Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Pasta simply patches sysNand, so everything you install is installed there. No way to get an 'autoboot' anything, since we don't have 3DS keys nor do we have access to the boot loader. So regardless of the exploit, we will need to boot it each time the system is turned on.

Pushing pasta to emunand should be possible, but I doubt it's on the To-Do.

It is on the to do list, yes there is a list, it was just given the lowest priority.

Reactions: Kafke

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
So far people using only cia's have never been banned, only sky users have, and if someone claims they have been banned using cia ask them if they haven't also used sky.

Reactions: Kafke

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, if you don't play online with it. You can play online with legit cia, I think, I often do it...

CIAs uses console as header, instead of unique cartridge header. so CIAs are safe online.

Reactions: pakrett

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is this a problem only with .3ds ? Not cia ?

.3ds uses public header. .3dz uses (may be applied manually) a private header. .3dz is safe, just like CIAs is.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
CIAs uses console as header, instead of unique cartridge header. so CIAs are safe online.

sure, but if you connect online, nintendo could theoretically see that you can playing an eshop game that you have not purchased.
so, i think .3ds/z format via gw is much safer. --- but thankfully nintendo seems to be somewhat relaxed and not truly evil like sony/microsoft, when it comes to banning and checking.

Reactions: VinsCool and Kafke

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure, but if you connect online, nintendo could theoretically see that you can playing an eshop game that you have not purchased.
so, i think .3ds/z format via gw is much safer. --- but thankfully nintendo seems to be somewhat relaxed and not truly evil like sony/microsoft, when it comes to banning and checking.

Do all online cart-based games have eShop equivalents? If you do a system transfer from one 3DS to another, does that new system see all your eShop purchases and you can re-download from the shop? Just wondering if they are actually keeping track of console id's like this.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Do all online cart-based games have eShop equivalents? If you do a system transfer from one 3DS to another, does that new system see all your eShop purchases and you can re-download from the shop? Just wondering if they are actually keeping track of console id's like this.

no, i don't think all physicals games are on the eshop.
if you do a system transfer, all of the stuff you got from eshop is transferred too - or at the very least redownloadable from eshop :)

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a O3DS on 9.2 U and I cant even get NinjHax to run. Following the Directions as I am supposed to. Not to mention cant even get Smealum.net to come up. I got the Required Files on my SD Card, I got Pasta on the SD Card. Everytime I try to load up the QR Code, I get the Bottom Screen frozen and the Top Screen is messed up with either 1-3 Multicolored Lines. The WiFi Light flickers every now and then, and then the 3DS comes up with a Error Msg.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a O3DS on 9.2 U and I cant even get NinjHax to run. Following the Directions as I am supposed to. Not to mention cant even get Smealum.net to come up. I got the Required Files on my SD Card, I got Pasta on the SD Card. Everytime I try to load up the QR Code, I get the Bottom Screen frozen and the Top Screen is messed up with either 1-3 Multicolored Lines. The WiFi Light flickers every now and then, and then the 3DS comes up with a Error Msg.

Most likely you arent capturing the QR properly. Place the 3ds on a stable flat surface and try and get the QR as big as possible and as much on the camera as possible

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It's not going to work with smea's server down. If you have some way to use savedatafiler, you can use this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ninjhax-saves.384336/#post-5412423

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK cool. So basically have to wait till the they get the Server back up and running?
Do you need the QR code or the Ninjhax files?
image.jpg

Reactions: Hammyface
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No Bueno