ROM Hack Opening .bppt files?

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a copy of Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3 - Taikaizoku to Shippo Dan, which is the Japan-exclusive sequel to Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 2 that we got in US and EU. I decrypted and extracted it's RomFS, and I think I've managed to track down the subfolder where all the text is stored. In RomFS/data/Game/Puppet/, there are a bunch of folders with names of the different stages and different story cutscenes and tutorials. Inside each of those folders are numerous .bppt files, which I believe are the text files. The only issue is, I have no idea how to open them. I searched up the extension name and got nothing. Tried opening with a text editor, just got jumbled text, nothing at all that looked legible. I tried opening them with hex editors, but found nothing useful, except that each file begins with the text "TPPB", which is obviously the name of the file format reversed. I have no idea how to parse these files. If anyone could help or give me any ideas, I would be really glad. Once I manage to be able to view these unorthodox text files, I will be able to begin translating the game. So please, please help me with this problem.

DrZhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you had any luck with it? I have no idea how to help you with that file format, but I'm dying to play that game. The Rocket slime for the DS was one of the games I enjoyed the most for that device.

CakeLancelot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too created an account wondering about this as well. These files seem to be most likely place for the game's text.
While I could provide an example of the file I don't know if it's against the rules or not. (I hope bumping this thread isn't frowned upon either)

Reactions: Codename

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I too created an account wondering about this as well. These files seem to be most likely place for the game's text.
While I could provide an example of the file I don't know if it's against the rules or not. (I hope bumping this thread isn't frowned upon either)
I suppose that sharing a single text file, perhaps hosted on another website (like pastebin?), wouldn't hurt. Maybe ask one of the mods if it's okay?

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He has some videos on narcessistic personality disorder
    It's heart breaking that a person can go through an entire life and never know true peace or happiness
    +2
    Literally robbed of life
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Oh :shit: gotta get ready for my doctors appmnt. Gastro again. :sad: bye guys
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    See ya later
    +1
    Get better soon
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Remember to tell him to use lube this time
    +1
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    Hello!
  • captainbob321 @ captainbob321:
    What's so Funny, @M4x1mumReZ
    ?
    +1
    Welcome new user
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    Just got the notice that school is being released 2 hours early cause of the winter storm
  • trepp0 @ trepp0:
    lets go
    Better than 3 hours late from a lockdown lol
    +1
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    While I know you mean in case of someone confusing schooling establishment from shooting establishment (many of the same letters) I am still going to read that as lockdown (also known as lock in) for a pub
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    where if you were in the club you could be invited to be there as a guest of the landlords after things are supposed to stop being served
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    Have technically done that in a school but it was the sports centre associated with the school more than the school itself
  • FAST6191 @ FAST6191:
    being drunk in school was either because drunk on playing field or could not be arsed with one particular Thursday afternoon so went and had some beers and played some games instead before returning for an ill advised last lesson/period
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Being drunk and high in school was cool
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It was high school
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my power cut out twice
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    my pi running octoprint wiped all my plugins and i cba to fix it
    No pi for you lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: No pi for you lol