Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
if no bridge, switch not working without the chip ?
Point 1 and 2 on this picture need to be connected together. Point 1 goes to emmc and point 2 goes through the pcb board to the APU I think. If these 2 points are not connected together the Switch will not works (with or without chip, it does not matter).
You need to fix this first, see of the switch is working, then decide if you want to install the pikofly or not.

Attachments

• 20230629_130629.jpg
    20230629_130629.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Last edited by QuiTim,

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use 370 degrees, 25% air speed and the largest nozzle (about 1cm wide). buttons come off in about 5 seconds. usb maybe 10 seconds.
One centimeter? that's very skinny, like one-tenth of an inch. You said your largets nozzle, so, I'm guessing more around a half inch?

Thanks for replying, I'll be trying this today.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
One centimeter? that's very skinny, like one-tenth of an inch. You said your largets nozzle, so, I'm guessing more around a half inch?

Thanks for replying, I'll be trying this today.
bruh. one centimeter is 0.4 inch.

edit: and I guess I should clarify that those 370 degrees are the celsius kind, which equals about 700 degrees fahrenheit

Last edited by deeps,

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
No bridge NO work
Point 1 and 2 on this picture need to be connected together. Point 1 goes to emmc and point 2 goes through the pcb board to the APU I think. If these 2 points are not connected together the Switch will not works (with or without chip, it does not matter).
You need to fix this first, see of the switch is workin, then decide if you want to install the pikofly or not.
no work on official, i must fix this f... trick ..... sorry :(

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

I was doing my Switch installation with a 0.3mm enameled wire, and I broke too many traces. I couldn't find 0.2mm anywhere near me. Luckily, BNTECHGO listed a one-lb 32 AWG in my local shop, Oh boy did it not make all the difference. Looks red and sexy too.

0.2mm wire is the way to go like many have here said.
View attachment 367094
32awg ftw

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I breack my dat0 point, there is an alternative ? 😔
first of all u need to fix that bridge point otherwise u wont get ur switch runing at all.
then u can search for a alternative point

if no bridge, switch not working without the chip ?
not gonna work at all since u need that dat0 point

vulp_vibes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a follow-up to my previous post about relocating the status LED to the home button of the switch lite, I was successful in doing so with the detachable joy-con as well. not very practical, but fun. used pin 6 of the joy-con, JRST, to run the LED data line out of the console and into the controller.

edit: this method causes issues with the joy-con being detected in handheld mode, and is not recommended. may look into alternatives when I am able

Last edited by vulp_vibes,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
a follow-up to my previous post about relocating the status LED to the home button of the switch lite, I was successful in doing so with the detachable joy-con as well. not very practical, but fun. used pin 6 of the joy-con, JRST, to run the LED data line out of the console and into the controller.

View attachment 380821
Nice work man and thank you for sharing this with all of us here.
I'm so looking forward to doing this in the next few days.
Although I get the general idea of how it should be done now, any pictures of instalation or diagrams would be highly appreciated.
Cheers

• Love
Reactions: chronoss

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm thinking here if I change the rp2040 that I got and put the model that people use, will it work?
View attachment 380829
Simply add another resistor on the cmd and/or dat0 into around 100ohms.
Usually people add another 47ohms to existing 47ohms.

I once meet that on v2, and simply add resistor on cmd fixed it.

Reactions: aleciobr and QuiTim

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u do know they are supported there was firmware created for them u do know that correct?

you just dont get the point ?
they are selling hardware with preflashed software from this forum and making money off of someone elses work who did it for the community for free........

^^
they are selling hardware with preflashed software from this forum and making money off of someone elses work who did it for the community for free........
Maybe I just didn't understand you but you said this firmware doesn't work on the Hwfly RP2040. Which is untrue. No need to make it weird or read anymore into it.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe I just didn't understand you but you said this firmware doesn't work on the Hwfly RP2040. Which is untrue. No need to make it weird or read anymore into it.
i said im not sure, but i have read from some people using the same firmware and thats why i said we should not do support for them cause they "steal" the idea and the work from people who did it for the community and sell them Preflashed with the firmware that was created in this forum from people who didnt get one cent and did this all for the community and they profit from other peoples work.

sure the firmware is free available but they make money off if it and dont give the buyers support thats the main reson we should not support them :-)

its up to everyone themself what they support and what not.
thats why i always advise them to eather create there own thread for those clones and not overrun the threads with devices that are not in the supportet list.

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i said im not sure, but i have read from some people using the same firmware and thats why i said we should not do support for them cause they "steal" the idea and the work from people who did it for the community and sell them Preflashed with the firmware that was created in this forum from people who didnt get one cent and did this all for the community and they profit from other peoples work.

sure the firmware is free available but they make money off if it and dont give the buyers support thats the main reson we should not support them :-)

its up to everyone themself what they support and what not.
thats why i always advise them to eather create there own thread for those clones and not overrun the threads with devices that are not in the supportet list.
Well Said!!!!.

View attachment 380821
It is Feautibull!!!...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee