Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need the Files. As I understand it, once you do the QR Code, and Install the NinjHax Files, you dont need to go online anymore and it will load it Automatically when you select QR Code.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Manually converting SDF save -> .sav (3DZ format) -> .sav (Sky3DS EEPROM-Yes format) is OK too.
But it requires GW/MT and hex editor.

Reactions: Margen67

gpodgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install a .cia game. using FBI
and gave this error message at the end of installation:

install failed
Could Not install app
raw error: 0xd8e08025
module: am (0x20)
level: permanent (0x1b)
summary: invalid argument (0x7)
description: invalid NCCH (0x25)

new 3ds 9.x

photo.JPG

How fix it?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting the thing where my CIA installed is asking me to unwrap it again every time I boot to Pasta. Does this happen because I accidentally tried to launch the CIA when not in Pasta?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure, but if you connect online, nintendo could theoretically see that you can playing an eshop game that you have not purchased.
so, i think .3ds/z format via gw is much safer. --- but thankfully nintendo seems to be somewhat relaxed and not truly evil like sony/microsoft, when it comes to banning and checking.

How would Nintendo know though? Nintendo's incredibly stupid online system will not let you remove your linked Nintendo ID from a 3DS. I am not exaggerating. I signed into my Nintendo ID (one I created on the Wii U) on my 3DS and I wanted to get rid of it and I could not. The only choice is to DELETE THE ACCOUNT/USERNAME! It's madness!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talk about irony.....

but he is right though not everyone here has been here all thread long it should most definitely be in the OP that is what sucks about this site nobody ever goes back and updates OP's properly not just with this i see it all the fucking time it need to be updated so people don't have to wade through hundreds of pages of inane bullshit to find the pertinent information
and we don't have to see the same fucking questions being poster over and over every 5 fucking pages
there really is no excuse
not everyone wants to sift through thousands of posts of mostly trivial shit

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How would Nintendo know though? Nintendo's incredibly stupid online system will not let you remove your linked Nintendo ID from a 3DS. I am not exaggerating. I signed into my Nintendo ID (one I created on the Wii U) on my 3DS and I wanted to get rid of it and I could not. The only choice is to DELETE THE ACCOUNT/USERNAME! It's madness!

how would nintendo know?
well, surely they can check to see if the current game you are playing/in your play logs is also in your account purchase history.
i would imagine they have the backbone/system set up to check for it, but i guess they just don't check.

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but he is right though not everyone here has been here all thread long it should most definitely be in the OP that is what sucks about this site nobody ever goes back and updates OP's properly not just with this i see it all the fucking time it need to be updated so people don't have to wade through hundreds of pages of inane bullshit to find the pertinent information
and we don't have to see the fucking questions being poster over and over every 5 fucking pages
there really is no excuse
not everyone wants to sift through thousands of posts of mostly trivial shit

Trying to get my guide posted on the OP, maybe tomorrow.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get my guide posted on the OP, maybe tomorrow.

i found a good video on youtube like 3 days ago for noob friendly tut on installing pasta i don't think it was posted here yet either
but it is from the early 1st version , the sound was low in the video and he said he was redoing it but i haven't checked yet to see if he redid it maybe he did with and with a newer version

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a good video on youtube like 3 days ago for noob friendly tut on installing pasta i don't think it was posted here yet either
but it is from the early 1st version , the sound was low in the video and he said he was redoing it but i haven't checked yet to see if he redid it maybe he did with and with a newer version

I used that same video when I first installed. The sound was a big killer, I had my headphones blasting and still hard to hear. That's why I just went with captions.

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm a bit confused here. So let's say MSET gets developed, and you can boot the CFW without CN - how do you install BBM then? I mean isn't the whole point of MSET to not require CN to enter the CFW or is this a one time deal?

Good question. If the user has CN, obviously they can use that, otherwise they can use PAL-CFW to install BBM, that is until someone provide a proper solution to the MSET branch of Pasta.

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm a bit confused here. So let's say MSET gets developed, and you can boot the CFW without CN - how do you install BBM then? I mean isn't the whole point of MSET to not require CN to enter the CFW or is this a one time deal?

Well, on O3DS, you can install BBM with PBT-CFW, then update to 9.2 with sysupdater (leaving out the MSET CIA !) and then you should be able to launch PastaCFW from MSET in 9.2 firmware.

(Please note the above statement is discussing a feature not yet implemented, so do not follow the procedure above yet !!)

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm, would it be possible to have something like FBI implemented into the UI? I mean nothing fancy, just powerful enough to install BBM?

Maybe, depends on if MSET has access to AM, anyone here knows?

Nope, only am:sys. 3dbrew didn't say what this is for, but CIA installation requires am:net or am:u.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, would it be possible to have something like FBI implemented into the UI? I mean nothing fancy, just powerful enough to install BBM?
Even just the addition of an option in menu "Install BBM/BRM into sysNAND" for one-time install would be great. The rest can be installed from the main screen of the patched sysNAND after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hi