Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try with another computer and or another internet connection.

Or buy cubic ninja.

Lol, I already did buy Cubic Ninja, from another temper actually, but it will take at least a week to get here.

I've tried 5 different computers on 2 different networks, same thing every time, I just don't get it.

3DS in CFW mode (boot to home menu after white flash on lower screen)

connected to Internet - 3ds browser has google home page loaded

netviewer shows 3ds as active device - IP clearly matches that in run.bat

WTF?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Lol, I already did buy Cubic Ninja, from another temper actually, but it will take at least a week to get here.

I've tried 5 different computers on 2 different networks, same thing every time, I just don't get it.

3DS in CFW mode (boot to home menu after white flash on lower screen)

connected to Internet - 3ds browser has google home page loaded

netviewer shows 3ds as active device - IP clearly matches that in run.bat

WTF?
Did you hold down L while you start the CFW?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Getting this MSET launcher working on 9.2 has me stumped. I've got all the changes made, and have confirmed I have MSET working properly by running the GW launcher successfully, but PASTA is still just crashing/force rebooting when I try to run it, decrypted or encrypted.
That mset for n3ds works differently than normal mset.. its just a means to jump to memchunk hax routine in the launcher i believe.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you hold down L while you start the CFW?

Absolutely! Would it even do the white flash thing if I hadn"t?

Is there any way to confirm I'm in Palantine CFW? Going into settings will exit CFW right?

Try turning off your firewall, or antivirus if it has a personal firewall

Firewall is off, the one on the router too (I'm using a Linksys with DD-WRT custom firmware)

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, did anyone manage to change the values on the launcher.DAT correctly for it to boot in 9.x ?
I tried my hand at but kinda chickened out cause I don't have a H/W mod.

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BTW, did anyone manage to change the values on the launcher.DAT correctly for it to boot in 9.x ?

I'm looking at the file with a Hex Editor, but I have no idea what to look for. I mean, I can't find any of the values that the payload changes...
And, as the previous comments states, some values are reversed, so it makes it even more difficult to me.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Absolutely! Would it even do the white flash thing if I hadn"t?

Is there any way to confirm I'm in Palantine CFW? Going into settings will exit CFW right?

Firewall is off, the one on the router too (I'm using a Linksys with DD-WRT custom firmware)

It would do the white flash even if you're not holding L top button
When you know you're not in Palantine change the size of the icons on the main menu, when you successfully boot into palantine the icon size will be different
Third but not least, this is the pasta thread, take your palantine questions to the palantine thread, this is the wrong thread for that.

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do I hold L until the home screen re-appears, or just until after the white flash (lower screen)?

After the flash is enough. The flash itself is proof you're in PBT.
I had some issues installing a CIA that way. What solved things for me was:
(Re)installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
Setting a fixed IP address on the Internet Configuration (static IP, router's gateway and any public DNS server).

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm looking at the file with a Hex Editor, but I have no idea what to look for. I mean, I can't find any of the values that the payload changes...
And, as the previous comments states, some values are reversed, so it makes it even more difficult to me.

I changed all of the values to what they should be, but the launcher still crashes on 9.x. The file attached to this post is my edited launcher. Poke around it if you want, but as far as I know it doesn't work. It just hangs and crashes/reboots the system. Something specifically for 9.x has to be missing from the code, and there's seemingly nothing I can pull it from seeing that the GW 3.2.1 launcher if obfuscated to hell and back.

Attachments

• 9.x Edited Launcher.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 131

Lightning ThB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I changed all of the values to what they should be, but the launcher still crashes on 9.x. The file attached to this post is my edited launcher. Poke around it if you want, but as far as I know it doesn't work. It just hangs and crashes/reboots the system. Something specifically for 9.x has to be missing from the code, and there's seemingly nothing I can pull it from seeing that the GW 3.2.1 launcher if obfuscated to hell and back.

I might be mistaken, but it seems you've changed values on the encrypted version. No wonder it doesn't work. Search for the clean version.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey,I got a Japanese 3DS on 9.2.0.20J and downgrad it to 4.4.0.10J.
Then I downloaded the updates with 3DSNUS and deleted 0004001000020000.cia.
I update the system to 9.2.0.20J with SystemUpdater ,but when I tried to use the GW MSET,
black screen rise up and there is message on the bottom screen told me error.
Have I done anything wrong?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey,I got a Japanese 3DS on 9.2.0.20J and downgrad it to 4.4.0.10J.
Then I downloaded the updates with 3DSNUS and deleted 0004001000020000.cia.
I update the system to 9.2.0.20J with SystemUpdater ,but when I tried to use the GW MSET,
black screen rise up and there is message on the bottom screen told me error.
Have I done anything wrong?
it only works on 4.1 to 4.5 right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning