Persona 4 Golden reaches half a million players on PC

S24d2yN.png

Almost a month after its launch on Steam, Persona 4 Golden has hit a milestone of 500,000 players on PC. Atlus announced the sales data on Twitter, where they also shared a new piece of artwork, drawn by series artist Shigenori Soejima. If you still haven't gotten around to trying out Persona 4, you can check out our staff's passionate takes, in either our GBAtemp Recommends issue, or our official review of the game. Persona 4 originally launched in 2008, and was re-released with extra content in 2012 as Persona 4 Golden, with the original game selling 193,000 copies in its launch week in Japan, and Golden achieving 324,357 total copies sold in Japan on the Vita, for comparison.

:arrow: Source

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
oh christ, again with this persona... i swear if i see another persona game..... ugh.

Also, why is this news?
I get it, when the game came to PC that WAS the news me like it or not, but why is THIS a worthy news or relevant?
It reached a 1/5 million whatever...so?

PitifulZestyFlies-size_restricted.gif

Isn't there enough talk about persona already? whatever...
I guess pumping Persona popularity, cause half million sounds better than 500.000
yeah...

(p.s. noting personal)

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PC port I want is P4 Arena Ultimax though. :(

*RPCS3 intensifies*

Now put Shin Megami Tensei games on PC, Mr. Atlus

If you mean the versions of the SNES originals with the additional content from the PS1 games translated, plus Nocturne Lucifer's Call, sure. Otherwise? Just use an emulator.

Atlus games on PC = win
I think it's pretty clear now.
Really hope they bring the entire Shin Megami series to PC.
I'd be down to buy the roms raw for use in retroarch.
Other franchises like Snow Board kids too.

Honestly, I think SEGA having more direct ownership of ATLUS has more to do with these games coming to PC than anything else. If only SEGA would release the damn Remastered Collection for Yakuza to PC though. People can apparently get Yakuza 5 running at playable speeds on RPCS3 now, but that's at 30FPS with rough as all hell graphics.

Reactions: shadow1w2

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm good with either coming to PC next. Seems like there'd be more work to do in "fixing" P3F in preparation for a port though, since the game isn't balanced around having party control, correct?
Yup. Only able to give commands to party members on how they attack, not exactly directly controlling them like on P4 and later title and they still somehow manage to fuck uo their commands (an example would be Mitsuru spamming Marin Karin even after setting her AI to anything other than Full Assault). Pretty sure you can do something with PCSX2 so you should be able to control everyone but I've heard that causes a bit of issues on The Answer (Don't quote me on this). This is why I like P3P over FES. I don't really mind the trimmed down overworld of P3P to be honest but the restriction to swords/naginatas as a weapon really sucks.
oh christ, again with this persona... i swear if i see another persona game..... ugh.

Also, why is this news?
I get it, when the game came to PC that WAS the news me like it or not, but why is THIS a worthy news or relevant?

I guess pumping Persona popularity, cause half million sounds better than 500.000
yeah...

(p.s. noting personal)
Can't blame the Senior Editor for liking Persona 4 as it's really good. Also, really big news considering it's the first modern PC port of a game from Atlus and we might see more.

Last edited by nxwing,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Also, why is this news?

yeah...

(p.s. noting personal)
The reason it's making news is that it has been released only some time ago on PC and it's a smash hit.
It may prove that PC gamers want Persona, and possibly tell Atlus to port more games, or support PC as a platform, something many people would love.

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heres hoping that we see the pervious Persona games on PC and that they wont out Denuvo on them. I wonder if more people have not downloaded it because of the Denuvo?

Reactions: Peloisan

Sansgaming420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it were up to me, this game and related things would be totally banned in my country.

that is because it constantly glorifies shooting oneself, all throughout the game.
Is this a joke? Persona 3 is the one where you shoot yourself.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh boo hoo, it is evil game 3 that does more messed up thing, not number 4

Same shit.
I seriously hope you're joking. In Persona 4 you crawl through TVs and summon Personas with (tarot) cards, so it's about as "evil" as Yu-Gi-Oh.

And oh man...if you take issue with people being shot in video games, you're really gonna flip your shit when you hear about the Call of Duty series.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seriously hope you're joking. In Persona 4 you crawl through TVs and summon Personas with (tarot) cards, so it's about as "evil" as Yu-Gi-Oh.

And oh man...if you take issue with people being shot in video games, you're really gonna flip your shit when you hear about the Call of Duty series.
Persona 3 glorifies suicide..... I do not care what you or any other fan of that hell-vile series say to defend it. It needs to be banned full stop.

I personally enjoy fps games but at the same time I do feel guilty about playing them. I feel uneasy that most video games involve some violence.

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee,

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Persona 3 glorifies suicide..... I do not care what you or any other fan of that hell-vile series say to defend it. It needs to be banned full stop.

I personally enjoy fps games but at the same time I do feel guilty about playing them. I feel uneasy that most video games involve some violence.

With that logic... that's no different than calling fps games like CoD glorifying homicide.

On topic: hoping this would mean more mainline Persona games would be put on PC (if not, then other platforms and not just Sony's platform).

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With that logic... that's no different than calling fps games like CoD glorifying homicide.
The context is war in many of those games.

Not at all the same thing.

Anyway, as I wrote, not going to bother with you ponies. This series is hell-evil and it has to be banned full stop.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Persona 3 glorifies suicide.....

I personally enjoy fps games but at the same time I do feel guilty about playing them. I feel conflict that most video games involve some violence.
I haven't played P3 personally, but I seriously doubt there's any scene where a character shooting himself actually results in his death, and that's followed up with a big raucous party at his funeral. That would be glorifying suicide. Short of that, there's no way it glorifies violence more than any other M-rated game.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played P3 personally, but I seriously doubt there's any scene where a character shooting himself actually results in his death, and that's followed up with a big raucous party at his funeral. That would be glorifying suicide. Short of that, there's no way it glorifies violence more than any other M-rated game.
The Evokers in P3 summon your Persona as you have the strength to face death and accept it, iirc. So each time a character chooses to point the gun at their head and fire, they're facing their mortality, or something along those lines. It's been years since I played P3. Death is a major theme in P3, but never suicide.

Also, why is this news?
Because it's a publisher making their first major foray into a new platform market. It's uncommon, but I write news for noteworthy sales milestones, such as Stardew hitting 10 million, PS4 becoming #2 console of all time, etc.

I'm very well biased towards Persona, especially 4, but this is to let people know that Atlus succeeded in bringing Persona 4 to a new platform, meaning we can maybe expect more games to follow, or even consider ports to the PS4/Switch.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The context is war in many of those games.
Yeah, usually they're based on real-life wars that caused real-life casualties. It's not at all logical to defend that while suggesting fantasy settings in video games should be far more limited in what they're allowed to depict. Either it's all okay or none of it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello