Hacking On flashing a DS Lite

B0iNK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I figured it out - I was getting a white screens too with my Superpass 2 and Supercard on the DSLite US. My intention was to Flashme my US DSLite . I decided to reprogram my SuperPass and it tried it again and this time it worked. All along I never programed my Superpass 2 for my older fatter DS and it always worked. Hope this helps.. Cheers

lookout321

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well, came home with my new DS Lite 15 minutes ago, and it took me about 5 minutes to flashme v7 it.

It was simple using the previously discussed toothpick/aluminum foil/electrical tape protection.

Piece of cake!!

I love these forums!

mark_in_2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, came home with my new DS Lite 15 minutes ago, and it took me about 5 minutes to flashme v7 it.

It was simple using the previously discussed toothpick/aluminum foil/electrical tape protection.

Piece of cake!!

I love these forums!
Just picked my Lite up, re-read this guide, made myself a toothpick tool and flashed away. No probs here!! Thanks to the OP
biggrin.gif
yaynds.gif

lookout321

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well, thanks to another forum, I was directed to a file on rapidshare which turned out to be the proper firmware...All is good now!!! Thanks alot

monkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just did mine yesterday, what you want is a small jeweller's screwdriver, flathead, about 1/8" (2-3mm) tip. Using a small screwdriver is better than a toothpick because it's more exact -- less likely to twist or anything while you've got it in the hole (hehe) and accidentally make contact with something it shouldn't.

Then wrap it in a single layer of tin foil, leaving maybe 1/8" of it hanging past the end of the tip. After it's wrapped, push it down point-first on the table to flatten out the 1/8" you left hanging over to make a flat-ish tip. The only reason you even need the tin foil is to give it some "deformability" to more easily maintain contact with both SL1 contacts, the hard screwdriver tip itself is too hard to keep in contact with both, especially when you've got the DS lite turned around to look at the screen.

I didn't even wrap mine since I didn't have any tape handy, but it's probably not a bad idea. There's really nothing that close to SL1 on the motherboard, especially considering the plastic surround it in the case.

As long as your tip isn't any wider than the round SL1 contact itself you have nothing to worry about. I suspect that people having shorting problems were pushing a ton of tin foil in there, or maybe the tip of their tool wasn't neatly done (bits hanging off etc. that strayed and touched other contacts)?

Still, better safe than sorry I guess.

And I did lose contact at 52% and had to wiggle it a few times to get contact back, but otherwise went perfectly. Thanks for the guide.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My third Lite has finally arrived - stay tuned for a much more in-depth guide as I add step-by-step pictures to the front page on how to flash a Lite.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a link for the flashme that works properly for the DS Lite, but also doesn't take away the safety screen? The "stealth" version that doesn't show that you have your system flashed?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
MAJOR UPDATE DONE! My first post has just been re-written into an in-depth guide complete with more than a dozen pictures! Enjoy, and thank you everyone for your kind words
smile.gif

Links for FlashMe 'n stuff are to be added later on - my eyes are too tired at the moment.

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey hey... just geeting my ds lite.. and currently waiting for m3 perfect sd and passkey2.. '_'.. after reading through this thread i assume it will works.. =D.. correct me if im wrong..

cant wait from those things to arrive then i can try this guide.. ^^
thanks a lot ~

Net

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've been a lurker here recently but I think I'll start posting here more often after this.

I just got my DS Lite and want to flash it as soon as I get my EZ4 Lite (Micro SD) with the mail, but I need a "2" passme device, right? Win Sun X doesn't have a Passkey 2, sadly, but they do have the EZPASS 2 key. Does anyone think there should be a problem with this or anything I should know? I have a Passkey 1 and an M3 CF, so I know how to work that, but would there be anything extra I'd have to do as far as updating the EZPass?

Thanks!

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ ConraDargo: GREAT F'ING docs man! I just flashed my DS Lite using the toothpick method (funny as hell), a Max Media Launcher cart (as PassMe) & a SuperCard SD! It worked FLAWLESSLY! Peeps, follow this man's lead. Great job!!!
grog.gif
bow.gif
grog.gif

I also agree that this needs to be a sticky!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay