Staring at new game.

I don't feel like it.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's incredible that from all of a sudden, a lot of saving data corruption reports are emerging and all of them are related to the clones o.O I thought they were doing their work well at copying Gateway's launcher file.

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's incredible that from all of a sudden, a lot of saving data corruption reports are emerging and all of them are related to the clones o.O I thought they were doing their work well at copying Gateway's launcher file.

Your reading comprehension really sucks... :yay:

on my time of having 3ds flashcarts i have NEVER EVER gotten savedata corrupted.
Since updating to 2.1b2 on my gateway and 3.1 on my 3dslink
Gateway, using B2.
Same problem here, Gateway and 3dsLink latest launcher.dat...

3 users using the gateway card FFS. Feel free to click on those up arrows to re-read any one of those posts...

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Skyrider was the only one of the three using Gateway exclusively, not in conjunction with another card. And he figured out that it was due to having no space left on his microSD.

That's not conclusive by itself and especially considering he said it worked for '1' game and hasn't reported back since.

Anyways I'm not trying to convince you I'm just calling out bullshit. It seems pretty clear to me that if all cards have the same symptoms the problems lies in the beta firmware. If 2.0 doesn't get released tomorrow it'll be interesting to see other GW users report their findings as they upgrade to B2.

It's also worth mentioning there's at least one other GW user in the Maxconsole forum reporting the same thing...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's not conclusive by itself and especially considering he said it worked for '1' game and hasn't reported back since.

Anyways I'm not trying to convince you I'm just calling out bullshit. It seems pretty clear to me that if all cards have the same symptoms the problems lies in the beta firmware. If 2.0 doesn't get released tomorrow it'll be interesting to see other GW users report their findings as they upgrade to B2.

It's also worth mentioning there's at least one other GW user in the Maxconsole forum reporting the same thing...
Anything is possible with beta releases, I suppose. Which is why it kinda sucks that we only have one team doing original work at the moment.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skyrider was the only one of the three using Gateway exclusively, not in conjunction with another card. And he figured out that it was due to having no space left on his microSD.

Most commonly this seems to be a problem with 3DSLink.

I never mentioned that my issue was with my MicroSD, I mentioned that the issue was with SD Card at the side of the 3DS. (The big card). My SD card is only 2GB at size, and after using the format option within the Gateway GUI I only got 848MB free space left, while the rest of the space is was a hidden partition that the gateway has set.

So.. 848MB - LAUNCHER.dat (1.8MB) - NAND.BIN (864MB) - Save Game 1x (512KB) = -18.31MB <- negative

As you can see, I'm going towards the negative amount. No more space to save the games on the card, thus it corrupts. This also means I can no longer update Launcher.dat or re-do the backup unless I format / remove the files and re-add them seeing there is no space left.

I removed NAND.BIN to free up some space, and I don't need the file as of yet seeing I never really upgraded EmuNAND. But I have the feeling (while not tested yet), I won't have any save issues again. At least, not with the games I am playing.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One does not simply use EmuNAND with the default 2GB SD card.

So.. 848MB - LAUNCHER.dat (1.8MB) - NAND.BIN (864MB) - Save Game 1x (512KB) = -18.31MB <- negative

That file is not supposed to be stored on your SD, you have to store it on your PC or a disk where you know it would be safe.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One does not simply use EmuNAND with the default 2GB SD card.

That file is not supposed to be stored on your SD, you have to store it on your PC or a disk where you know it would be safe.

Live and learn I'd say :). I'll get a larger sized SD Card, of which I assume 4GB should be enough. If my calculations are correct, I should have more than 2.5GB free space left (minus NAND.BIN).

EDIT:
Didn't see your second message there. Isn't NAND being used to read the EmuNAND? EG, the file that it loads to run the emulation of the 3DS including the ability to upgrade to the latest firmware? I assume if I remove this file, GW3D firmware is no longer possible.

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
<quote>
Isn't NAND being used to read the EmuNAND? EG, the file that it loads to run the emulation of the 3DS including the ability to upgrade to the latest firmware? I
</quote>
Nope, it's only used to setup the emunand parition the first time.
After that, you can copy it to you pc, and delete it from the sdcard.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Live and learn I'd say :). I'll get a larger sized SD Card, of which I assume 4GB should be enough. If my calculations are correct, I should have more than 2.5GB free space left (minus NAND.BIN).

EDIT:
Didn't see your second message there. Isn't NAND being used to read the EmuNAND? EG, the file that it loads to run the emulation of the 3DS including the ability to upgrade to the latest firmware? I assume if I remove this file, GW3D firmware is no longer possible.

nope, the nand.bin is just the nand backup (which you really should keep safe, for example by burning it to a cd (should be quite compressible, mine is 200 MB-ish) or dvd and/or uploading it to dropbox/googledrive/whatever floats your boat).

the emunand is completely contained in the unallocated space in front of the fat partition.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nope, the nand.bin is just the nand backup (which you really should keep safe, for example by burning it to a cd (should be quite compressible, mine is 200 MB-ish) or dvd and/or uploading it to dropbox/googledrive/whatever floats your boat).

the emunand is completely contained in the unallocated space in front of the fat partition.

Now that's something I was unaware of. Thank you.

I merely though it was using it for the EmuNAND since I removed it the last time on my SD Card (after creating a backup) it re-created the file without me using the backup function in the Gateway GUI.

Is 1GB enough though for the unallocated space to upgrade to the latest firmware?

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i had one incident with b1, but since i upgraded to b2, everything went smooth. but everytime i "home" out of a game, i go back to the titlescreen and give the game 3 seconds to catch up. overly cautious? perhaps, but it works for me and losing a 30+ hours monster hunter 4 save would be devestating

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And where can I download it? The R4i site deleted it from download section :wacko:
And how about the EmuNAND? I have the 7.1 version. Firm 3.0 is only compatible with 7.0, right?

PM me your email. ill send 3.0 launcher over to u.

Yea, u would have to have 2 different setups to workaround right now. one for emunand, another solely for runnin roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small