Hacking OMFG $##"% 2.1b2/3.1 launchers

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should mail it to gateway if redownloading the launchers and gwinstaller.nds dont work. It is a beta firmware, with means that it still in its testing phase, so it is possible (it is also possible with a full release, but less possible)

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should mail it to gateway if redownloading the launchers and gwinstaller.nds dont work. It is a beta firmware, with means that it still in its testing phase, so it is possible (it is also possible with a full release, but less possible)

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem here, Gateway and 3dsLink latest launcher.dat... The automatic game save transfer method (home - close) has serious issues with GW 2.0b2 and 3DSLink 3.1.. after testing some games (batman and castlevania) almost every time my gamesaves got corrupted... annoying tbh. However, by just pressing the power button while playing , and waiting 10-15 seconds to confirm powering off, apparently it saves fine. I'm testing again right now, hope my gamesaves stay intact... :unsure:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
really does sound like its some sort of corruption on your SD card, i belive just pwering off keeps the save on the cards flash chip so if its saving fine like that your save will load from there until you try a different game

D

Deleted User

Same problem here, Gateway and 3dsLink latest launcher.dat... The automatic game save transfer method (home - close) has serious issues with GW 2.0b2 and 3DSLink 3.1.. after testing some games (batman and castlevania) almost every time my gamesaves got corrupted... annoying tbh. However, by just pressing the power button while playing , and waiting 10-15 seconds to confirm powering off, apparently it saves fine. I'm testing again right now, hope my gamesaves stay intact... :unsure:

You are using both 3DSLink and Gateway too?

Skyrider do you use a 3DSLink/R4i Gold Deluxe 3DS too?

Seems like most of you guys having issues are using both cards.. maybe a pattern here?

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The pattern here that all cards is a clone of Gateway.. if one has the issue (gateway), so does the others. :P.

D

Deleted User

Well as I said before I'm using only Gateway (no clones) and I don't have corrupted savegames. While the people with corrupted saves all are using 3DSLink... Maybe they made a mistake in cloning the firmware?

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I have both cards. By opening the corrupted gamesave on any hex editor it looks like this ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ from the very beginning.. guess I'm going to save by powering off the console, it seems like it's working fine, I hope...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i'm just using gateway and had no issues at all, no saving crashes start up crashes or anything, maybe 3dslink did ball things up when editing the FW and didnt test it properly before releasing

Reactions: zerofalcon

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yes I have both cards. By opening the corrupted gamesave on any hex editor it looks like this ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ from the very beginning.. guess I'm going to save by powering off the console, it seems like it's working fine, I hope...

pretty sure the method you are using is just keeping the save on the spi flash, so if you play a different game it will be deleted, if you have access to a gateway card just format your 3DS's SD card and setup emunand again and just stick to the gateway card until the clones sort out their issues

ryanmg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My gateway has worked fine. I don't know why you need to interchange cards. Just a theory but could gateway have put ap in the firmware to corrupt saves used with other cards? Probably stupid but though I would throw it out there.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
My gateway has worked fine. I don't know why you need to interchange cards. Just a theory but could gateway have put ap in the firmware to corrupt saves used with other cards? Probably stupid but though I would throw it out there.

i was thinking along the same lines tbh no doubt gateway has changed how they are dealing with saves and seeing as this was the last release before 2.0 final it was no doubt a last kick in the teeth for the clones, im sure they will probably figure it out eventually but for now if you do have both cards either go back to the old GW and clone release or stick to just the gateway card

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

i downgraded to 3.0 and havent gotten save corruption anymore. ive been saving and exiting games like crazy this past hour.

But, i got the save corruption on my brother´s gateway too though..

XpertXP1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having similar issues using an R4 card. I noticed it happens after I use the eShop. Not sure if its a coincidence or not. I will reformat my SD card today and move my data back onto it and see if that makes a difference.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are people forgetting that the "b" in the version number stands for "beta," and that "beta" means "not 100% stable," which means that problem-free operation is not 100% guaranteed? In other words, expect problems when using firmware that is unstable (i.e. any "beta" firmware). Back up anything and everything, and prepare for the worst. Either do that, or wait for a stable release and use that. Even with stable releases, I still back my shit up periodically, just in case. Food for thought.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's weird. Can you tell me exactly what you did? I'd like to test it myself to see if I get the same

Played a bit, saved whenever possible inside the game.. Pressed Home -> X -> A, waited about.. 15 / 30? seconds until it went back to the 3DS menu and then I just shut down the 3DS.. After I restart the 3DS go to gateway mode to launch the game, it says the save file is corrupted. Same corruption message on Mario Bros 2 and Dream Team.

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue with my 3DSlink but I think i fixed it.

it seems to be an SD card problem, I have a few brands (SanDisk, Adata, kingston) at various speeds.

Not all my cards have this issue. My faster one (SanDisk) works great each time so I am assuming it is writing my saves fast enough. (maybe size +speed does matter for each save?)
I had a similar problem with an old Canon camera I own that was not fast enough to keep up and it would crash and corrupt my files.

I am going to test more cards I have and report.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to use the panasonic SD format tool when you format. That thing seems to be the standard on every forum i've come across that deals with SD/MicroSD cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)