Hacking Phantom Kingdom Portable: English Translation

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heatblade12,

The issue with the eboot was that I translated it with google and from the PS2 menus. The translator for this project was not too happy but I did it before he joined. He wants to redo it in before we release anything. He has been pretty fast for getting work done so I have no complaint with it.

Does anyone know if they made a PSP version of Soul Nomad?

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heatblade12,

The issue with the eboot was that I translated it with google and from the PS2 menus. The translator for this project was not too happy but I did it before he joined. He wants to redo it in before we release anything. He has been pretty fast for getting work done so I have no complaint with it.

Does anyone know if they made a PSP version of Soul Nomad?
Just did a major look into it they were in development and dropped it from what I have found never left the PS2

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I certainly hope that Soul Nomad eventually gets a Vita port or something-- it's an excellent game with an excellent story (Gig and his backstory constantly makes me want to laugh.) More people need to be able to play it.

Shoot, I wish it'd come out just so I could replay it again without dealing with my super loud backwards compatible PS3.

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
I certainly hope that Soul Nomad eventually gets a Vita port or something-- it's an excellent game with an excellent story (Gig and his backstory constantly makes me want to laugh.) More people need to be able to play it.

Shoot, I wish it'd come out just so I could replay it again without dealing with my super loud backwards compatible PS3.

I never played soul nomad I think I had it but one of my old friends seal it with ff7 and ff8 lol oh and pokemon I was so pissed off but I end up getting ff7 and ff8 again.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever do get the chance to get Soul Nomad, I definitely recommend it! It's a different sort of game compared to other NIS entries, but it's a great game, and it has an entire alternate Bad Route mode after you beat the game once, which turns the entire story on it's head.

Reactions: Star-scream

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah man, i know i'm hoping for too much to think it will be released within a few days but checking this thread every 5 hours just makes my day, hahaha

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i guess i can keep my mind off* this by working on a small indie project i been putting off for at least a year now. haha, im just a little too excited about this project cuase i followed it a year or two ago with another guy who pursued it but let it die, and it's like this project pulled a jesus and it got my hopes up haha, so props to ChepChep

Edit: Just a small question, will the names and custom entering characters be in English as well?

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heatblade12,

We will convert all the names to English and you will be able to name your characters in English. Pretty sure you can already name them in english but the defaults are all in japanese.

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heatblade12,

We will convert all the names to English and you will be able to name your characters in English. Pretty sure you can already name them in english but the defaults are all in japanese.

ahh, i never seen an option to change the charators for names to english, but then again, the option may of been in japanese XD
otherwise, amazing, just another thing to look forward too :D

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played through the beginning of the game just for you, heatblade12. You can switch to English for naming characters by pressing the equivalent of the Square button twice! It switches between hiragana, katakana, and then English.

The English actually looks very smooth on PKP, especially compared to the LPR default English text.

screen00008.jpg
I always love how happy he looks (before he realizes it's a dog house).

Reactions: heatblade12

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow thanks for the input linka, and zettas face in your spoiler was my face when i found that out, haha.
now i can name my characters rather then hitting the random name button, something to tide me over till the first patch comes

Reactions: Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy playing around with the game while waiting for the patch.

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we are trying to figure out the image format used my the PSP PKP.

The format is IMY. I cannot figure it out and I am not very good with image formats.

I have found the same image for the PS2 version and the LPR tool can open and convert it. No idea what to do with PSP version. It has a header and then data.

The first 0x00-0x0F is a header.
0x10-0x1F is all 0x00

After 0x20 is all compressed image data.

Here are the files if anyone would be willing to help and give it a go:
*removed link*

Any ideas let me know.
-ChepChep

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i did a little digging and im afraid i just dont have to skills to figure that out, if i was more knowledgeable on this subject i would be right on top of it, but alas, i suck

zeromancer91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything that im finding says .IMY files are ringtones. which makes no sense unless they are just audio files used for a main part of the games. other than that i cant figure out what it is.

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question for anyone who made it to Newgame+ or late game in phantom kingdom portable,

1: does the famous makai kingdom food dungeon exploit work still? ie, ob 8 enemies then feed the last one with high TEC food to reduce its health then kill it for a massive XP boost?

2: the level 3-4 castle level with box weapon exploit to make massive amounts of mana?

or where both these fixed in this version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Huge crts on both eye lids
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly the EyeToy games where like proto augmented reality
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I also have a Wii