Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, Nope, and knew that before I posted it.

3D or full covers would be the only thing needed really, if made right. I just didn't have the other angle available when I put cases in. They're just placeholders. with 2d fronts only, it could just not spin the case on the right. I'll make different previews on the next update

The synopsis shouldn't have to fit the box. It's more something dimok would have to handle, but it could just auto scroll long ones, hiding out of view text, stopping for manual scroll on touch.

I knew the controller icon was big, I just wanted to show what each section was for and.... not use plain text. Edit: Could also maybe only display usable controllers. I think the most I've seen is 4 controllers types like on Smash.

Either way, thanks for the tips, but I still need to fix spacing too :P So there's that. Got a big rectangular area on the right unused. Need to fix that. Maybe spread it some more.

@EclipseSin
Is that for the TV or gamepad? or both identical (mirror)?
if it's not mirrored, I think we need a way to swap the displays (for users who don't use TV). so maybe a button or something on the gamepad to do it.

That is more driven for the GamePad. It could probably be mirrored, but then we need a slick way to move between the games selection and the on screen buttons. Just using GamePad buttons is nice, but with a GUI they should be used to control the menu, not launch etc, i.e. buttons change what they do depending on the highlighted item, not X always launches game. Though shortcut might be posssible, like Rz+X or something). Or at least, that's how I envision it.

But yes, I want X or something to swap the screens like the home menu does, and set themes in settings.

I'll try to give more insight into what I'm thinking in the coming previews. Hope I get some time to work on it. :P

Last edited by EclipseSin,
D

Deleted-19228

how many times should i be running the exploit from wiiubrew "loadiine kernel" before it will work? rebooted about 20 times now. Also not sure what "multi-kernel" is, maybe kernel exploit for firmware before 5.3.2 would be my guess?

Last edited by ,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how many times should i be running the exploit from wiiubrew "loadiine kernel" before it will work? rebooted about 20 times now. Also not sure what "multi-kernel" is
Until it works. Multi-kernel is the regular kernel exploit and loadiine's/modified kernel exploit together in a menu.

Open web browser
go to hack page but dont load anything
exit web browser
go into settings
exit settings
go into web browser
load hack page
turn off wii u without exiting web browser
turn on and try kernel exploit some more

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sometime it works better when you shutdown the console instead of going to settings menu.

You can try to go to browser settings and clear all the cookies/cache.
Or try to overload the browser cache (load few tabs with heavy pages like youtubes, etc.)

Reactions: Fjar

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sometime it works better when you shutdown the console instead of going to settings menu.

You can try to go to browser settings and clear all the cookies/cache.
Or try to overload the browser cache (load few tabs with heavy pages like youtubes, etc.)
He did shut down the console with that method though. The settings thing first just seems to help for some reason. Then again, I think it's slightly different for everyone, with the slight variances allowed in the internal hardware. For example, when I overload the browser on a bad day, it gets worse (freezes instead of reloading to settings etc). Lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never clean/overload it.
I only power on and launch the browser (which directly loads my own local server page), there's a high success rate when I didn't use the console for some times (few hours/days).
But it's random, so sometime I have to do it few times. it's rarely more than 4-5 times.

Maybe hosting the file in local helps?

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
All i would love for christmas is online game in Loadiine, but that's very hard right now :( however, thanks for all your work in this project :D

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Guys, i cant use the Kernel of the new EclipseSin website:I got freeze or black with white screen, any solution? :(

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doing some more work like.. So much crap to do besides this haha. Procrastination!

fe326ab208.jpg

9deb187fd1.jpg

17da51492f.jpg

B is Back, it's just not in this preview

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys, i cant use the Kernel of the new EclipseSin website:I got freeze or black with white screen, any solution? :(
open web browser
Open exploit page
Exit to home menu
Open settings
Exit settings
open web browser
open exploit page
turn off wii u without exit browser
try again with any exploits page

If worked before, shouldn't need to clear data like you did in most cases. Sometimes helps me too though. Remember, a lot of it is just luck (RNG) as there is timing involved you can't control too well (the exploit).

Last edited by EclipseSin,

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming dimok adds:
  1. Per-game configuration
  2. Confirmation screen
A : Select, or Launch on confirmation screen
B : Switch Boot Mode, or Cancel on confirmation screen
X : Switch View Mode (List/Grid)
Y : Swap TV/Game Pad (haven't made a mock for coverflow on TV)
Select : Global Settings, or Game Settings on confirmation screen

Tap the SD card information to reload SD (for hot swap).

Version 3:
List View:
zlkN6je.png

Grid View:
zBZHd9W.png

Confirmation Screen:
gHvd6TX.png
Hey, the mockup is looking good. It is simple and does not require many images as the most things are on the SD card in the meta folder. It would be easy to create those layouts and can be a quick solution. The icons look a bit like the ones I used on WiiXplorer :P.

Though I am a bit confused why you guys all think of the button descriptions on the bottom as a favorite design. A global setting and a per game setting can configure the default and per game launching methods so there is only a "launch" needed and not many "launch with ...". I wasnt really thinking of using "quick press buttons" on the bottom as the main control (only backup control for quick progress through the menu). I though we would use the touch pad more often and "tap" on actual buttons on screen and the game icons to do some actions (or double tap to quick launch...whatever). I though there would be real buttons that grow on normal tap/hold event and so on instead of just the information that you can press some button to do some action on the bottom of the screen. The information on the bottom of the screen was just the way we used in the "console text view" until now because there was no better solution with actual touch/button/trigger events or similar. I guess it was just a personal favorite. (Sorry if you guys already talked about something like that in some previous posts and I missed it.)

Well as I said before, another gfx artist is already working on one solution too. he talked about some 3D effects in it. For me it would be quite some work to implement all design concepts that are proposed. It can all be implemented eventually one after another in the future but not all at once. I dont have that much free time to do that. I would also prefer not to have multiple concepts in a signle application (themes are OK, but there should be only one concept). We should make some vote as for which concept to choose as the main concept :P.

But since your design is really very simple to implement (because it has not many animation except sliding from what I see and like no 3D effects) and the other design is not ready yet, I could add it as a first demonstration for simple 2D rendering in GX2. Then other developers have the option to already start working on some other GUIs or some completely different homebrews with GX2, like a game maybe. (Though I will not be able to get to it until at least next weekend.) Not sure if any devs want that though. If not I will save me the work of doing that and wait for the final design that everyone votes for as the first implementation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently