Persona 3: Portable, Persona 4: Golden, and Persona 5 Royal are all heading to PC and Xbox

Announced during the Xbox Showcase was the partnership between Microsoft and Atlus. Three games are coming over to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, all from the Persona series. Persona 3: Portable, Persona 4: Golden, and even Persona 5 Royal will all be heading to the platform. Persona 5 Royal will be launching first, on October 21st, and will also come to Windows PC. The other two entries will also be on PC as well, with a release timeframe in 2023. All three games will be a part of Game Pass. It's not currently known if these games will be available outside of the Windows storefront for PC.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Eh.
P3P is a lot more dynamic, easier to control, and more welcoming to people in the series.
Ans since it's coming to PC, modders are going to go bonkers anyways, so maybe you'll get P3PFES.
Modding will most likely not happen as this is a Microsoft Store release and not on Steam/Epic.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess you can at least restore the dialog on PC.

1655061407011.jpg

Reactions: gbatempfan1

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! It was vexing to me that one of the DLC fighters for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Joker / Ren / Akira from Persona 5 (Royal)) was locked to a PlayStation exclusive, but this announcement relieved me of this worry. I personally don't have to worry about buying additional hardware (outside of emulating the original Persona 5 with a PlayStation 3 emulator) in the event that I would like to play the games that the 3rd party fighters originate from some day. I'm not too concerned about that some of the games that the 3rd party fighters come from haven't released on the Nintendo Switch, since I prefer PC gaming anyways.
I know that only Xbox Game Pass and Windows have been explicitly mentioned, but though I still hope that Persona 3 Portable and Persona 5 Royal release on Steam, it's too early for people to jump to the conclusion that they won't appear over there.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I am one of the few out there that prefers the VN presentation of P3P over P3/FES. I have fond memories of games I played on handhelds as opposed to games I played on a TV or my monitor.

I also recently replayed P3P on my Vita cause my PSP is broken at the moment and I honestly enjoyed every moment of it. Granted, a port of P3P isn't ideal for everyone but I'm happy of the fact that it exists.
It was about a typo.
"P3P better than P3P" doesn't sound weird for you? :P

• Haha
Reactions: k7ra and nxwing

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hopefully persona comes to the switch in the future and maybe announced if they do a june direct,specially 5 since it lost the exclusive status

Azael_inf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I was under the impression a lot of peeps didn't like the fes content. In any case, this is cool and all but I've already got a vita, and I personally would rather original p5 if only for the og Takemi voice.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure this won't be Microsoft exclusive, but also hesitant to believe they'd be able to do P5R justice on the Switch.
If they do physical releases I'd certainly pick up PS4 versions of P3P and P4G... but if that doesn't happen I'm good with my original disks for PS2 P3FES and P4, PS3 vanilla P5, PS4 P5R, and my vita cart for P4G (and P3P undub on adrenaline).

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't we have update graphic's of Persona 3? ugh is it that FREAKING hard to just port FES to Xbox and just add control able party member's... ugh...

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't we have update graphic's of Persona 3? ugh is it that FREAKING hard to just port FES to Xbox and just add control able party member's... ugh...
But what about the Female protagonist? Her side comes with plenty of differences from the original male MC. New social links, new equipment, dialogue changes, etc.
It's a massive overhaul to work with and obviously ATLUS doesn't want to spend so much money to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1