Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On old3ds, yes with rxTools emunand.

Maybe on new3ds with the gateway launcher in classic mode emunand.

Ah, yes, didn't think about that. I'll wait for the DS profile exploit to come out anyways, but if it's not out on Wednesday, I won't be able to boot to CFW again then, going to a friend who has Cubic Ninja, I don't have it myself, so that's why I asked when not on CFW.
Thanks.

And when on CFW, I can use a firmware spoofer to be able to boot games that requires a higher firmware than 4.5?

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
He needs a cubic ninja save for 9.2.0-20E.

ok, it works :D for who doesn't know, i have a 3ds with the broken camera, version 4.5e, i have CN, so i used to install a cfw (palantine) then devmenu, then sdf, i imported the 4.5 save file to the cn cart, so now i'm able to boot pasta! thanks again to everyone, expecially pakrett!

next step: import the 9.2e save file to cubic ninja cart, find a safe way to update to 9.2, then use pasta :D

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, yes, didn't think about that. I'll wait for the DS profile exploit to come out anyways, but if it's not out on Wednesday, I won't be able to boot to CFW again then, going to a friend who has Cubic Ninja, I don't have it myself, so that's why I asked when not on CFW.
Thanks.

And when on CFW, I can use a firmware spoofer to be able to boot games that requires a higher firmware than 4.5?
Nope, new encryption key since 6.X, 7.X, that's why Pasta is so great.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, it works :D for who doesn't know, i have a 3ds with the broken camera, version 4.5e, i have CN, so i used to install a cfw (palantine) then devmenu, then sdf, i imported the 4.5 save file to the cn cart, so now i'm able to boot pasta! thanks again to everyone, expecially pakrett!

next step: import the 9.2e save file to cubic ninja cart, find a safe way to update to 9.2, then use pasta :D
Yep, use sysupdater with 3dnus ! 100% safe.​

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has there been any progress made towards playing Xenonlade Chronicles 3D on PastaCFW?

The answer is firmlaunch : the ability to launch an upper FIRM, to launch upper games (like Pokemon Shuffle, Xenoblade Chronicles...)

Motezazer is working on a firmlauch hax, once included with pasta that could load it.

Reactions: coolfuze

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, sorry. Ofcourse the forums wants to be in the next page XD.
I mean, while in CFW just booting the game that requires a higher firmware than 4.5 without needing firmware spoofers or whatever.

In PASTA or PBT/Palantine cfw in 4.5 you can launch cia with version spoof that don't need 6.0 + but not the others like pkmn Ruby Omega for that you need 6.0 firmware minimum.

Edit: And the only way to do that is cubic ninja or wait for the mset release.

Reactions: coolfuze

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, curious as to how all this works. When you apply the CFW, does it work like an emuNAND? or is it merely applying patches to the sysnand?
So if for example, I install an unsigned .cia, will it install to sysnand? If so, could you instead push this onto an emu nand?

Also, is there a CFW/homebrew app out there that has autoboot functionality, or does everysingle one require ninjhax to boot every single time?

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, curious as to how all this works. When you apply the CFW, does it work like an emuNAND? or is it merely applying patches to the sysnand?
So if for example, I install an unsigned .cia, will it install to sysnand? If so, could you instead push this onto an emu nand?

Also, is there a CFW/homebrew app out there that has autoboot functionality, or does everysingle one require ninjhax to boot every single time?

There is no emuNAND at the moment. Everything you do is with sysnand. After you launch Pasta with the homebrew launcher you can play installed cia's without launching it again until you reset the system. For a more complete description Check out my guide in my signature to get started.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pasta simply patches sysNand, so everything you install is installed there. No way to get an 'autoboot' anything, since we don't have 3DS keys nor do we have access to the boot loader. So regardless of the exploit, we will need to boot it each time the system is turned on.

Pushing pasta to emunand should be possible, but I doubt it's on the To-Do.

Reactions: EmceeKerser

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody tell me if you can use SDF on this CFW, and if so, has anybody tried using it to backup retail Pokemon ORAS/Animal Crossing New Leaf saves with it yet?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
There is no emuNAND at the moment. Everything you do is with sysnand. After you launch Pasta with the homebrew launcher you can play installed cia's without launching it again until you reset the system. For a more complete description Check out my guide in my signature to get started.

Ok, awesome. And would this be ok to have alongside RXtools or something? like in terms of how the SD card is set up

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, awesome. And would this be ok to have alongside RXtools or something? like in terms of how the SD card is set up
Yes, no prblm. You can use Pasta and rxTools with the same SD card.

9.2 Pasta Sysnand + 9.7 Rx Emunand is actualy the best config, for me.

But rxTools does not support new 3ds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag