• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Opinions on the anti-lgbtq legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you guys think about the numerous anti lgbtq bills being passed in multiple states? Personally I do NOT like those bills, Its terrible. Its like they dong consider lgbtq members real people. Let me know what you think.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people protesting the rights of the LGBTQ community are no different than the people who protested the civil rights movement in the 1960s.

I understand saying this will trigger some MAGAs here but those snowflakes will need to deal with this inconvenient truth.
its scary how many anti-lgbtq bills are being passed

Reactions: Xzi

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right gets mad as we continue to compare them to Nazis but there's a simple solution to that.

Stop acting like Nazis 🤷‍♂️
luckily my state is safe from those bills, also yeah the right is a bit uhhh... interesting to put it very lightly

Reactions: Xzi

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As a non-US citizen, I'm kind of baffled as to the reasoning. How much people are we talking about?
*quick google-fu*
7.1% of US citizens who just want to live their life the way they want to in what used to be known as "land of the free". How the fuck is that even a problem? I get that the US has its share of bigots, but why cater for them? They're an ungrateful and unethical bunch whose arguments are childish at best.

Truth be told: as a non-US citizen I also don't know about those bills (proposed laws, I suppose? :unsure:) , nor particularly care enough to properly inform myself.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the issue isnt letting them live their life, its the powers behind them demanding other people conform to what they believe , even if its 100% ass backwards and wrong and proven wrong with REAL SCIENCE, and not made up "its on the internet written by 1000 liars, with no meidcal backing what so ever, so its true bs).. this stuff does also not belong is schools PERIOD.. teachers are not doctors and do not have the right to be giving out what in theory is MEDICAL ADVICE to children WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. This should be 100% punishable by law and removal of your job for acting as a medical professional on the matter which these teachers are most certainly are not..they are basically practicing medicine without a license... If a parent is kicked out of a school board meeting by reading lines from a book thats in that school's library, not only is that proving it to be 100% not school and age safe in any way, its proof they are not being honest about this groups motives.. And the fact theres ppl who simply use LGBTQ stuff as cheat code to get to the front of the line of things they dont belong in to begin with.. your sex orientation has nothing to do with getting jobs.. stop touting you are X Y OR Z as way to get in by a very illegal quota system that they refuse to admit is being used by companies b/c certain companies funnel billions into them demanding they conform to these ass backwards systems or else..extortion at its finest.. either you meet the requirements for a job or you dont.. i dont care what you claim you say you are.. stop using that as a " they are a phobic work place and should be boycotted bs b/c they didnt hire a LGBTQ person".. these mouthpieces often get caught being wrong time and time again and their reaction? call you a racist/phobe/ cry to the media when they were the bully and instigator of the issue.. maybe they will get taken seriously if they come out and say they beleive the groups who get these donations for lgbtq stuff are nothing but scams and racists/phobic people looking to enfoce anti-constitutional tactics to silence people and that they do not speak for their views and opinions and havent seen a dollar of those donations that are supposed to help them, and not go to the very clearly extorition leaders at the top of those schemes.... live your life.. and leave everyone else alone.. if someone who doesnt know you calls you a he/ she based on your appearance and are wrong, dont be nasty back to them like they know you and should have known that .. anti-lgbtq laws will keep popping up until those ppl learn the world doesnt revolve around them, and you cant force ppl to like you or accept you b/c you decided to identify as a cyborg human dog toy for that day... and a fluffy cat ball of yarn the next... if you leave them alone, they wont bother you back.. but the minute you start interfering in schools and work places, you started a war and lose any credibility of getting respected..

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt read them all mainly due to being to many and most are not listed on that oviously bias sight that i didnt see anywhere that had the bills instead of a dumbed down twisted portion of it but it Sounds like a bunch of obvious, we shouldnt have to make a law, for this shit.

Drag queens should not be dancing for kindergarten kids....obviously (and if you think different then your the problem not the 95% of people that see it for what it realy is and thats grooming).

Like mentioned above if a book is too vulgar to read in a school meeting, then it shouldnt be on a library shelf in elementary schools...again should be obvious.

Hell you have to be 21 to smoke cigarettes how the fuck can you argue that a child should be able to decide if they need a sex change....again should be obvious.

And misgendering someone...dear god grow up a little if i call you him instead of her or some crap who cares...did it hurt your feelings....omg get a tissue. Until someone can show me a bill that shouldnt be common sense then most of it is just liberal bullshit to deflect your attention away from real issues like inflation or the obvious money laundering going on with both sideds of the government.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the government should stay as far out of everyone's lives as is humanly possible, in all things, as long as what a person is doing does no harm to others.

Even if you disagree with what someone does, you can't legislate morality or force others to believe as you do. That's not what the law is there for in the first place. It's literally only there to make sure that people don't harm each other. Nothing else.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Drag queens should not be dancing for kindergarten kids....obviously (and if you think different then your the problem not the 95% of people that see it for what it realy is and thats grooming).
What you say it in should rely on context, not as a fact. If someone WAS however, acting very inappropriately towards kids then that is a "pedophile", you don't justify people to be a predator just because of their looks, sexuality or other beliefs. This can be seen as offensive or annoying to many.

And misgendering someone...dear god grow up a little if i call you him instead of her or some crap who cares...did it hurt your feelings....omg get a tissue. Until someone can show me a bill that shouldnt be common sense then most of it is just liberal bullshit to deflect your attention away from real issues like inflation or the obvious money laundering going on with both sideds of the government.
If you have an issue with that, then educate yourself. Everywhere you go, you will meet people who are different to you. As long as you treat them with respect, then there should be no problems.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's fucking ridiculous. Satanic panic all over again, the shit's just in a different shape. People are injured and killed over anti-trans hysteria, and all just so right-wing politicians can distract from the fact that they're incapable of proper governance.
I feel like we should put a ban on right-wing politicians and put laws into place to restrict the amount of false information brainwashing over normies heads. Every thread that starts off like this is the reason why humanity is flawed.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I feel like we should put a ban on right-wing politicians and put laws into place to restrict the amount of false information brainwashing over normies heads. Every thread that starts off like this is the reason why humanity is flawed.
A general ban on hate-based politics shouldn't even be controversial. Republicans apologized for using the Southern Strategy in the mid-2000s, and then they just kept on using it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol