OMG! Microsoft Comfirms going with Blu Ray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wut about Tera-Disc that is coming out in a few years, as it has 1TB and uses a standard red laser(like normal DVD players)

juicy_mokro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1 TERABYTE
blink.gif
blink.gif

WATHEFUCK DO YOU NEED WITH THAT MUCH SPACE

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol. Maybe Wii might have a Internal/External DVD Drive. I mean really. I want a external dvd drive for the Wii. Only capability's the Wii has is the Wii sensor+some what awesome games.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
SavageWaffle said:
Lol. Maybe Wii might have a Internal/External DVD Drive. I mean really. I want a external dvd drive for the Wii. Only capability's the Wii has is the Wii sensor+some what awesome games.

You don't need one. You only need DVD playing software to play DVDs on the Wii.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And the day after it comes out, Sony will lower the price of the PS3 $50 and update the Blu-Ray standard so the 360 player can't use all of the features.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said they'd do this months ago if HD-DVD lost the war. Yeah, Sony gets some money from the Blu-Ray, but they're just part of the board that controls blu-ray, not the lone investor/manufacturer/etc. I wouldn't think the next Xbox will be BluRay though; but then again, I think Bill still owns a good portion of SOA

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
offtopic84 said:
And the day after it comes out, Sony will lower the price of the PS3 $50 and update the Blu-Ray standard so the 360 player can't use all of the features.
That's just daft, if they did they'd be outdating all the Blu-Ray players currently on the market as well. Remember Sony doesn't only make consoles so Microsoft is not the only company they'll be dealing with.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
offtopic84 said:
And the day after it comes out, Sony will lower the price of the PS3 $50 and update the Blu-Ray standard so the 360 player can't use all of the features.That's just daft, if they did they'd be outdating all the Blu-Ray players currently on the market as well. Remember Sony doesn't only make consoles so Microsoft is not the only company they'll be dealing with.

Actually, Sony does that pretty often so that only the PS3 can use new stuff.

With the exception of the PlayStation 3, Profile 1.0 players cannot be upgraded to be Bonus View compliant.[55] On December 17, 2007, the PlayStation 3 became Bonus View 1.1 compliant through PlayStation 3 System Software version 2.10.[56]

When software authored with interactive features dependent on Bonus View hardware capabilities are played on profile 1.0 players, some features may not be available or may offer limited capability. Profile 1.0 players will still be able to play the main feature of the disc, however.[57]

The first BD Live titles (War and Saw IV) were released by Lionsgate in January 2008, despite the fact that no players existed to play the web-enhanced content.[58] The PlayStation 3 will become Blu-ray Profile 2.0 compliant as early as May or June, taking full advantage of the PlayStation 3 Ethernet and WiFi connectivity and hard drive storage space.[59]

Over time, titles are likely to be re-released with advanced profile 1.1/2.0 features and updates such as PiP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC or VC-1 efficient codecs over MPEG 2, HD bonus content as opposed to 480i/480p, advanced gaming options, cleaner HD transfers, web-enhanced content and advanced menu systems. The first title to be re-released will be the 20th Century Fox film Alien vs. Predator due for release alongside sequel Alien vs. Predator: Requiem.[60]

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
offtopic84 said:
Psyfira said:
offtopic84 said:
That's just daft, if they did they'd be outdating all the Blu-Ray players currently on the market as well. Remember Sony doesn't only make consoles so Microsoft is not the only company they'll be dealing with.

Actually, Sony does that pretty often so that only the PS3 can use new stuff.

Actually, that is incorrect. A common mis-assumption for many people. Sony helps make the updates, they don't do it to make their other players useless either, that would be stupid. Did you forget Sony makes more than just the PS3 as a (partial) BD Player?

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's really adopter syndrome; buy in early and you'll be kinda screwed. Same thing happened with old DVD players when the dual layer discs came out. I remember having to buy a new DVD player because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o