Any chance someone could create a Chocobo GP Save Editor, to unlock certain characters?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a complete save file for it instead?
Ditto.

It may take few days for complete save to be available if game is popular enough and I'm not sure if they use Crash Pit Shop style that where characters unlocked are determined by server that sync with save data.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The main thing stuck behind the online battle pass like crap is cloud and squal. So if we could unlock those two that would be great!

Last edited by vree,
Reactions: JeepX87

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It wouldn't be worth it.. most of the game is online
Now that is where you are wrong. I've been playing for hours now with a friend. It has offline gp's just like Mario Kart, Team sonic racing and crash bandicoot racing. And it also has a single player story mode. So you can basically ignore the whole online aspect of the game.

Last edited by vree,
Reactions: JeepX87

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main thing stuck behind the online battle pass like crap is cloud and squal. So if we could unlock those two that would be great!
Yeah, Cloud is one of my most favorite character so I'm not willing to play online a lot to unlock him, so I'm waiting for someone to upload the save file in here.

Reactions: vree

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, Cloud is one of my most favorite character so I'm not willing to play online a lot to unlock him, so I'm waiting for someone to upload the save file in here.
Yeah not sure but I don't think people that can still play online can safely extract their save files without being banned. So we might need someone that can mod a save file or like crash bandicoot racing can manipulate the game itself.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by vree,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah not sure but I don't think people that can still play online can safely extract their save files without being banned. So we might need someone that can mod a save file or like crash bandicoot racing can manipulate the game itself.
They can. You can extract saves from a NAND dump which doesn't require any CFW.

Reactions: vree and RodriGomes

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

looks like someone already figured out how to mod all online content

This video is about demonstrate with cheats, so creator doesn't mention about modify the save to unlock, so one character can be unlocked immediately if use real money and other one can be spent with gil that is easier to obtain.

They can. You can extract saves from a NAND dump which doesn't require any CFW.
I think he/she means in game ban for use someone's save that unlocked the characters that are limited to online only, or if server cannot determine whichever save is legal or not, so they could receive a in game ban - related to Chocobo GP, not Nintendo.

Generally, save sharing isn't concern with almost all games, but few games like Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros Ultimate, you can receive a in game ban for modified saves, regardless on methods. Crash Racing will reset Pit Shop contents if server doesn't match the save or can't determine if it is legally obtained, but no in game ban at all.

We don't know about Chocobo GP so we need to test to determine the game's reaction if use save that isn't belong to original user. It is either unaffected like Mario Tennis Aces or server reset like Crash Racing or worst, in game ban.

You can share a save safely with Mario Tennis Aces with characters unlocked that previously required to play in online tournament.

Reactions: RodriGomes

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is Mythril/Gil stored sever-side? Played through story on Yuzu and I can't access their shops presumably because I've never logged in.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Mythril/Gil stored sever-side? Played through story on Yuzu and I can't access their shops presumably because I've never logged in.
I believe that you are required to access to Nintendo server to take advantage of online features.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generally, save sharing isn't concern with almost all games, but few games like Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros Ultimate, you can receive a in game ban for modified saves, regardless on methods. Crash Racing will reset Pit Shop contents if server doesn't match the save or can't determine if it is legally obtained, but no in game ban at all.

We don't know about Chocobo GP so we need to test to determine the game's reaction if use save that isn't belong to original user. It is either unaffected like Mario Tennis Aces or server reset like Crash Racing or worst, in game ban.
In general it shouldn't matter. People that use cheats and save edits will not be playing online with it. So said ban shouldn't trigger or even apply.

Since the guy is using edizon cheats in the video he is playing on a modded switch. And the characters are still there. So we can safely assume said data is just in the save and there shouldn't be a server check since he is playing offline with cheats. => EDIT: Confirmed, no server check

So I just wish the youtube guy would just share his savefile. Or maybe it's like an extra file on the side like animal crossing had for events. But this with stored pass characters. => EDIT: Not the case.

If he would just dump and share said save and possible extra files we could dissect it.

EDIT:

ChristianFlrenss posted a savefile [Here] with cloud and squall unlocked. Haven't had the time yet to test it but will do so later this week or in the weekend. But feel free to test it yourself and let us know how it worked out.

It exists out of:
-buymithrilitem
-event
-gamedata
-ght0100a
-loginbonus
-option
-shop

Sadly all of it is encrypted so we need to do trial and error to find out where the unlocked flag for the stuff we want is located. If we know that it could be possible to just replace said file. But all depends on what kind of checks there are. The bomb method of replacing everything could in theory work. But if the files refer to each other with a specific ID in the file it will even be necessary to replace everything.

Either that or we find a way to decrypt the savefiles (read basically impossible unless we find someone willing to put a lot of time into it and even then...).

==> EDIT: character unlock data is just in the "gamedata" file. So no server checks or the like, just import and go!

Last edited by vree,

Sam-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
ChristianFlrenss posted a savefile with cloud and squall unlocked. Haven't had the time yet to test it but will do so later this week or in the weekend. But feel free to test it yourself and let us know how it worked out.
I just test by replace save file and it work perfectly, everything in online mode is unlocked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs