1. 6,267

Front-page
    S24d2yN.png

Almost a month after its launch on Steam, Persona 4 Golden has hit a milestone of 500,000 players on PC. Atlus announced the sales data on Twitter, where they also shared a new piece of artwork, drawn by series artist Shigenori Soejima. If you still haven't gotten around to trying out Persona 4, you can check out our staff's passionate takes, in either our GBAtemp Recommends issue, or our official review of the game. Persona 4 originally launched in 2008, and was re-released with extra content in 2012 as Persona 4 Golden, with the original game selling 193,000 copies in its launch week in Japan, and Golden achieving 324,357 total copies sold in Japan on the Vita, for comparison.

:arrow: Source

Mr. Looigi, Jonnysert, Payne and 18 others like this.
  2. Discussion (66 replies)

3. AlexMCS

AlexMCS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    The PC port I want is P4 Arena Ultimax though. :(

4. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    maybe now atlus is realising that PC can be just as much of a successful market as Playstation
    especially considering the fact the pc version sold as much as both of the versions combined

5. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait
    I didnt finish it yet ....... not even the first boss hehe why ? because it is harder the get the true ending in persona 4 golden than persona 5 royal.

Right? do you have easy guide to get the true ending.

Jonnysert likes this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Over 80 hours in and I still can't get enough. So glad they ported this to a platform where it can live forever and get all the recognition/accolades it deserves. Hell, it should be top three in the running for GOTY 2020.

7. Chary

OP Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    Honestly, I'd never been so excited for a PC port. This is, hands down, one of my favorite games of all time--everything about it is so good. Playing the PC version just proved how amazing P4G is to me, all over again. So happy it did well on the platform. I hope it comes to Switch, too, so more people can enjoy it.

It was honestly hilarious watching the PC Gaming Show. The second that it went live on Steam, every single one of my friends popped up in my Steam activity feed, having immediately bought P4G on PC, no questions asked.

8. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I like when companies make art to celebrate things. :)

Too bad is mostly about sales number, almost like is bragging. Though I know is just to say Thanks to all patrons. :ninja:

9. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    @Mohammed2935 It's really easy to get the true ending.
    You have to select a correct option once and then explore the correct spots, I got the true ending on my first playthrough.

10. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait
    which characters should I focus on and which dates too.

I think you must finish the game twice to get it.

11. Chary

OP Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    get marie completed before november or so, everyone else doesn't really matter for the true ending

you can get it on your first playthrough. the game tells you when the "big moment" happens, so save when it tells you to and youll be fine, for the "good ending". then, on 3/20, make sure you check around junes, after you talk to everyone.

Last edited by Chary, Jul 11, 2020
    Jonnysert and Mohammed2935 like this.
  12. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow i must be missing out on a amazing game i do have it on my vita along with Persona 1-3 on my PSP also

Surprised the game sold 500k copies i guess there's a future of more PC releases

13. nxwing

nxwing TYPE-MOON Enthusiast

Philippines
    It's nice that P4G did so well on Steam. Too bad Catherine fucking bombed on the Switch though. Hopefully they don't interpret that as people not wanting their games on the Switch.

Around 25 hours in and I don't regret a single thing. It's been nearly 4 years since I completed P4G for the first time. The option of having both Japanese and English dubs is nice too!

14. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    Okay, now P5R please.

Silent_Gunner and Xzi like this.
  15. nxwing

nxwing TYPE-MOON Enthusiast

Philippines
    One can only wish. That being said, I'd really prefer it if P3F was released on Steam before P5R.

16. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    NOW HURRY UP AND PORT P5 ON PC! :toot:

17. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    no, it didnt. The original game sold 193,000 copies in Japan in its launch week only (358,899 lifetime sales), plus another 324,327 for Golden`s lifetime in Japan only. We still have to add up America and Europes sales of both original persona 4 and P4G, which according to vgchartz are 870,000 for P4G (NA, EU, and others), as for original persona 4 i could only find information about NA sales which are about 100k. We are still missing digital sales, as these are all physical sales.

So we can calculate about 1,653,226 worldwide lifetime sales for both versions of Persona 4 (still missing EU and "others" for original P4, and digital sales, maybe another 150k-200k?)

And now it costs only $20 which is another factor, and many of the people who are buying it now are people who had already bought the game before, not new users, so in case of a simultaneous release people would have chosen 1 version and pc sales would have been much lower.

Skelletonike and 64bitmodels like this.
  18. Sansgaming420

Sansgaming420 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Now put Shin Megami Tensei games on PC, Mr. Atlus

felix.200, Peloisan and shadow1w2 like this.
  19. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    thanks for the info, sorry for being so uninformed

20. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I'm good with either coming to PC next. Seems like there'd be more work to do in "fixing" P3F in preparation for a port though, since the game isn't balanced around having party control, correct?

nxwing likes this.
  21. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Atlus games on PC = win
    I think it's pretty clear now.
    Really hope they bring the entire Shin Megami series to PC.
    I'd be down to buy the roms raw for use in retroarch.
    Other franchises like Snow Board kids too.

Peloisan likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Persona, reaches, million