Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
AGB_FIRM has signature checks. All you need to do is patch those, otherwise you wont have custom GBA titles

That shouldn't be a problem, if you download any GBA rom it should have the correct sigs anyways as those were not console specific and not that advanced anyway.

Reactions: Margen67

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have made a CFW loader for both N3DS and O3DS, it requires Cubic Ninja and allows you to install and run unsigned CIAs (The loader is still in early devlopement, but it should work !).

As for the name, it is because it all started from a Unknown Pastebin.

The loader is nothing fancy, and i don't like to make tidy posts, so here is a zip that both contains brahma (required to launch the loader) and the loader itself.

It works on N3DS 9.0-9.2 and O3DS 4.1-4.5 / 8.0-8.1 / 9.0-9.2.

Also, unsigned DSIware works as well as GBA Virtual Console !

WARNING, THIS CFW WILL BOOT TO SYSNAND !!! I will decline all responsability of any consequences of your usage of this CFW (even if your handheld comes to explode).

Edit: it is strongly recomended to close and open the lid of your console to have proper 3D support, and you are able to run Out of region cartridge games (with unsigned dlc ?) with this CFW, by launching either smealum's region three on O3DS or NTR on N3DS.

Edit2 : If you get an error when installing a CIA with FBI, remember to make a title.db file in your "Nintendo 3DS/id1/id2/dbs" folder, and go to software management to fix the issue, you will then be able to install CIAs with FBI.

Video Instructions to start CFW:

N3DS :

O3DS :

Text Instructions :

- Download the archive provided below, unzip it's contents to the root of the SD card of your N/O3DS.

- Startup your 3DS , boot Cubic Ninja, start Brahma, load and execute the payload ("arm9payload.bin").

- You should land on a screen like the one below.
SjTIRO9.jpg

- Select your firmware, and press start to launch the CFW (or B to reboot without launching a custom firmware).

- Done ! you can now enjoy your signature patches :D and piracy galore ^^''.

Credits :
- Me (Capito27) for the loader menu.
- Patois for brahma and sample code , without him, i couldn't make this CFW loader.
- Unknown for all the O3DS offsets and the signature patch method.
- motezazer for the N3DS offsets and testing.
- kactusss for testing the app and providing the videos.
- Psi-hate for bringing up the unknown pastebin to the gbatemp community.

For those who want to have a look at my messy source code and laugh at my really poor coding skills, feel free, here is the github source.

I come back from a short break and find this. Awesome work. Finally a cfw without all the pontificating false moralty.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, install a modded AGB_FIRM, though that would be quite risky...
Well... if you could modify it, it isn't something that would brick your system (worst that could happen is break AGB_FIRM). And now that I think about it... it might be doable if you only run it under pastaCFW. Interesting... I own all of the ambassador title legitimately so I won't be the one to test. I run all of it just fine from sysnand.

but its tickets won't be valid
System titles don't need tickets. That's why you can update with CIA files generated from 3dnus...

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just thought of this, but wouldn't this allow HB loading from sky3DS on the supported FW, as it removes the sig checks it shoud work right. (Personanly don't have a Sky3DS as I already have a GW so I cannot test this for myself...)

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would only be able to run the AGB_FIRM in pasta or another cfw if you patch it.
That shouldn't be a problem, if you download any GBA rom it should have the correct sigs anyways as those were not console specific and not that advanced anyway.
I'm pretty sure it checks for signatures outside of the GBA ROM, otherwise we would have custom GBA games now

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This should now detect the right firmware version automatically. If the firmware is unsupported it will display an error and refuse to load the CFW.

Simply replace the arm9payload.bin file from the OP with this one, load brahma and the arm9payload as usual, and press START to load the CFW once you have verified that the detected firmware version looks correct. When enough people confirm it's working, I will make it autoboot the CFW by default so there is no need to press START. :)

If people have any problems with it detecting the wrong version, simply tell me the contents of the "FIRM: KERNEL:" line, which firmware it detects and which firmware you actually have and I'll have it fixed shortly. Unless there are errors in the list on 3dbrew that shouldn't be an issue though.

Edit: Added source
Worked for me

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You would only be able to run the AGB_FIRM in pasta or another cfw if you patch it.

I'm pretty sure it checks for signatures outside of the GBA ROM, otherwise we would have custom GBA games now

Well to be honest as the old CFW was the only way to load these interest was quite low, so it might just be that not enough people with the right skills tried to do this.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does anyone think that it would cause problems/crashes with it being unsigned before you boot into Pasta? Game CIA's don't cause any issues, but a system file might be different.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have legit ambassador titles, but for my n3ds all i can find are cia files for japanese and USA only, are there dumps of EU ones anywhere? (NO LINKS) just an answer

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone think that it would cause problems/crashes with it being unsigned before you boot into Pasta? Game CIA's don't cause any issues, but a system file might be different.

if you try to boot a gba game outside of a CFW, it will crash. otherwise it should be fine.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have legit ambassador titles, but for my n3ds all i can find are cia files for japanese and USA only, are there dumps of EU ones anywhere? (NO LINKS) just an answer

If looked for them and haven't been able to find any, which is a bummer as I now have to boot them through BBB/DevMenu

Reactions: Naked_Snake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu