PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soul Eater: Battle Resonance, released for the PS2 and PSP in 2009, is now fully playable in English.

With an adventure mode that follows the events of the original series from the Remedial Lessons arc to the A Fight to the Death at the Big Bash arc and a translation which references the official FUNimation dub, you’ll be able to experience the beloved story in an all-new way.

Take control of 13 playable characters in this traditional 2.5D fighting game featuring recognizable attacks and stylish resonance arts. In addition to the adventure, there are versus, team battle, and arcade modes for you to continue the battle long after the 51-mission story has ended.

Download:
PS2 patch download
PSP patch download
Blog Release Post

Usage:
Before you can play the translation, you'll need to patch the game on your computer using a legal copy of the ROM. There are two methods by which this can be done, online, via the ROMhacking.net download page, or locally by downloading an additional piece of software.

Please ensure you have downloaded the correct patch for the version of the game you are using before proceeding.

ONLINE METHOD
-On the ROMhacking.net download page, navigate to “Patch Online NOW!” under the ‘Links’ header.
-Upload your ROM using the “Choose File” button where prompted.
-Click “Apply Patch”, and wait for the download to complete. You should now have a patched copy of the ROM, labelled ‘-input source- (patched)’.

SOFTWARE METHOD
-Download DeltaPatcher from https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
-Extract the file, and run either DeltaPatcher or DeltaPatcherLite
-'Original file' should be your copy of the ROM, as an '.iso' filetype.
-For 'XDelta patch', choose the 'Resonance(platform).xdelta' file.
-Hit apply patch, and you're good to go!

*Note that this will overwrite your original file. If you’d like to keep a copy of it instead, change the settings by clicking the cog icon, and tick “Backup original file”. This will create a new ‘--PATCHED.iso’ file instead.

Love Soul Eater?
Why not check out our other English patches for Medusa’s Plot (NDS) and Monotone Princess (Wii)?

Tool:
If you’re interested in knowing more about the hacking specifics or translating the game into another language, the source code & compiled program covering both text and image extraction/repacking can be found on Github.

Want to get in touch?
Join our discord server to send us your questions, check out our other projects or even lend a hand in our mission to bring more anime games to the English-speaking fandom!

Credits:
Hacking

Illidan

Translation
Haribeau
Maa9

Graphics
Phantom

Font Identification
Syko

Special Thanks
Soul Reaper

We hope you enjoy!

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The PS2 version looks cool just because there is a mode named "Soul Theater" where you unlock screenshots from the Soul Eater anime as you progress in the game.

However, since my computer won't run any PS2 stuff at all, I'll have to head on to the PSP version which doesn't have this mode. Never mind!

HippyJ3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Any plans on adding subs to the opening and other fmv's (if there are more) on adventure mode and character intros before the fight starts?

Mr-Cleric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey hey, currently playing through the game and - I hope this is okay to mention - Blair's name is still in Japanese when playing as her alt color palette. Nothing particularly world-ending, at least!

So far it doesn't seem like any of the others have the same issue, but I can update my response if I find any more missed translations - only if that's alright with you and your team :)

Oh, and before I forget.. Thank you guys so much for the translations! You have my deepest respect and gratitude.

PhantomGhost

OP
Trophies
Website
agtteam.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for checking out the patch! It looks like the same thing happens with Free's alternative color, for some reason those two characters have duplicate images where none of the others do 😅 Oh well!

I've updated the files, so it will be fixed if we ever update the patch again. In the meantime, feel free to report if you find anything else!

Reactions: Mr-Cleric

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up