Patched Switch on 9.0.1?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CurtiXCX, Nov 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CurtiXCX
    OP

CurtiXCX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi all - I’ve spent countless amounts of times scrolling through forums and can’t find a definitive to date answer so wondered if I could have some help?

My switch is definitely patched (XAJ4006798xxxx) and currently running 9.0.1

All I really want at this time is a NDS and GBA emulator, and maybe later ability to play backup games etc- is there currently anything that can be done or do I need to wait patiently and avoid updating? Any timescale or projects ongoing currently?

Thank you in advance, I know it’s probably frustrating to see these posts but I just can’t find solid answers!

2. minooch_e

minooch_e Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2017
    United States
    dxxshore and MUDD_BR like this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There is a chance your Switch will never be hackable on 9.0.1 or higher. If you care about hacks, you should sell it and buy an unpatched one (or a patched one on 4.1.0 that has never connected to the internet).

thaikhoa, CallmeBerto and miss_nakano like this.
  4. Username4321

Username4321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Brazil
    You're fucked.

CrAzYLiFe and Carlos_DobleC like this.
  5. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Wow, I was about to post the exact same response!

Carlos_DobleC and CallmeBerto like this.
  6. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Unless you’re willing to do some super janky shit(tm) in the distant future, you’re perma fucked

thaikhoa likes this.
  7. miss_nakano

miss_nakano GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    Australia
    If you really want to run homebrew on the switch, I'd really suggest you to sell that console and look for unpatched switch right away. This is a certain way to play homebrew on switch right away rather than having to wait for possible future exploit for 9.0.1 patched switch which is very unlikely to ever happen.

8. 0x3000027E

0x3000027E GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2018
    United States
    Modchip?

9. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    There MIGHT be a SX OS Update coming for the Patched and Slim Units, but that is just a Rumor. So until then, just wait, or get a Unpatched Unit.

Question - I take it I will have to get another SX OS Purchase if I want to get another Unpatched Unit, correct? Each Licence is only for 1 specific Unit, right, even the Pro?

10. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Some kind of hardmod, yea. Other bootrom exploits exist but are in things that are disabled via fuses, theoretically one could use a hardmod to glitch the system into a state where it could use said things and thus use the exploits.

11. CurtiXCX
    OP

CurtiXCX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for all the helpful replies - I’ll get searching for an older one - I didn’t realise how impossible it is for people not to be cunts on an online forum, but first reply gave me an idea!

thaikhoa and wicksand420 like this.
  12. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    GBA and NDS -- why not use a 3ds/2DSXL?

thaikhoa likes this.
  13. Swing

Swing GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    I can play anything I want on 9.0.1 except I lost my Fire Emblem save. I don't know what they're talking about. I'm just pissed I lost 35 hours of gameplay

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's because fucking Fire Emblem does some sneaky shit. I recommend people that play games in the future watch out. However you can surf eshop and download demos and play backups hehe :yayswitch:

14. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    That’s a bit harsh. It was a pretty basic question that must be already dealt with in the stickies.
    This place sure does have a lot of bickering though, we’re like a bunch of grumpy old men most of the time depending on your choice of CFW

Last edited by snoofly, Nov 8, 2019
  15. CurtiXCX
    OP

CurtiXCX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is it though? Despite a sticky saying I can’t do anything and have to be patient, I was thrown words like iPatched, saw that my version could be injected payloads but did nothing, and other posts saying I could do nothing at all - as a newcomer that’s not exactly clear? First reply was an example of someone either dying to be a mod, or extremely lacking somewhere and feeling the need to take it out on strangers online to feel some sort of power and speciality :rolleyes:

16. litlnicky

litlnicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    loll look on youtube, follow tutorial to install atmosphere , your switch is not patched, i have the same serial number XAJ4 ,

Last edited by litlnicky, Nov 8, 2019
  17. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Yes it is.

Untitled.

18. litlnicky

litlnicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    OOPS SORRY

19. CurtiXCX
    OP

CurtiXCX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    And this is where the confusion comes in :rofl2::rofl2:

20. minooch_e

minooch_e Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2017
    United States
    Nawww is this time someone on the net said something slightly mean to you!? Fuck me, you're in for a tough time if that offended you. Personally I couldn't give two shits about you calling me a cunt, other people will though, wouldn't make a habit of it kid.

bad361 and masagrator like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.