Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstLady

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm sooooo happy with this, thanks again all of you. exactly what I've been waiting for xD

Btw. How many CIA's can I install, because I've installed 2 at the moment? Over 1GB.
Surely, I'll run out of space eventually. What happens then?

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm sooooo happy with this, thanks again all of you. exactly what I've been waiting for xD

Btw. How many CIA's can I install, because I've installed 2 at the moment? Over 1GB.
Surely, I'll run out of space eventually. What happens then?

If you run out of space you won't be able to install anymore games until you put in a bigger card

Reactions: FirstLady

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe that the spider exploit is done though the spider tools utility, which has many different tools.

I am assuming that 'gadgets' refers to those tools.

Gadgets are small pieces of code already loaded in ram. ROP (Return Oriented Programming) put a sequences of addresses on the stack and create program made of this small chunks of code (ROP chain). They are like LEGO bricks used to build what you want.

Executing this kind of code the program jumps on different locations of the memory instead of following a linear path.

This is used because on modern systems if you write something in memory you can't execute it untill a kenell process marks it as executable.

If you don't have kernel access (like in a Hack) with this kind of programming you can execute complex code joining instruction already in RAM.

The bad thing is that at every change of memory (i.e. for differtent FW) there are different things in RAM. So you have to collect different sets of gadget for every possible memory configuration.

Hope it's clear enough, this is a complex matter and I explained it in a very simplified (and not complete) way.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok thanks, so the CIA's install on the removable SD card then and not on the 3DS itself? I assumed it installed on the 3DS memory.
Only the ticket is in the NAND (or Emunand).

But there are also CIAs that installs completely in NAND, like system CIAs and 3dsWare.

Reactions: FirstLady

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For me still not working with the 1.1.1 offset fix for 7.X.. :( Freezes after Ninjahax boot to Pasta CFW

There are some prblm with 7.X... If you are on old 3ds it's better to downgrade to 4.X then upgrade to 9.2. On 2ds you have to wait for a new fix.

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me still not working with the 1.1.1 offset fix for 7.X.. :( Freezes after Ninjahax boot to Pasta CFW

Mine's a 2DS with 7.1 fw, when i tried this out, it's not working, can't install fbi and assume that it must have been my firmware, i updated to 8.1 via smash bros and afterward, it worked.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you still trying to load brahma through mset ?

I tryed to port it to 4.x (for test purposes) and 9.X with some ROP gadget from spider hax. The code is finished but it doesn't work, probably because the ROP are from the spider code loaded in RAM.

So at the moment I miss the right ROP gadget to make it work on 9.x or others FW. I should dump memory from 4.x, get the code of the existing gadgets and search the equivalent code in the dump of memory from other FW.

It's very time consuming. I'm switching on Spider ROP to give out a CFW to people on 9.2 without CN, and in the first stage of the code.bin I'm tring to insert a simple CIA install function (so one can first install sign check patch and then run again the CFW with some key pressed to install devmenu). This would be a great step behind.

After this I would like to go back to MSET, where probably I will have to rewrite the rop installe too.

Please understand, I'm making experience on 3DS while working, I'm not a super expert dev like the 3DBrew guys.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(so opne can first install sign check patch and then run again the CFW with some key pressed to install devmenu).

If you're going to do that, I'd suggest BRM or FBI. DevMen/BBM aren't exactly legal to distribute and trying to bundle them would ruin any ability to freely link them.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're going to do that, I'd suggest BRM or FBI. DevMen/BBM aren't exactly legal to distribute and trying to bundle them would ruin any ability to freely link them.

With this you could install whatever you want as long as it's targeted for SD install and has a reasonable small size (so no legit CIA dierctly) because I'm not going to use malloc functions or SD read - CIA write cycles. I'll keep it easy and small.

I'm not going to bundle anything at all.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With it you could install whatever you want as lon as it's targeted for SD install and has a reasonable small size (so no legit CIA dierctly) because I'm not going to use malloc functions or SD read - CIA write cycles. I'll keep it easy and small.

Of course, I just meant if you went and bundled one yourself, don't need The Rules™ to get in the way if you get something working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Exactly.
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Thor from "Pirate Software" said its just better to pirate the game than buy from a keyshop if you care about the devs
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    devs don't get hit with the chargebacks, the keys are free to generate
    at least on steam
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Except he said the DEVS get hits with the chargeback cost
    +1
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    since the key gets bought with a stolen credit card
    there's nothing to charge back because the keys don't cost them money to generate in the first place
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the game has a crack sure
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most these crack sites have dead links anymore or the crack don't even work
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @The Real Jdbye What don't you get? If someone use a stolen creditcard. Then sell said key on G2A. If I the dev sold the game key, I will get the charge back cost. That's how it works, it doesn't matter if I generate 300 keys if 300 of them are bought with stolen credit cards. I never said it was on Steam, but its the dev that gets hit. There is a ton of stories out there if you google it.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just buy other people's steam account :teach:
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Just tell them you're dead ;D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already know
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    I honestly wonder how the EU would say if I willed my account to you. And Valve be like "nope!"
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 - sounds like you need a better place to find cracks!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psionics offline right now or I would
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Psi is offline at the minute, but he knows where to find them.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking about piracy
  • cearp @ cearp:
    not that type of crack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean the drug not the booty pervs
    +2
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @cearp At a plumber convenstion. Loads of cracks!
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A plumber is either on crack or in crack or showcasing crack
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or of course, dealing with cracks (in pipes)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak