Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kwl bro understandable. It's nice to see everyone's work and come to some good compromise. Also if this is an issue that goes to personal preference then could we just add different views/grids to loadiine over time. Making many choices
A theme system is probably likely someday, but we need a start. In any case, personal preferences usually takes the foreground when doing something with graphics that isn't for work or something. Of course, for something like this you have to keep others in mind too since it's still going into a software many will use. ~ At least in this guy's (me) case.

If I fully made a GUI for myself it wouldn't look anything like that. It'd just be a simple up/down tile slider on the right, game details on left, sorting options, and a small setting popup. Dont really need anything else.

Reactions: jammybudga777

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, the mockup is looking good. It is simple and does not require many images as the most things are on the SD card in the meta folder. It would be easy to create those layouts and can be a quick solution. The icons look a bit like the ones I used on WiiXplorer :P.

Though I am a bit confused why you guys all think of the button descriptions on the bottom as a favorite design. A global setting and a per game setting can configure the default and per game launching methods so there is only a "launch" needed and not many "launch with ...". I wasnt really thinking of using "quick press buttons" on the bottom as the main control (only backup control for quick progress through the menu). I though we would use the touch pad more often and "tap" on actual buttons on screen and the game icons to do some actions (or double tap to quick launch...whatever). I though there would be real buttons that grow on normal tap/hold event and so on instead of just the information that you can press some button to do some action on the bottom of the screen. The information on the bottom of the screen was just the way we used in the "console text view" until now because there was no better solution with actual touch/button/trigger events or similar. I guess it was just a personal favorite. (Sorry if you guys already talked about something like that in some previous posts and I missed it.)

Well as I said before, another gfx artist is already working on one solution too. he talked about some 3D effects in it. For me it would be quite some work to implement all design concepts that are proposed. It can all be implemented eventually one after another in the future but not all at once. I dont have that much free time to do that. I would also prefer not to have multiple concepts in a signle application (themes are OK, but there should be only one concept). We should make some vote as for which concept to choose as the main concept :P.

But since your design is really very simple to implement (because it has not many animation except sliding from what I see and like no 3D effects) and the other design is not ready yet, I could add it as a first demonstration for simple 2D rendering in GX2. Then other developers have the option to already start working on some other GUIs or some completely different homebrews with GX2, like a game maybe. (Though I will not be able to get to it until at least next weekend.) Not sure if any devs want that though. If not I will save me the work of doing that and wait for the final design that everyone votes for as the first implementation.
Yeah, I was trying for something relatively simple that took advantage of things in the meta folder. Covers can still be downloaded and used on the confirmation screen, but it really doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the main loader if they aren't downloaded or kept up to date. I took the buttons icons from Nintendo's Game Pad image lol.

Like EclipseSin, I like the buttons being there just as some kind of "idiot-proof" way of telling how it operates. I tried to keep it to an absolute minimum in one row on the bottom though. But tbh, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out without them on screen... absolute worst case scenario, you launch the game and have to exit out. Then you know what that button does lol.

However, with no key on the main screen, I would then really like having the Global Settings look something like the following; you could set up the buttons by changing what's in <brackets> and then just know how to use it yourself:
Select Game: Double-tap game or press <A>
Quick Start Game: Hold on game or press <Start>
Switch View Mode: <X>
Swap TV/Game Pad: <Y>
Reload SD Card: Tap on SD card text or press <B>
Global Settings or Game Settings: Select (unchangeable)

Default Boot Mode: <Mii Maker/Super Smash Bros/etc>​

A single-tap of the cover when in the confirmation screen could launch the game. Also, the Right and Down directions and Left and Up directions would have to be mapped together, so that you can use cover flow and list view at the same time.

I'm definitely interested to see what kind of fancy 3D stuff you guys can come up with. I just enjoy doing some 2D graphics stuff and figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. I'm fine with people voting on different designs as well and you implementing whichever people like the best. I think gamesquest1, EclipseSin and I are the only ones to put up a mock loader so far. No hurt feelings here if the majority likes either of theirs best.

Version 4:

Yoshi's Woolly World:
Grid View:
pVEtjbw.png

List View:
oT38XUI.png

Confirmation Screen:
Loz4sIS.png

TV View:
BYAbWzh.png

Hyrule Warriors
Grid View:
dSEC9NO.png

List View:
YfkCmMs.png

Confirmation Screen:
MzRj6Ge.png

TV View:
oZiEYHJ.png

Last edited by fiveighteen, , Reason: Added Confirmation Screens

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...
Here is my concept
based on 518's
but with some improvements I would say

Hyrule Warriors:
TV View:

cagGdz1.jpg

List View:
gPW3vSB.jpg

Yoshi Wooly World:
TV View:

Zbh68O9.jpg

List View:

EgStNli.jpg

Note: the bottom orange floor is suppose to have a reflection of the game covers, its just a quick one I made so the texture is not final.
As I said it basically is 518's but with a few arrangements.
I also added the time and date on the list view on the right top corner.

Last edited by Don Jon,

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
first off good work everyone, there are some great design on here already... however a few weeks a @dimok ask for some background pictures and some button icons... now this has turned into a design contest.. I mean I'm all good with that, the more the merrier but who is making the final call ultimately here... is it you dimok? it seems like everyone here has different taste buds here, and judging design is fairly subjective to an extent.. Someone needs to moderate this and make a choice otherwise people are gonna get pissed off.. which has already happen with eclipsesin.. and fair enough (and just to put my 2 cent in the fire, eclipsesin version is the one that caught my eye the most) ... ;)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
first off good work everyone, there are some great design on here already... however a few weeks a @dimok ask for some background pictures and some button icons... now this has turned into a design contest.. I mean I'm all good with that, the more the merrier but who is making the final call ultimately here... is it you dimok? it seems like everyone here has different taste buds here, and judging design is fairly subjective to an extent.. Someone needs to moderate this and make a choice otherwise people are gonna get pissed off.. which has already happen with eclipsesin.. and fair enough (and just to put my 2 cent in the fire, eclipsesin version is the one that caught my eye the most) ... ;)
well tbh dimok already said he has someone doing a GUI for him, i only made mine after he had said he was sad nobody had really bothered to submit any idea's, figured i might as well finish it even after he had said he had arranged something else, idk if he will draw any idea's from the submissions but it sounds very much like he has already made up his mind on that front

tbh that's why i didn't bother originally as its usually "need help with gui"............"oh never mind my friend is doing it now :P "

Last edited by gamesquest1,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well tbh dimok already said he has someone doing a GUI for him, i only made mine after he had said he was sad nobody had really bothered to submit any idea's, figured i might as well finish it even after he had said he had arranged something else, idk if he will draw any idea's from the submissions but it sounds very much like he has already made up his mind on that front

tbh that's why i didn't bother originally as its usually "need help with gui"............"oh never mind my friend is doing it now :P "
It's sounding pretty fancy with 3D animations :creep:

lakers1222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Wondering if anyone can help me please :)

Loadiine was working great on the old github server ( http://eclipsesin.github.io/ )

but since its shut down I've been trying to use http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/
the kernel exploit runs great

but Loadiine hasn't worked. It displays the Press A to install Loadiine screen for less than a second and then gets stuck on this screen.
OJNbsVn.jpg

these are the links that i'm using.
OhckG6J.png

I've repeated these steps for over 2 hours without any success

Last edited by lakers1222,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's sounding pretty fancy with 3D animations :creep:
Hey,

Wondering if anyone can help me please :)

Loadiine was working great on the old github server ( http://eclipsesin.github.io/ )

but since its shut down I've been trying to use http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/
the kernel exploit runs great

but Loadiine hasn't worked. It displays the Press A to install Loadiine screen for less than a second and then gets stuck on this screen.
OJNbsVn.jpg

these are the links that i'm using.
OhckG6J.png

I've repeated these steps for over 2 hours without any success
have you tried loadiine 4.0, 4.1 was only really any use if you are launching via art altier or karaoke wiiu, if i had to guess it looks like the index was pointing to github still for some things and github have gone gung ho on hosting exploit files or something

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will verify the files are there correctly.

And for the record, I'm not really pissed off. Just annoyed because I understand the points being made, and at the same time I don't want to do it, and some if it I'm not sure what to do. I know it's my decision either way regardless of consequence, usage, or criticism but you must understand, I'm trying to make it for everyone and not just myself, and sometimes my issues can get in the way.... Just give it some time.

@lakers1222 The files are correct, so it's doing something wrong. Not sure why. Try the following. It was suggested before to get hacks working, but it might help you out too. It will make the default page the hack page tho.

Open the Web Browser.
Open the Hack Page
Exit to Home Menu
Enter Settings
Exit Settings
Open the Hack Page
Turn off Wii U
Try loadiine again and let me know.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: gamesquest1

lakers1222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried loadiine 4.0, 4.1 was only really any use if you are launching via art altier or karaoke wiiu, if i had to guess it looks like the index was pointing to github still for some things and github have gone gung ho on hosting exploit files or something

I'm getting a similar error message with version 4.0
This is the full screen shot from my TV.
Nv4zB9u.jpg

I will verify the files are there correctly.

And for the record, I'm not really pissed off. Just annoyed because I understand the points being made, and at the same time I don't want to do it, and some if it I'm not sure what to do. I know it's my decision either way regardless of consequence, usage, or criticism but you must understand, I'm trying to make it for everyone and not just myself, and sometimes my issues can get in the way.... Just give it some time.

@lakers1222 The files are correct, so it's doing something wrong. Not sure why. Try the following. It was suggested before to get hacks working, but it might help you out too. It will make the default page the hack page tho.

Open the Web Browser.
Open the Hack Page
Exit to Home Menu
Enter Settings
Exit Settings
Open the Hack Page
Turn off Wii U
Try loadiine again and let me know.

thanks for all your hard work and verifying the files. I'll try these steps and report back :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks EclipseSin, I've tried the steps but I'm still getting the same problem (freezing on https://github.com/dimok789...)

I've read in the comments that Loadiine is working great for other users so maybe it's a problem isolated to my console.

Maybe the problem is that my WiiU is looking for the loadiine.elf file in the wrong location

It's looking in
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/tree/master/www/kexploit

But maybe it should be looking here
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/tree/master/www/loadiine

Reactions: EclipseSin

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am looking for most recent tutorial for loadiine (how to setup, how to copy games etc.) And have question where is this Wiiflow-kind loadiine version? Thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I am looking for most recent tutorial for loadiine (how to setup, how to copy games etc.) And have question where is this Wiiflow-kind loadiine version? Thanks
check the definaative guide sticky that should cover the loadiine setup guide, as for the wiiflow style loadiine, it hasnt been released yet

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@lakers1222 I'm not sure. The only other thing I can think of is to maybe try starting over by clearing the browser data. But as you know, it can be a hassle getting the exploit to work, and that basically puts you back to square one if you had issues running it.

Although the files are correct, I'll go test the actual site from my console to be sure.
Worked fine for me using the highlighted links. So this is confirmation it's on your end.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: lakers1222

lakers1222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lakers1222 I'm not sure. The only other thing I can think of is to maybe try starting over by clearing the browser data. But as you know, it can be a hassle getting the exploit to work, and that basically puts you back to square one if you had issues running it.

Although the files are correct, I'll go test the actual site from my console to be sure.
Worked fine for me using the highlighted links. So this is confirmation it's on your end.

OMG thankyou x10000000 !!!

I went into the WiiU Internet browser and Reset Cookies and Reset (browser) Save Data
And it worked just like you said it would

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Don Jon :
I like your updated mockup.
having the cover on the list view is nice (it could even be in real 3D later, driven with right stick or touchscreen)

Your flow idea is standard, it's just flow at bottom half + reflection + background.
Except that the background you used doesn't exists and the users will have to make a background repository. We thought using the pictures in the meta folder would be easier and everybody already have them.
if users want custom picture, they can change it.

it's nice to see a TV+gamepad at the same time.
Like I suggested previously, I think users should be able to select both display independently (given the controls are the same, like "dpad right->next game on flow" which will not be natural on a list view, unfortunately)

flow : right/left to change games
list : up/down to change games
grid : up/down/left/right to change games
I think it should do the same : right=down, left=up, so changing a game on a display is also selecting it on the other one.
event on one display should affect the other one, like scrolling the flow on TV automatically to center the selected game when touching a game on the pad.

That will also be an issue when using grid+list, with a grid you might want to press down to change rows, but it will select only the next game from the list view.
Down will be used for two different thing here.
list : down = next game
grid : down = 6th next game (if 5 games per line)

That's what I meant with "We need to decide the button behavior first". having different themes with different controls will not be practical.

Change view mode is unnecessary. it should be a setting.
I know it was an option to switch grid/list from the "same concept", but it could be two different views that the user select : one on TV, one on gamepad, and use the "swap" option to change the display.
it's not one view, but two different view to code. so why not make them independent and let the user choose if he wants grid+list or flow+list or flow+grid?
the "change view mode" can become "swap"

You only placed a (-) in the corner, I suppose it's the settings?
I feel it looks better at the place of "change view mode"
it's the global setting, or it will open a choice "global or current game" ?
or will the individual setting be placed on a "launch game" popup screen? Select game -> option & Start. (I prefer this model)

The (-) is not displayed on your flow mockup.
users need to know how to access the settings from all views.
I would like a WiiU design on that view. For example, go to the download queue program, and at the bottom you have "Back (B)" and "(-) I don't remember the text here"
I think this kind of buttons are nice, in the corner, and it can be touched easily when the design is on the pad.

Keep in mind we haven't seen the mockup for our other member. we don't know yet which design to choose and what to do.
I only think it would be nice to have "swap display" and "independent display selection", but we haven't talk about it yet. Dimok is the one coding all this, the difficult task is his.

It's a lot of text in my post, but we need to talk about it together, see everyone ideas before starting something.

Edit:
I thought about it since I wrote this post.
I think we should limit the D-pad control to TV and touch control to gamepad.
One design should be both controllable with Dpad and touch, but the current selected input must be based on its location (as it's swappable!). The gamepad should be only touch controllable, not button controllable. it will prevent conflicts with the designs.
when you create a design, think how it could be used from a tablet, and how it could be used with buttons.

flow : touch to scroll the games and can touch a game not in center to center it, dpad right/left to change game. (a setting should be used to control the direction of the move when pressing "right")
grid : touch any icons to open the game, or arrows to scroll game list. dpad to move an overlay cursor, L/R to scroll full pages.
list : touch to scroll up/down to move the list (not using the arrows), dpad to move a cursor to select game.

if a game is not selected, touch = select it.
if a game is already selected, touch = open the game window. (option, start, game info)

for settings (there's not a lot of mockups, only Exlipse did one), I think we need to decide if it's best to "click an option" to scroll the choices, to display all choices on screen and press on the one we want.
like this :
server : ON (press to switch to OFF, or press A)
or
Server : [ON] OFF (click on ON or OFF to change the selection, dpad right/left to change, or press A to edit and then right/left to change then A to confirm or B to cancel)

Second option looks nicer when dealing with touch screen, but not when there's more than 3 choices. too much choices will clutter the setting screen. maybe a scrollable dropdown popup could be used like on android.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a similar error message with version 4.0
This is the full screen shot from my TV.
Nv4zB9u.jpg

thanks for all your hard work and verifying the files. I'll try these steps and report back :)

Thanks EclipseSin, I've tried the steps but I'm still getting the same problem (freezing on https://github.com/dimok789...)

I've read in the comments that Loadiine is working great for other users so maybe it's a problem isolated to my console.

Maybe the problem is that my WiiU is looking for the loadiine.elf file in the wrong location

It's looking in
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/tree/master/www/kexploit

But maybe it should be looking here
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine/tree/master/www/loadiine
and @lakers1222 The problem is not your end its @EclipseSin end which ever link your using he has not got loadiine V4.1 set up correctly in his server folder hes missing the index html file in the loadiine v4.1 folder which is why your getting that error your end on your screen! You need to speak to him and get it sorted :)

Last edited by Reecey,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
How I know I had the same exact problem my end! The loadiine v4.1 files was missing the index.html file so I extracted them to my server folder for loadiine and the exact same issue came up on the wiiu gamepad screen so I popped my index.html file in and that sorted the problem out so please don't call me a moron, sir! OK? when I know what I am on about. If he fixed the problem what did he do??? or do you not even know?
OMG thankyou x10000000 !!!

I went into the WiiU Internet browser and Reset Cookies and Reset (browser) Save Data
And it worked just like you said it would

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
What if we used the exact same layout as the wii u system has already? So grid for the gamepad and the tv has the grid icons but displays a 3d cover in the middle (and X still allows changing screens)? With Buttons functions as they are? I can't do any samples as my PC with photo shop on it is well and truly f!?ked :/

Last edited by jammybudga777,

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What if we used the exact same layout as the wii u system has already? So grid for the gamepad and the tv has the grid icons but displays a 3d cover in the middle (and X still allows changing screens)? With Buttons functions as they are? I can't do any samples as my PC with photo shop on it is well and truly f!?ked :/
I guess most user want a uber-stylish menu. Nice graphics here and nice 3D there, maybe music in background and parallax scrolling etc.
For me, a simple GUI like the one at WIIUBREW (Loadiine GUI 1.0) would be enough and what I would pay for. I don't need uber stylish gfx. ^_^

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Cyan For real? My stuff is fine. How about removing the post saying I don't have my files set up correctly? They are, and they were fine from the very beginning. I have no time to be polite to idiots who don't know what they are doing but pretend to and tell others what is or isn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally