• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Opinions on the anti-lgbtq legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two things

first: do you think gender categorization is marginalizing
it's a subcategory of a human, male and female
it's actually much more aggressive than cis, because the overwhelming majority are cis, male and female cut half the world out

second: how does it reduce relevance
categorizing people is a necessary part of language, it helps us determine key factors
i'm sure you'd have no issue responding in the negative to the question "are you trans?" so why so mad that the non-trans label is attached to you
why resist identification

Lol. You want to avoid labeling the less than 10% and lable the rest of us. Call the rest of us Cis. 🤦‍♂️ I can make you understand. How about we call trans people trans men and trans women, and call straight people normal. A normal man or normal woman. It's true, in a literal sense How would a trans feel about that? It feels bad but It's not bigoted. It"s the literal definition of normal. The common variant. Common, natural, functional, viable. All better, more accurate words than your forced made up prefix for the 90%. How does that make you feel? After all, you're the minority. You're confused and trying to drag us down the rabbit hole. I am not doing that shit. Just chill out. Be a person fIrst and stop forcing titles and ideas on people.

It's illogical to add a prefix to the 90% . Sub catagories get the label. How about the title sub? Not? Near? Faux? They are just a word to let us know who we're talking about. Lets make up a word! Derp. That's your new title! If you don't like it we'll cry!

See these labels are harmful. Alot of LGBTQ use cis in a derogatory way. Especially for women. Like breeder. The uterian envy is strong. You can build a boob or reshape a banana in to a taco and buy a cup of baby batter but nobody can build a uterus. Cis is just a divisive put down. A catagory, for those who don't require one. Generic and insulting. Women already get issues in society from people who will never see them as equals. Cis is just a way.for that less then 10% to do the same.

Shame on you.

Last edited by mikefor20,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well languages and terms evolve. It always have. I mean gay was a common word for "happy" not to long ago, now days it's a term for a homosexual rather than the word "happy".

"Evolution" usually implies a positive development in adaptability. I consider this "de-evolution".

Just because you don't wanna agree with it, doesn't mean it's wrong. What you describe is the typical "boomer" behavior people talk about. If you don't like the term "boomer" you could also call it "A grumpy old man".

Anything I don't like is wrong to me. That's kind of the foundation of an opinion. I don't care about how old or young someone is until they declare it the source of their own bias. They are categorizing themselves at that point, using it as a justification, and that's what I think is stupid.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"Evolution" usually implies a positive development in adaptability. I consider this "de-evolution".

Anything I don't like is wrong to me. That's kind of the foundation of an opinion. I don't care about how old or young someone is until they declare it the source of their own bias. They are categorizing themselves at that point, using it as a justification, and that's what I think is stupid.
"Evolution" doesn't have to mean something is a positive development. It's an divergence from the original.
If we talk about in nature, yes. Normally they need to evolve to survive.. Languages? No.

Sure, but no need then to call people a lot of names just because they disagree with your opinion.
"Why are you even talking like your opinion matters?"

So why do you say this to people and cry the "big bad mod" removes your point of view.
I think it was violating the sites rules and also as you said, I think it was stupid.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. You want to avoid labeling the less than 10% and lable the rest of us. Call the rest of us Cis. 🤦‍♂️ I can make you understand. How about we call trans people trans men and trans women, and call straight people normal. A normal man or normal woman. It's true, in a literal sense How would a trans feel about that? It feels bad but It's not bigoted. It"s the literal definition of normal. The common variant. Common, natural, functional, viable. All better, more accurate words than your forced made up prefix for the 90%. How does that make you feel? After all, you're the minority. You're confused and trying to drag us down the rabbit hole. I am not doing that shit. Just chill out. Be a person fIrst and stop forcing titles and ideas on people.

It's illogical to add a prefix to the 90% . Sub catagories get the label. How about the title sub? Not? Near? Faux? They are just a word to let us know who we're talking about. Lets make up a word! Derp. That's your new title! If you don't like it we'll cry!

