ROM Hack Opening .bppt files?

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a copy of Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3 - Taikaizoku to Shippo Dan, which is the Japan-exclusive sequel to Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 2 that we got in US and EU. I decrypted and extracted it's RomFS, and I think I've managed to track down the subfolder where all the text is stored. In RomFS/data/Game/Puppet/, there are a bunch of folders with names of the different stages and different story cutscenes and tutorials. Inside each of those folders are numerous .bppt files, which I believe are the text files. The only issue is, I have no idea how to open them. I searched up the extension name and got nothing. Tried opening with a text editor, just got jumbled text, nothing at all that looked legible. I tried opening them with hex editors, but found nothing useful, except that each file begins with the text "TPPB", which is obviously the name of the file format reversed. I have no idea how to parse these files. If anyone could help or give me any ideas, I would be really glad. Once I manage to be able to view these unorthodox text files, I will be able to begin translating the game. So please, please help me with this problem.

DrZhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you had any luck with it? I have no idea how to help you with that file format, but I'm dying to play that game. The Rocket slime for the DS was one of the games I enjoyed the most for that device.

CakeLancelot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too created an account wondering about this as well. These files seem to be most likely place for the game's text.
While I could provide an example of the file I don't know if it's against the rules or not. (I hope bumping this thread isn't frowned upon either)

Reactions: Codename

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I too created an account wondering about this as well. These files seem to be most likely place for the game's text.
While I could provide an example of the file I don't know if it's against the rules or not. (I hope bumping this thread isn't frowned upon either)
I suppose that sharing a single text file, perhaps hosted on another website (like pastebin?), wouldn't hurt. Maybe ask one of the mods if it's okay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-