Hacking Attempted Downgrade of N3DS Failed Now Can't Get Back Into Homebrew Menu

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, the browser is the last thing to downgrade. Your browser has the dummy from 9.9, but the firmware is 9.2.

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I set my datetime thing to jan 1st and 00:00 and I still get the "In order to use the Internet browser, a system update is required. To perform a system update, select System Update from Other Settings in System Settings." I'm assuming that 9.9.0 update from game cart was the only update that contained the dummy browser while no other updates touched it? If so, I guess I have the dummy browser from 9.9.0 and the 10.3 update didn't contain the real one either.

Then your ds is fine , all you need to do is quickly go into browsersettings and select initialize saved data before thT message pops up

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, if it's a n3ds the dns block works..... It would still fail either way though. The browser is on firmware 9.9, meaning it will download a 9.9 payload, but the 3ds is 9.2, so it will crash. Browserhax is not an option.

Juugetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wait, if it's a n3ds the dns block works..... It would still fail either way though. The browser is on firmware 9.9, meaning it will download a 9.9 payload, but the 3ds is 9.2, so it will crash. Browserhax is not an option.

I did the same exact thing this morning and it worked

Th3Zephyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem. Using SafeSystemUpdater failed halfway through. I have a 9.9 n3ds from Europe. I can access system settings and browser but browserhax doesn't load :/ Can I update to 10.3 and save it?

Last edited by Th3Zephyr,

Juugetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same problem. Using SafeSystemUpdater failed halfway through. I have a 9.9 n3ds from Europe. I can access system settings and browser but browserhax doesn't load :/ Can I update to 10.3 and save it?

what happens when you try to load it?

KoolKidsKlub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, the dummy browser isn't a browser. It's just a dummy that tells you that you have to update through system settings to get it. There is no webkit or whatever browser code. It's not an actual browser. Also, my 3DS is now on 10.3 via FE:F. Browser still does same thing. I'm pretty sure it was just the 9.9 game cart update that had the dummy browser and every other update on a game cart didn't even touch the browser part of the 3DS. Then again, another guy said he was able to fix his browser in his semibrick/frankenfirm 3ds by updating directly to 10.3 via FE:F so idk lol

KoolKidsKlub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little Update: I was actually able to go up to my local gamestop and get a used copy of oot3d. Only bad part: the screen bugs out like it's supposed to then gets stuck on "The homemenu ropbin is ready" and doesn't go any further. Any thoughts? I'm officially out of ideas ;_;
All I need to do is put the homebrew starter.zip's contents on my n3ds's SD card and inject the oot3d cartridge with the latest save game hax, right?

EDIT: oh huh, that's really weird. I tried using an older version of the oot3d hax and it worked.

Now, question. The sysupdater release says that the 3dsx version requires extra permissions and that cia version installation is preferable. What do? How would one go about installing the cia version?

Last edited by KoolKidsKlub,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.