ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think we should wait until after we've already ported all of the original scripts before releasing patches or asking people to Beta test, that way they can beta test the bulk of the patch instead of just little pieces here and there.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Do not use google translate ever. It is a terrible translation software and should never be used for translation projects. Machine translation should never be used anyway, but Google is by far the worst out of all of them.

The best thing to do would have people match the English DS script to the Japanese DS script then import the English to the NLP+ script. If you have to use any translation site, use a site like jisho.org

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
But the only purpose of Qtranslator tool is it's text-to-speech properties, to read aloud the Japanese parts and match where each part of the already translated script actually goes to..

Last edited by Dgrin,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying the tool is bad, but the DS scripts should be matched up before inserting the text back into NLP+. It'll save a lot of work and possible mistakes in the long run.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've not been able to follow this thread due to exams, but could anyone gimme a brief overview with how much have we figured out the game's encryption etc and how much work is to be done? I'd like to help

Makein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not been able to follow this thread due to exams, but could anyone gimme a brief overview with how much have we figured out the game's encryption etc and how much work is to be done? I'd like to help
Well, we have scripts and now can do translation of game
Game see eng text that inserted in scripts
(For other info read topic)

Makein

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little update on what I've been doing. I'm working on Rinko's pre confession right now and I'll try to get the rest of it done by the end of the week, if the scripts are clean enough. Ill patch and test all of it and hopefully we can release a patch by early next week for the pre confession bits.

Reactions: Arubaro

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think we should be releasing patches for every little bit of the game that we import the scripts into. At the very least I think we should wait until we import at least half or even all of the DS translations before releasing a patch outside of the people testing it.

It's very common for one patch from a translation project to get popular and get uploaded everywhere, so we kind of don't want that to happen to an inferior version, if that makes sense?

Keimeow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think we should be releasing patches for every little bit of the game that we import the scripts into. At the very least I think we should wait until we import at least half or even all of the DS translations before releasing a patch outside of the people testing it.

It's very common for one patch from a translation project to get popular and get uploaded everywhere, so we kind of don't want that to happen to an inferior version, if that makes sense?
It does, but that is a very large portion of the game. As long as nobody goes and posts it everywhere, it'll be fine. We need this patch so that we can fix mistakes before they get out of hand. It's a lot easier to fix like 10 files than to fix all of them.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does, but that is a very large portion of the game. As long as nobody goes and posts it everywhere, it'll be fine. We need this patch so that we can fix mistakes before they get out of hand. It's a lot easier to fix like 10 files than to fix all of them.
That's the thing though, patches for games travel fast. There are tons of translation projects that released partial patches or patches with like 80% of the game done that ended up becoming the one people would post on rom sites (like the PSP Idolm@ster games). I think we should keep partial patches private (for testers) until we either finish the whole thing, or at the very least when we finish porting the DS translation to this.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've updated all the tasks, instructions and lists in the first post of this thread, anyone who wishes to participate in this project should read the instructions...

Last edited by Dgrin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.