Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Modi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
See pico fly aio...
Led erorLED must be RED after USB write. if you see green, set "RGB mode" jumper

WHITE = eMMC write
BLUE = glitch
PURPLE = eMMC boot failure, check CMD / CLK
YELLOW = eMMC write failure, check D0 / unsupported eMMC
CYAN = no reaction to glitch, check mosfet wire
GREEN = success
Already make over 50 Picofly 20 oled do have any problems before. Always make RGB mode is must be PURPLE not Pink 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20230420_013429.jpg
    IMG_20230420_013429.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: Danook28

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Already make over 50 Picofly 20 oled do have any problems before. Always make RGB mode is must be PURPLE not Pink 😂
Nice quality photo.
Did you check for a short on CLK. That top part of the shield just seems to close to the point (assuming you routed the wire beneath the shield).
The color suggests something in that direction as well.

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't source the 3.3V from those caps, it's not stable, rehius already warned about it.

Use the point from AIO guide and updated sthetix diagrams (see below).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230506-205428__01.png
    Screenshot_20230506-205428__01.png
    446.7 KB · Views: 46

789-Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What temperature is the best for Lite with 2 mosfets?

Seen conflicting information in the thread some suggesting 380 on mosfets, others saying 400, some saying 300 on the 2040 etc

ypeeLs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seen conflicting information in the thread some suggesting 380 on mosfets, others saying 400, some saying 300 on the 2040 etc
Temp is based on the solder you use and what you're soldering to, it something you learn early on. Please dont attemp if you're new to soldering unless you want a broken switch

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

The lower the temperature the better are chances of not causing any damage so you need to see what works for your soldering iron.
The highest temp. I used on anything is 350° (assuming that the temp. readings on my iron are correct).
Anyway, one thing to keep in mind is that it's better to use higher temp. for short period than lower temp for longer period.

• Love
Reactions: 789-Benny

Othmenchargui

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Hi
Raspberry pi pico
Two sd same problem
Please help me

Attachments

• 20230506_205902.mp4
    13 MB
  • 20230506_193421.jpg
    20230506_193421.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20230506_192948.jpg
    20230506_192948.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230506_132429.jpg
    20230506_132429.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39

789-Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lower the temperature the better are chances of not causing any damage so you need to see what works for your soldering iron.
The highest temp. I used on anything is 350° (assuming that the temp. readings on my iron are correct).
Anyway, one thing to keep in mind is that it's better to use higher temp. for short period than lower temp for longer period.
I have a Hakko. So temp can be changed, that was my understanding best to use higher temp for shorter periods, most other comments are leaning towards no higher than 350

Last edited by 789-Benny,

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Hakko. So temp can be changed, that was my understanding best to use higher temp for shorter periods, most other comments are leaning towards no higher than 350
I personally have soldered all the way up to 400 degrees C on a switch lite, the mosfets, a rp2040 doing resistors, in fact, I rarely go below 390C. BUT, I am also experienced at soldering at these temps with these small components. I know how long to hold my iron on the point I'm trying to solder and how not to burn components at these temps.
This is not the place to learn how to solder or get soldering tips. This is a place to learn how to install a picofly, which technically speaking has nothing to do with the soldering involved to install it.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I would suggest you get some lead solder 63/37 or similar. It makes everything easier. the one that you are using has a melting temp of 227° compared to Sn63/Pb37 of 183° or Sn62/Pb36/Ag2 of 179°
if you are in US you should have no problem getting Lead based solder (Kester is awesome).
Trying to get this stuff in EU is a nightmare.
Post automatically merged:

Hi
Raspberry pi pico
Two sd same problem
Please help me
i dont know what issues you are facing but those cards are not good for anything.
Get a SanDisk, Samsung Evo or Kingstone Canvas.
Basically any established brand name (beware of fakes)

Last edited by QuiTim,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If you want to play by the rule, then you also need to buy professional temperature meter, and calibrate your hakko based on that, for the tip you will be used.
Post automatically merged:

Hi
Raspberry pi pico
Two sd same problem
Please help me
Have you tried atmosphere setup from here:
https://rentry.org/CFWGuides

Last edited by abal1000x,

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MOSFETinstallComposite.png
Here is a composite image I just took of a double mosfet install I am doing on a switch lite. The circles are the general points of interest and where they need to be hooked up. I jumpered between the gate pins on the mosfets and ran a single wire to the rp2040 to keep wire clutter down, as has been suggested previously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...