piracy-haven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey fellow gamers,

I recently encountered a puzzling issue with my beloved Nintendo Old 3DS and I'm hoping someone here might have some insight or advice.

So, here's the deal: I've been using my Old 3DS for quite some time now, enjoying the classic games. Recently, I decided to enhance my gaming experience by installing Pretendo Network, a popular tool for connecting to custom servers for various Nintendo games.

Installation seemed smooth, and I was excited to dive into some online matches. However, after installing Pretendo Network, I noticed that I couldn't launch the Nintendo Network ID settings on my Old 3DS. Every time I try to access it, the system freezes and crashes.

I've tried a few troubleshooting steps like restarting the system, re-installing the Pretendo Network, and even checking for system updates, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem after installing Pretendo Network or any other homebrew applications on their Old 3DS? If so, how did you manage to fix it?

I'm really hoping to get this sorted out soon so I can get back to enjoying some online gaming sessions. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

says: top screen: translation, - section data abort and processor arm11(core 0)

PS: i found this out as i was attempting to use rverse

Attachments

• PXL_20240210_143902901 (1).mp4
    42.3 MB
Last edited by piracy-haven,

piracy-haven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best bet is to Google uninstall reverse then attempt to reinstall pretendo.

That happened to me and was frustrating but the Uninstalling reverse worked a charm.
Thankyou for the reply, not it shows an error message when hit "finish" at the end of nnid settings.
I'm new to this "homebrew scene" and I've done what I can. any ideas?
Post automatically merged:

Re-install the latest system firmware by updating via the System Settings.
tried that already, thanks though

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you signed up using the prentdo website first?

Have you swapped networks on it first. Like on the prentendo app on the 3ds makw sure that's set to the pretendo servers first

Last edited by Toady231,
Reactions: piracy-haven

piracy-haven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you signed up using the prentdo website first?

Have you swapped networks on it first. Like on the prentendo app on the 3ds makw sure that's set to the pretendo servers first
Yep i have tried that, still no luck :(

piracy-haven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What sort of error are you getting?
its back to the errdisp generic proc id: 44 name act proc title id (the system settings tag) it fully crashes the system

Attachments

• 17079196724402837203100739993499.jpg
    17079196724402837203100739993499.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

piracy-haven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
does not boot into config sadly just turns off again.

getting new luma 3ds boot firm and 3dsx files has got it booting, just restoring home menu via finalising setup on 3ds guide

Its bricked proper :(

Last edited by piracy-haven,

piracy-haven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as you asked, i have removed home save data and it has completely bricked the device. even sd formatting doesnt work or resetting the console has not worked

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as you asked, i have removed home save data and it has completely bricked the device. even sd formatting doesnt work or resetting the console has not worked
Did you keep the files before formatting the SD card and replace the Luma boot.firm. because deleting the home extra data wouldn't brick a console.

Hungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I had the same problem, the solution to the original problem was actually to disable the plugin loader before opening the settings (L Select Down).
This is because Hokaku CTR doosn't play well with the settings app for some reason when opening NNID settings.
It is very unfortunate you bricked your console, I wish you luck in restoring it!

Reactions: anotherthing

piracy-haven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had the same problem, the solution to the original problem was actually to disable the plugin loader before opening the settings (L Select Down).
This is because Hokaku CTR doosn't play well with the settings app for some reason when opening NNID settings.
It is very unfortunate you bricked your console, I wish you luck in restoring it!
Ah thankyou , got it restored thankyou for that it works now 👍

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto