Homebrew oot3dhax_installer2: Second-degree *hax for OoT3D

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
LWz316R.jpg
I get this lovely screen \:D/
I got the same screen and crash when I tried to install oothax on a 9.4 o3ds via oothax installer.
Have you tried to install it via svdt using 10.1 payload?

ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the same screen and crash when I tried to install oothax on a 9.4 o3ds via oothax installer.
Have you tried to install it via svdt using 10.1 payload?

I've done (both OoThax installer nad SVDT method) and it crashes.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done (both OoThax installer nad SVDT method) and it crashes.
Mmm... that's weird.

@Sev501 managed to make it work for n3ds 10.2

And I'm in!! Thank you!! I LOVE YOU

EDIT:
Confirmation

Used updated version of this from github
console version N3ds 10.2.0.28U
Did what @DanGuerrero said use 10.1 payload..

*hax 2.5 loaded!!

Rock and roll!

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: Sev501

Sauron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Follow the normal steps but use the payload for the one you want it to work on... Then install it to the cartridge and then put the game in the other ds and load the game then click the save you applied the hack to

Try using this the payloads are for 2.1 not 2.5 so you'll just need to change the payload still

For a European 3DS, Select either N3DS_E_20480_9221.bin OR POST5_E_20480_9221.bin, depending on your 3DS version. New 3DS takes the N3DS file, the older 3DS takes POST5.

For an American 3DS, Select either N3DS_U_21504_usa_9221.bin OR POST5_U_21504_usa_9221.bin, depending on your 3DS version. New 3DS takes the N3DS file, the older 3DS takes POST5. American firmware versions are a step ahead of us, in terms of filenames, hence the discrepancy.

For a Japanese 3DS, Select either N3DS_J_20480_9221.bin OR POST5_J_20480_9221.bin, depending on your 3DS version. New 3DS takes the N3DS file, the older 3DS takes POST5.

• Once you have the file you need, rename it to payload.bin, and put it inside the oot3dhax_installer folder. There should be a couple of save0x.bin.region files there.
  • Place the oot3dhax_installer folder into the 3ds folder on your 3DS' SD card.
  • Get to the Homebrew Launcher with your method of choice
  • Launch OoTHax_Installer
  • Select version 10.1 (As the payload for 10.1 works on 10.2, but only for hax version 2.1)
  • Viola. The cartridge now has 10.2 OoTHax v2.1. Get your friend to put the starter kit from https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ onto his SD card, and it's good to go.
In my old3ds 10.1.0.27-U this method worked fine,Thanks :]

Reactions: Arubaro

ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it's not weird :) since @ker uses the wrong payload :)

I'm not sure if I'm using a wrong payload... I just go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/, scroll to "Otherapp/ropbin payloads", I select NEW 10.1.0-27e and push "Download otherapp". I rename downloaded file to payload.bin and use it with european OoT savegame (renamed to save00.bin). It is not the correct method?

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not sure if I'm using a wrong payload... I just go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/, scroll to "Otherapp/ropbin payloads", I select NEW 10.1.0-27e and push "Download otherapp". I rename downloaded file to payload.bin and use it with european OoT savegame (renamed to save00.bin). It is not the correct method?
Everythings is fine, but the selected firmware ist wrong, since you said you are on 9.4 you also have to choose o3ds 9.4 on that page not NEW 10.1.0-27e :)

Last edited by temper999,
Reactions: ker

ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everythings is fine, but the selected firmware ist wrong, since you said you are on 9.4 you also have to choose o3ds 9.4 on that page not NEW 10.1.0-27e :)

No, i didn't:

I've tried both new updated installer and SVDT method in N3DS 10.2.0-28e and a N3DSXL 10.1.0-27e. All attempts end with a crash, returning to home screen and a console reboot =(

ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think @temper999 was referring to @DanGuerrero's post:

I've tried all methods:
- SVDT (payload downloaded manually from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/)
- Offline installer (payload downloaded manually from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/)
- Online installer

After apply all 3 methods, when I load OoT savegame and I press A game just crashes, returns to home menu and asks for a reboot.

I've a New3DS XL on 10.1.0-27e. I've tried the same with a New3DS on 10.2.0-28e with the same result

robb4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've tried all methods:
- SVDT (payload downloaded manually from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/)
- Offline installer (payload downloaded manually from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/)
- Online installer
If you don't have anything better to do you might want to try different payloads too, including the 2.1 ones.
Also, do they all crash in the same way? Garbled screen then reboot? When I tried different payloads (like 9.0 and 9.2 ones when I'm actually on 9.9), they were crashing after the hax was loaded.

ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have anything better to do you might want to try different payloads too, including the 2.1 ones.
Also, do they all crash in the same way? Garbled screen then reboot? When I tried different payloads (like 9.0 and 9.2 ones when I'm actually on 9.9), they were crashing after the hax was loaded.

Yes, all crash in the same way. I'll try different payloads as you said. Where can I download 2.1 ones? I've assumed http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ hosts just 2.5 ones now...

Edit: I've remembered now that I tried 2.1 payload included in theme installer. It also crashes, but not with garbled screen. Game just freezes and returns to home menu

Last edited by ker,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
N3DS Sysnand 10.1.0-27E
OoT Retail cart

Wiped clean, used latest installer and crashed back to home screen
Wiped clean, used latest installer and then wrote payload.bin and save00.bin manually from the offline themehax installer for 10.1 (using hax2.1 payloads back with save data manager (you can use stdv to)
Boots fine into ctrbootmanager (and hbl) using *Hax 2.1

DSC05751.jpg
DSC05752.jpg

Again wrote payload.bin and save00.bin manually downloaded from smea's page using 10.1 otherapp download (*hax 2.5 payload), renamed it to payload.bin and wrote it back to cart with save data manager (you can use stdv to)
I get:

DSC05753.jpg
DSC05754.jpg

So getting *hax2.1 to work on OoT isn't a problem on N3DS with sysnand 10.1, getting *hax 2.5 to work is a pain in the *** or not working at all

Last edited by DjoeN,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
N3DS Sysnand 10.1.0-27E
OoT Retail cart

Wiped clean, used latest installer and crashed back to home screen
Wiped clean, used latest installer and then wrote payload.bin and save00.bin manually from the offline themehax installer for 10.1 (using hax2.1 payloads back with save data manager (you can use stdv to)
Boots fine into ctrbootmanager (and hbl) using *Hax 2.1

DSC05751.jpg
DSC05752.jpg

Again wrote payload.bin and save00.bin manually downloaded from smea's page using 10.1 otherapp download (*hax 2.5 payload), renamed it to payload.bin and wrote it back to cart with save data manager (you can use stdv to)
I get:

DSC05753.jpg
DSC05754.jpg

So getting *hax2.1 to work on OoT isn't a problem on N3DS with sysnand 10.1, getting *hax 2.5 to work is a pain in the *** or not working at all

Then, we are almost sure that there is something wrong with the 2.5 payloads of 10.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month