Hacking Patched IOS80 Installer for vWii (allows SD Menu custom channels)

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do it, but i'm too coward lol
I installed the patched IOS80 without issue; I've been using it to run Doc Louis's Punch-Out off the SD Card. I unfortunately did not have enough coins that year to get it legitimately, which is my preference. I'll likely go down the WAD route for games that have been de-listed and for Lost Winds.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried updating to 3.0.0 after installing this IOS? Because this patched IOS has worked fine for me, but the Wii U System update simply refuses to install... After numerous attempts, it always dies at 30%, and the only explanation I can think of is my IOS files.

So could someone please give me a clean vWii IOS80? I really want to get this thing updated!

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone tried updating to 3.0.0 after installing this IOS? Because this patched IOS has worked fine for me, but the Wii U System update simply refuses to install... After numerous attempts, it always dies at 30%, and the only explanation I can think of is my IOS files.

So could someone please give me a clean vWii IOS80? I really want to get this thing updated!
I doubt that a patched ios80 is stopping it from updating, but I'll dump my clean ios80 into a wad, hang on

Here's my vWii IOS 80: --SNIP-- could get banned!
Just a note: DO NOT BLAME ME IF YOUR vWII GETS BRICKED!!!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had cIOS236, d2x:249,250,251, patched vIOS80, and some stock Wii channels such as the news and photo channel (1.0 as it has mp3 support) on my vWii when i upgraded to 3.0.0
The update installed fine. I am positive the patched vIOS80 is not the cause as 3.0.0 does not touch vWii and I had it installed before I updated.

The downside is that since that is not the cause, something else is, and that is not a good sign as that means something else, possibly on the Wii u side is messed up. It may be that the only fix is to send it in to Nintendo for repair, which could be problematic should they find the vWii side of things tampered with.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I doubt that a patched ios80 is stopping it from updating, but I'll dump my clean ios80 into a wad, hang on

Here's my vWii IOS 80: - - -
Just a note: DO NOT BLAME ME IF YOUR vWII GETS BRICKED!!!
Nice to share and all but just a heads up, if a mod finds that link you could get in trouble since it's technically software copyrighted by Nintendo.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nice to share and all but just a heads up, if a mod finds that link you could get in trouble since it's technically software copyrighted by Nintendo.
Thanks for letting me know! I got banned for about 3 days when I posted firmware.nds, I didn't want to get banned so the link is now snipped! Thanks!

I had cIOS236, d2x:249,250,251, patched vIOS80, and some stock Wii channels such as the news and photo channel (1.0 as it has mp3 support) on my vWii when i upgraded to 3.0.0
The update installed fine. I am positive the patched vIOS80 is not the cause as 3.0.0 does not touch vWii and I had it installed before I updated.

The downside is that since that is not the cause, something else is, and that is not a good sign as that means something else, possibly on the Wii u side is messed up. It may be that the only fix is to send it in to Nintendo for repair, which could be problematic should they find the vWii side of things tampered with.
I've done all of that except I haven't patched ios 80, and I put photo channel 1.1 on there which was a nightmare!
http://gbatemp.net/threads/photo-channel-vwii-installer-can-it-be-done.342324/

Reactions: bezem

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After so long, has anyone tried to install LostWinds?

It is the only game that cannot be transfered normally through the wii => Wii U process.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats strange i ran the installer and it worked even lets me move homebrew channel to sd menu, but system check still says ios 80 no patches thats wierd is this normal

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why can't we have trucha patched ios37 for Riivolution ?
Maybe because IOS37 as nothing to do with mIOS ? (old question, now Devolution is here, but no link...)
Thats strange i ran the installer and it worked even lets me move homebrew channel to sd menu, but system check still says ios 80 no patches thats wierd is this normal
Just because system check looks for trucha, nand access, usb2 etc... and not for SD patch.

ozl

Wii4everybody
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii4everybody.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Where can i get the patched IOS 80 for regular Black 4.3U Wii? i tried one from ModMii called: IOS80v16944(IOS80v6944[FS-ES-NP-VP]) but it gives me an error on SD card and i cant uninstall it with MMM Wad Manager :( please help!

Greefus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can i get the patched IOS 80 for regular Black 4.3U Wii? i tried one from ModMii called: IOS80v16944(IOS80v6944[FS-ES-NP-VP]) but it gives me an error on SD card and i cant uninstall it with MMM Wad Manager :( please help!
Mount your nand dumped from FSToolbox via ShowMiiWads and then extract it from there. ModMii only has regular Wii stuff. Put the extracted wad in the root of your SD then use the tool in the OP to patch your Wii U.

ozl

Wii4everybody
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii4everybody.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Mount your nand dumped from FSToolbox via ShowMiiWads and then extract it from there. ModMii only has regular Wii stuff. Put the extracted wad in the root of your SD then use the tool in the OP to patch your Wii U.
Its for my Wii not Wii U, My Wii U is working fine with patched IOS 80 but not my Black Wii, Thanks!

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

Some people were wondering how to run unofficial channels via SD Menu on their Wii U's vWii, and why they currently could not, and the answer is simply, the same answer as on regular Wii: The System Menu IOS has to have the signature check patched out.

And so, I have modified IOS236 Installer MOD to install a patched IOS80 instead.
It only applies the one needed patch (not 5 like IOS236 Installer MOD does).

Just run it on vWii from SD card via HBC.

WARNING! THIS APP MODIFIES vWii's SYSTEM MENU IOS! RISK LEVEL "ORANGE" ACCORDING TO THIS THREAD! (which you should READ FIRST)
vWii CURRENTLY HAS NO RECOVERY OPTIONS SUCH AS BootMii, SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I have only tested it on 1 Wii U (several times though), my USA "Guinea-Pig" Wii U...
...and it was successful every time :D

But it is still risky, just like any other System Mod.

Anyways, here you go.

Enjoy!

You're a lifesaver! Been trying to figure this out all night, then I found your thread and this tool. Works PERFECTLY on my vWii 4.0.0U firmware!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol