Hacking On flashing a DS Lite

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have flashed nearly 50 Lite with the file uploaded here, so I can assure you that it is just as good as GBAtemp's
tongue.gif

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gbatemp flashme file is the correct one for DS lite. I just flashed my black DS lite successfully with that file. The hardest part for me too was making the toothpick + tinfoil tool small enough.

the easiest way is the paperclip...
straigten it out... then bend it so the ends line up.. and tape it together with some electrical tape... works perfectly
happy.gif

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
I've already posted on this elsewhere, but nobody seemed interested.

I know how to substitute one (or even all of them just to be sure) of the original firmwares in current (v7) noflashme.nds with an original DS Lite firmware. 2 problems though:

- I need an original DS Lite firmware, of course (please, nobody think this is a "nice try" to get a firmware for emulators, I don't need one for that, I can prove it). I can't understand why nobody has dumped this yet (or at least this is the "official" scenario). We got fwdumper by Dark Fader and DSLinux. Both can dump a DS Lite firmware. fwdumper is limited to dump to CF cards, but DS Linux can also dump to SD (to CF for sure). Important: dumping the firmware will not harm in any way the DS Lite. It is simply a process of copying it to the storage media. Of course you'll need a CF/SD based GBA flashkit and a PassMe2 card.

- As I said I know how to substitute the firmware in noflasme.nds, but of course I can not guarantee this is gonna work. Imho, I don't see why not, but this would be an experiment and there would be risks (as the first time flashme developers tried its hack, I imagine). So after modifiying noflashme.nds I would need someone to try it. Ideally someone with nothing to lose.

I know all this may sound crazy but otherwise we will never know. I think the potential benefits worth the risk.

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a superkey and G6 lite.
I run flashme v7 and it gets to the progress bar.
But no matter what i do it dosen't seem to go up.
Any help?
Or am i missing something.

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
Changed my tool and it worked.
Tried a screw and it didn't work.
In the end just used a toothpick covered in foil with tape around the ends.
Worked like a charm.
Thanks for the guide no more superkey for me.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No problem! Using a small nail worked ok for me with the regular DS (had to apply some force though in order to succeed because the head wasn't even enough), but the Lite is slightly trickier to flash so I simply switched tools - which makes all the difference (plus I wouldn't recommend using something that isn't isolated; I was inexperienced at that time).

Merry Christmas
smile.gif

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
Merry Christmas to you too.
The only thing which i didn't get was why using a nail wasn't working, o well.

Just need to sell my superkey now
biggrin.gif

-kreep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Flashed a handfull of DS's and Lites before, no problem at all...

...but the other day i got cocky and forgot to insulate the "tool" and BANG!!...

...2 Black screens!! 1 broken DSL!

The green light came on but nothin else. Took it back to the games store and played dumb, they gave me a new one!! Ta-DAH!! Happy Days!!

dave3533

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a Swiss Army Knife's tweezers inserted diagonally (picture "\") and it fits tightly enough that i did not worry about it hitting anything else inside the DS Lite. Worked perfectly, flashme success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...