See these labels are harmful. Alot of LGBTQ use cis in a derogatory way. Especially for women. Like breeder. The uterian envy is strong. You can build a boob or reshape a banana in to a taco and buy a cup of baby batter but nobody can build a uterus. Cis is just a divisive put down. A catagory, for those who don't require one. Generic and insulting. Women already get issues in society from people who will never see them as equals. Cis is just a way.for that less then 10% to do the same.

Shame on you.
Lol banana to taco reference is spot on...love it 🤣

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"Evolution" doesn't have to mean something is a positive development. It's an divergence from the original.
If we talk about in nature, yes. Normally they need to evolve to survive.. Languages? No.

In reference to natural selection, people typically associate “surviving” with being a positive thing, unless you are a nihilist. Your opinion about how it applies to language appears to lack thought and support. You assume that the language you feel like using is going to survive? It just looks like hubris to me.

Sure, but no need then to call people a lot of names just because they disagree with your opinion.
"Why are you even talking like your opinion matters?"

If you want to quote the post that you deleted, the previous statement was about ignoring the definition of words. We need to agree that words have meaning before we can make a string of words and expect them to have meaning. It had nothing to do with calling names. It insinuated ignorance, sure.

So why do you say this to people and cry the "big bad mod" removes your point of view.
I think it was violating the sites rules and also as you said, I think it was stupid.

So we agree then? All opinions “matter”, and your opinion matters more.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a clown decided to read silly stories to children would you question why the clown is wearing their outfit around the children?
Clowns are literally for entertaining children. As for trans they came from a night life that is a little darker and a lot more sexual in nature...thats one hell of a stretch to try and compare the 2. And i never said there was anything wrong with being how you feel...you want acceptance fine but quit trying to force everyone else to accept it. And stay the fuck away from others kids. Should be a no brainer.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not, but "white male fragility" is a put a down, and that's on full display from a number of you here.
It’s divisive, but it isn’t always a putdown. It was coined in an attempt to embellish the normalcy of transgenderism. I personally think it undermines the intention of those who want some sort of equality.

You must be feeling protected to openly admit your intention to flame people on this thread, and not really anything else.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In reference to natural selection, people typically associate “surviving” with being a positive thing, unless you are a nihilist. Your opinion about how it applies to language appears to lack thought and support. You assume that the language you feel like using is going to survive? It just looks like hubris to me.

If you want to quote the post that you deleted, the previous statement was about ignoring the definition of words. We need to agree that words have meaning before we can make a string of words and expect them to have any meaning. It had nothing to do with calling names. It insinuated ignorance, sure.

So we agree then? All opinions “matter”, and your opinion matters more.

1) Languages have always evolved. Always have and will. Perfect example here - Hubris also called pride (see an example for languages evolving!) I was taught this in school, weren't your curriculum involved in the history of languages?
I never said nature that evolution meant surviving, but it's the most perfect example of evolution in nature.

For example my maiden tong Swedish is very different from what it was a 1000 years ago thanks to the language evolving and changes. It's just today our languages can change a lot faster thanks to the development of faster ways of communicating.

2) I don't need nor give an example for your delete post. I just showed as face value that you're in fact trying to silent others opinions because they don't agree with yours. Basically bullying. Check it up in a dictionary.

3) My opinion have equal matter as yours. However, it's my job to do the cleaning duty on the site. Please do try to make it harder than it already is.

For more information about the rules, go here - https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

Reactions: SylverReZ

Josh4u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A brief look at this article makes me concerned for laws as a whole. I don't think there should be laws on calling or not calling someone by their gender or preferred pronouns, it's up to the general public to make work of their acceptance.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It’s divisive, but it isn’t always a putdown. It was coined in an attempt to embellish the normalcy of transgenderism. I personally think it undermines the intention of those who want some sort of equality.

You must be feeling protected to openly admit your intention to flame people on this thread, and not really anything else.
Funny enough. Cis comes from Latin meaning "on this side of" and the earliest known sexuality-related use of the prefix were a German book (from 1914!), the page here - https://www.digi-hub.de/viewer/image/BV047570799/36/LOG_0000/

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It’s divisive, but it isn’t always a putdown.
Spoken with the right tone/inflection, "nice shirt" could be a putdown, anything could be technically. By definition it is not, though.

It's always the same offenders dragging down every thread on this topic. I'm not worried about receiving a warning just for stating facts. Some people act as if the use of pronouns will cause the sun to explode.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1) Languages have always evolved. Always have and will. Perfect example here - Hubris also called pride (see an example for languages evolving!) I was taught this in school, weren't your curriculum involved in the history of languages?
I never said nature that evolution meant surviving, but it's the most perfect example of evolution in nature.

Evolution is usually associated with “development” and “natural selection”, and usually caries a positive connotation with it regarding adaptability. Language changes, but not all changes are good, hence my interest in the distinction. Replace hubris with pride, it still carries the general sentiment of what I was trying to communicate. Are you suggesting that pride is good, and therefore a justification??

For example my maiden tong Swedish is very different from what it was a 1000 years ago thanks to the language evolving and changes. It's just today our languages can change a lot faster thanks to the development of faster ways of communicating.

Here you used the words evolving AND changes. Why?

2) I don't need nor give an example for your delete post. I just showed as face value that you're in fact trying to silent others opinions because they don't agree with yours. Basically bullying. Check it up in a dictionary.

You don’t need to do anything. You don’t need to respond to me, you don’t need to explain yourself, you don’t even need to be here. The fact that you do these things communicates a sense of personal obligation on your part. Mods can silence people. I am not a mod and cannot silence anyone. I’m sorry if I appear mean or insensitive, but I did not attend hospitality classes before posting my point of view. I’m also sorry that you don’t seem to agree that the meaning of words are important in a discussion.

3) My opinion have equal matter as yours. However, it's my job to do the cleaning duty on the site. Please do try to make it harder than it already is.

For more information about the rules, go here - https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/

In other words,”My opinions have equal matter as yours, but not in practice.”

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Funny enough. Cis comes from Latin meaning "on this side of" and the earliest known sexuality-related use of the prefix were a German book (from 1914!), the page here - https://www.digi-hub.de/viewer/image/BV047570799/36/LOG_0000/

What part of “on this side of” shouts non-divisive to you, lol?

I mean, they are interesting points, but my position is being supported by the nuances you are bringing up.
Post automatically merged:

Spoken with the right tone/inflection, "nice shirt" could be a putdown, anything could be technically. By definition it is not, though.

It's always the same offenders dragging down every thread on this topic. I'm not worried about receiving a warning just for stating facts. Some people act as if the use of pronouns will cause the sun to explode.
I’m going to call you a fragile white male from now on and you are going to respect that fact. ;)

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not, but "white male fragility" is a put a down, and that's on full display from a number of you here. I say this as a white guy myself, because being associated with these types of tantrums is embarrassing.

i mean i would imagine being related to the whole group at this point is embarressing.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for trans
Cross-dressing/Drag Queens=/=Trans , for someone that keeps going on about "facts" you should know the difference.
they came from a night life that is a little darker and a lot more sexual
They are just people, there is nothing inherently sexual about trans people or cross-dresser/dragqueens. If you see it that way, again that is a you problem, but not factual.

Also, I find this wording funny because you make it seem like trans people are some kind of vampire race that just sprang up out of nowhere.
Clowns are literally for entertaining children
Fine, if someone dressed up as Aerith Gainsborough, Mario, or the Doomslayer then. It's just outfits that are for fun and nothing more than that.

you want acceptance fine but quit trying to force everyone else to accept it.
I'm not even asking that people accept it, just to mind their own business unless there is an actual problem with what is being done. If it suddenly became a pandemic of sorts where kids were being abused in any sense of the word on a large scale, then yeah I would say do something about it and bring it to light more, but as it stands it is just people doing something fun for themselves and kids.

Also, weren't you the one saying something about raising kids the way they want earlier? Yet you have issues with parents taking their kids to something they have deemed safe for their kids and obviously not harming them? Seems you want to make and push rules onto others, but not have the same rules pushed onto yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: