Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off good work everyone, there are some great design on here already... however a few weeks a @dimok ask for some background pictures and some button icons... now this has turned into a design contest.. I mean I'm all good with that, the more the merrier but who is making the final call ultimately here... is it you dimok? it seems like everyone here has different taste buds here, and judging design is fairly subjective to an extent.. Someone needs to moderate this and make a choice otherwise people are gonna get pissed off.. which has already happen with eclipsesin.. and fair enough (and just to put my 2 cent in the fire, eclipsesin version is the one that caught my eye the most) ... ;)

well tbh dimok already said he has someone doing a GUI for him, i only made mine after he had said he was sad nobody had really bothered to submit any idea's, figured i might as well finish it even after he had said he had arranged something else, idk if he will draw any idea's from the submissions but it sounds very much like he has already made up his mind on that front

tbh that's why i didn't bother originally as its usually "need help with gui"............"oh never mind my friend is doing it now :P "

Hmm I didnt say I am calling the shots here for the concept. I didnt even say I am going to use the concept of the person i am working with. As I said in my previous post we should make a vote or something on here (I know Cyan did setup a voting earlier in the days of the Wii here on gbatemp). I am open for all ideas. The designs so far were all looking good.

For over two weeks noone wanted to create any design. I was hoping for at least something but there was nothing at all, not a single image/texture. After my post (#2393) one person contacted me first (he doesnt want to be named) and it sounded very promising as he is a VFX artist and so we agreed on working together. I wanted to wait for him to finish his concept. The day after that all of a sudden several people started making designs which is good as we can collect ideas from all designs for the final one. Which concept is going to be the final one, well I don't know that. I suggest (again) we make a vote. It's impossible to make everyone happy but its possible to make the majority happy.

Also there are a lot of posts lately. Sorry if I missed something. I cant read all of them, its just too much and takes quite some time.

Last edited by dimok,

RapidRaid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also made a design (sorry for posting so late, was lazy :P) I'll include the PSD aswell, feel free to modify and stuff:
WPwgP4F.jpg

PSD: Click

----
Ah and if you have any suggestions how to improve this piece, smash your keyboard and write it to me.

Last edited by RapidRaid,

x7l7j8cc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If no one didnt done it, ive added a function to Loadiine.
Now, Loadiine, can change the Launch Mode pressing the Minus/Select Button, and the game can be launched by pressing only the A Button, the X-Y button is not used anymore.
Anyway, i dont have the "Smash Bros" game, so if someone who have it, want to try it, below you can find the link to start this new Loadiine.

Here the proof:

And, for who wants to try it, HERE.

Last edited by x7l7j8cc,

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Don Jon :
I like your updated mockup.
having the cover on the list view is nice (it could even be in real 3D later, driven with right stick or touchscreen)

Your flow idea is standard, it's just flow at bottom half + reflection + background.
Except that the background you used doesn't exists and the users will have to make a background repository. We thought using the pictures in the meta folder would be easier and everybody already have them.
if users want custom picture, they can change it.

it's nice to see a TV+gamepad at the same time.
Like I suggested previously, I think users should be able to select both display independently (given the controls are the same, like "dpad right->next game on flow" which will not be natural on a list view, unfortunately)

flow : right/left to change games
list : up/down to change games
grid : up/down/left/right to change games
I think it should do the same : right=down, left=up, so changing a game on a display is also selecting it on the other one.
event on one display should affect the other one, like scrolling the flow on TV automatically to center the selected game when touching a game on the pad.

That will also be an issue when using grid+list, with a grid you might want to press down to change rows, but it will select only the next game from the list view.
Down will be used for two different thing here.
list : down = next game
grid : down = 6th next game (if 5 games per line)

That's what I meant with "We need to decide the button behavior first". having different themes with different controls will not be practical.

Change view mode is unnecessary. it should be a setting.
I know it was an option to switch grid/list from the "same concept", but it could be two different views that the user select : one on TV, one on gamepad, and use the "swap" option to change the display.
it's not one view, but two different view to code. so why not make them independent and let the user choose if he wants grid+list or flow+list or flow+grid?
the "change view mode" can become "swap"

You only placed a (-) in the corner, I suppose it's the settings?
I feel it looks better at the place of "change view mode"
it's the global setting, or it will open a choice "global or current game" ?
or will the individual setting be placed on a "launch game" popup screen? Select game -> option & Start. (I prefer this model)

The (-) is not displayed on your flow mockup.
users need to know how to access the settings from all views.
I would like a WiiU design on that view. For example, go to the download queue program, and at the bottom you have "Back (B)" and "(-) I don't remember the text here"
I think this kind of buttons are nice, in the corner, and it can be touched easily when the design is on the pad.

Keep in mind we haven't seen the mockup for our other member. we don't know yet which design to choose and what to do.
I only think it would be nice to have "swap display" and "independent display selection", but we haven't talk about it yet. Dimok is the one coding all this, the difficult task is his.

It's a lot of text in my post, but we need to talk about it together, see everyone ideas before starting something.

Edit:
I thought about it since I wrote this post.
I think we should limit the D-pad control to TV and touch control to gamepad.
One design should be both controllable with Dpad and touch, but the current selected input must be based on its location (as it's swappable!). The gamepad should be only touch controllable, not button controllable. it will prevent conflicts with the designs.
when you create a design, think how it could be used from a tablet, and how it could be used with buttons.

flow : touch to scroll the games and can touch a game not in center to center it, dpad right/left to change game. (a setting should be used to control the direction of the move when pressing "right")
grid : touch any icons to open the game, or arrows to scroll game list. dpad to move an overlay cursor, L/R to scroll full pages.
list : touch to scroll up/down to move the list (not using the arrows), dpad to move a cursor to select game.

if a game is not selected, touch = select it.
if a game is already selected, touch = open the game window. (option, start, game info)

for settings (there's not a lot of mockups, only Exlipse did one), I think we need to decide if it's best to "click an option" to scroll the choices, to display all choices on screen and press on the one we want.
like this :
server : ON (press to switch to OFF, or press A)
or
Server : [ON] OFF (click on ON or OFF to change the selection, dpad right/left to change, or press A to edit and then right/left to change then A to confirm or B to cancel)

Second option looks nicer when dealing with touch screen, but not when there's more than 3 choices. too much choices will clutter the setting screen. maybe a scrollable dropdown popup could be used like on android.
Some notes on your reply:

As for backgrounds
there arent a lot of Wii U games at the moment lol
It shouldnt be too complicated to google some up and find one per game, and standardize the size of images to something like 1920X1080
Every game should have one HD background to enrich the TV mode to fullest.
For the list view the same background can be used, in my example it differs from the tv view because i was too lazy to do one from scratch so i just used 518's.
The backgrounds should also start right above the floor, and the floor shouldnt cover any of it. The floor should push the background up some. I suggest for the floor not to take too much space or the background could end up getting cropped. but than again not too small for the cover reflections effect.
I cannot hesitate enough how important it is to also include the time and date somewhere lol
or else we need to go to home button to check

there could also be some pop ups showing icons here and there but those should fade in and out based on user input.
as for music, there are two options
option a: every game has some sfx when u scroll through its game title and check info of game
option b: a constant music playing. Either wanonokos theme used for wad manager. or some battletoads music. whatever the case it needs to stay retro. or else...JK
option c: somehow include both?

as for the scrolling and button inputs, i clearly am against using the wiimote to target stuff on the big screen. it really isnt needed. so yea it should only be game pad touch screen and buttons.
Some notes on buttons:
1 button to choose game, takes to info screen. same button again to confirm loading or change settings. Settings would probably work best at the info screen.
2 button to "unchoose" game and go back to game selection screens
3 button L on game pad. for flow: flows to left
4 button R on game pad. for flow: flows to right
5 button to change views. Perhaps use "-". and we can do away with showing that on the list view corner. it is self explanatory
6 button to exit loadiine
dpad to go through games
7 button to display icons. press again to hide.
just some thoughts
8 button to switch "Launching Modes". mii maker-smash bros- etc.

Oh really ?? but not released ?
its not released just as the exploit
even if it was without the exploit it would be useless

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: xande333

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Random question but has anyone tried using the quick start function for loading the web browser? I have used it to load loadiine 4 times in a row without errors/crashes. Maybe I'm just havin good luck with it but it may also be a way to resolve people having crashes exc when using the kernel and loadiine?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I found that normally I'm lucky to get it 2/3 times in a row without having a kernel error or loadiine crash on install. I'll continue to use it like this and see how my success rate goes.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought the Mario Kart bundle DLC when it became available, and updated my system and game when the first DLC came out. I didn't get around to doing the second DLC immediately in May when it came out (just remember it was the summer). I was convinced it was after 5.4 was released and thus would have patched my system. I was already starting to shop around for a base console for backup play, assuming I was 95% certain my Wii U was at 5.4.

I blew the dust off it today and booted it up. 5.3.2! Now to block the updates :)

D

Deleted-355425

I bought the Mario Kart bundle DLC when it became available, and updated my system and game when the first DLC came out. I didn't get around to doing the second DLC immediately in May when it came out (just remember it was the summer). I was convinced it was after 5.4 was released and thus would have patched my system. I was already starting to shop around for a base console for backup play, assuming I was 95% certain my Wii U was at 5.4.

I blew the dust off it today and booted it up. 5.3.2! Now to block the updates :)

lucky man :)

eddmhisc

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys , sorry for my bad English , do not know if this is the right place to ask but did not want to open a new thread , I'm about to buy a console Wii U deluxe banned , at a very cheap price, the console comes with version 4.0.0 , which leads me to the following questions , I can then updated to version 5.3.1 and I can load loadline splatoon ?, greetings and have nice day

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys , sorry for my bad English , do not know if this is the right place to ask but did not want to open a new thread , I'm about to buy a console Wii U deluxe banned , at a very cheap price, the console comes with version 4.0.0 , which leads me to the following questions , I can then updated to version 5.3.1 and I can load loadline splatoon ?, greetings and have nice day

Either console or nnid ban, at least a connected nnid and without nintendo services you can't remove the account, so just leave it and add another user as default.

Updating should work with a game containing 5.3.2 and loadiine is no problem as long the game is supported > http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list

Last edited by liomajor,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Either console or nnid ban, at least a connected nnid and without nintendo services you can't remove the account, so just leave it and add another user as default.

Updating should work with a game containing 5.3.2 and loadiine is no problem as long the game is supported > http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list
o.O I formatted the one I bought before setting up internet, he should be able to remove it just fine by doing that. Maybe if parental controls are on and never got the code. Never looked at them to see whats in there really. I guess if games are on it though, might not be worth it. *shrug* Not like you can't change the default user anywho.

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
Random question but has anyone tried using the quick start function for loading the web browser? I have used it to load loadiine 4 times in a row without errors/crashes. Maybe I'm just havin good luck with it but it may also be a way to resolve people having crashes exc when using the kernel and loadiine?

I think you were lucky four time in a row. (though, I never tested the quick launch menu)
Sometime it works great :)

I thought using quick start was a no no for a 'hacked' WiiU?

As a side note, will we be able to install games to system memory at any point? I'm wondering if the games that load slow will run better if installed internally (I would imagine the internal memory has much faster access than the SD slot)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A lot of people never used a filtering solution when 5.4 was released, being proxy/router/dns, and thought they were safe while it's shutdown.
The quick start is used to silently auto-update while the console is shutdown.
a lot of people rely on OpenDNS solution while keeping quick start option, which updated the console on first IP change.
Using it is still not recommended if you are not trusting your filter solution.

as long as they correctly filter the update, quick start is fine.
Personally, I prefer my console being inactive than doing things on background.
I remember Wii users found their graphic chipset being corrupted caused by idle and WC24 activity heating the gpu.

Your side note :
Maybe.
if/when read and write access right to any folder is possible.
Same as Wii : writing to NAND is never recommended and can brick the console. deleting/overwriting wrong files is always dangerous.
Writing to wiiu HDD would be safer.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
I have used quick start since yesterday jus purely to test my success on loading the kernel an loadiine which so far 10 out of 10 attempts have worked fine. When I power down the console (stand by mode) I also switch the plugs off so it's not on standby until switched back on :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fvb1OnyL7A&t=148s