Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Kiuxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you probably did something wrong, did you use the mosfet or the flat?
Now the CPU heats up quickly without turning on anything after the switch is turned on. Is there something wrong with the hardware?
Post automatically merged:

are you sure? that capacitor gives 15 Ohm by default, that is OK
Before starting welding, I tested 0.09 at both ends of the capacitor, and the diode gear.
Does the value of 0.09 mean that there is something wrong with the switch?

Last edited by Kiuxn,

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is what happened with my Lite.

I installed one MOSFET and was pretty happy with it, and soldered it to CPU 1 pin on Hwfly V2. When turned on, it shows red color, static. This was the same color even before I installed the MOSFET.

I removed everything and it won't boot but shows light from the back.

The only thing I know I did wrong was burning the ground point. Could this cause such an issue? Or is the MOSFET? The CPU caps are 11ohms.

I'd appreciate any input on this.

Attachments

• IMG_6693.JPG
    IMG_6693.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6696.PNG
    IMG_6696.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 49
  • Untitled.mov
    15.9 MB
Last edited by FreeLander,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Now the CPU heats up quickly without turning on anything after the switch is turned on. Is there something wrong with the hardware?

Before starting welding, I tested 0.09 at both ends of the capacitor, and the diode gear.
Is your device Lite 2021 manufactured?

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country

be careful with the mosfet, if you somehow mixup drain and source, high chance you will kill that cap, a DIY-er brough in his switch for exactly this reason, the cap turned black and the fan spins immediately , removed the cap, no more overheat, but even if you use the pad, you will still fry the connection, so just use the other CAP

Always, ALWAYS verify you connections first before doing a power on test.

Reactions: juanvlc

Kiuxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
be careful with the mosfet, if you somehow mixup drain and source, high chance you will kill that cap, a DIY-er brough in his switch for exactly this reason, the cap turned black and the fan spins immediately , removed the cap, no more overheat, but even if you use the pad, you will still fry the connection, so just use the other CAP

That sounds great. Thank you.

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Installing Raspberry Pi causes CPU capacitor short circuit, which means what's wrong? On the premise of confirming that there is no problem with welding
If the soldering is correct, and you get 0 Ohm (test on the lowest range of your multimeter), the trasistor is defective (Drain and Source are shorted). If you remove the wires from the MOSFET, what's the resistance on the Capacitors?

Reactions: Dee87

Kiuxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Isn't it recommended to replace that capacitor?

If the soldering is correct, and you get 0 Ohm (test on the lowest range of your multimeter), the trasistor is defective (Drain and Source are shorted). If you remove the wires from the MOSFET, what's the resistance on the Capacitors?

I have replaced the short-circuited capacitor (9 millivolts in the diode file). Now the problem is that the CPU temperature is high. Even if you don't do anything, the fan will turn.

Last edited by Kiuxn,

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Isn't it recommended to replace that capacitor?

I have replaced the short-circuited capacitor (9 millivolts of diode file). Now the problem is that the CPU temperature is extremely high, even if nothing is done.
i did and i still blew, even if you don't put anything back it will be fine.

Kiuxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i did and i still blew, even if you don't put anything back it will be fine.
Is it abnormal to measure the resistance at both ends of the capacitor at 8.5 ohms again? Does the abnormal heat of the CPU have anything to do with him?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is correct. I only have a Lite and I had to do a ton of measuring to get this thing to line up. I wouldn't mind adapting it but I would have a hard time without a physical unit to measure.
well if u need any measurement hit me up i have V1/V2 and Oled here :-)
can give u all the measurement u need

Last edited by Dee87,
Reactions: KarimPolska

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think so. I'm already installed rp2040 zero before (and have 100+ hwfly installs), but yesterday get yellow on 2 rp2040 (2.65 and maybe 2.61). And this definitely not dat0 issue. I used flex cable from v2. eMMC Samsung.
I'm tired of trying and just install hwfly and it works amazing.

Im just going by what posted in the picofly aio guide.

Maniek

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
During the installation i damaged the switch, I found a damaged component, anyone knows what its parameters are ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230417_101943.jpg
    IMG_20230417_101943.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 49

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can someone confirm, is it ok to use 0.10mm enamel copper wire for all purpose ?
even the dual mosfet ?
View attachment 365489
We already talked about this... Use higher diameter for the capacitors of the APU (Drain) and for the Source of the MOSFET.

Can enamel thin wire work for APU MOSFET? Sure!
How long enamel will work? Hope forever, though for how long do you think that a such thin wire can support passing high currents over 10A on each powercycle of the console? Look for the long term, at least 0.2mm or higher for those connections, for the Gate the enamel is ok, since it's only triggering the transistor.

kinisonkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in Nov/December 2022, we heard about this cheap mod using a Raspberry Pi Zero board. Naturally this took a while to be confirmed and it looks like the instructions are out and users are able to mod their Switch with few problems.

There is no chance I would be able to mod this myself, but there are sites/modders out there that could do this for a fee. How long do you think it will take before the process becomes easy enough for these Mods 4 Hire can mod my patched V1 switch?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Back in Nov/December 2022, we heard about this cheap mod using a Raspberry Pi Zero board. Naturally this took a while to be confirmed and it looks like the instructions are out and users are able to mod their Switch with few problems.

There is no chance I would be able to mod this myself, but there are sites/modders out there that could do this for a fee. How long do you think it will take before the process becomes easy enough for these Mods 4 Hire can mod my patched V1 switch?
If there is picofly kit, i think the opening price wont be so far from $25. This is the current hwfly price now. I think hwfly price is already as cheap as it could be (production cost).

Of course rp2040-zero is the most cheap one, because its mass produced. I dont think picofly will be produced as cheap as rp2040-zero. So if you want cheap, then just DIY-ed it.

I think in here is the prototype of picofly:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...9416817086174231722ef2ed!12000032236651539!sh

Reactions: kinisonkhan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.