1? I’m tired of having to use my computer to turn on my switch lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning