Kaidou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue & Red [JPN to ENG] Translation

This thread is dedicated to the translation (Japanese to English) of Digimon Super Xros Wars: Blue released by Bandai in 2011 on the Nintendo DS.

For updates regarding the translation of Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, please head to https://gbatemp.net/threads/digimon-story-lost-evolution-translation-project.323038/ .

The format of the Xros Wars files inside of the ROM are similar to the ones found in Digimon Story: Lost Evolution. Programmer Normmatt has provided some tools to unpak these files. Since the source was not available for these tools, I have created my own and made it open-source for anyone to add/edit features.

https://github.com/Kaidou-Shinobu/DigiPak

The executable and source are available on the github page.

For translation of the graphics, another tool has been made to match the map, tile, and palette files automatically and batch them into a narc archive using narctools. From there you can simply use Tinke v0.9.0 to open the files, export/import to/from another graphic format. *It's currently not ready for use, but you can use the DigiPak tool to at least pull the relevant files.*

https://github.com/Kaidou-Shinobu/Digimon_NDS_GraphicMapper

The executable and source are available on the github page.

This project will be considered as open-community. Anyone who is able and willing to contribute is welcome.

Proof of Concept:

DUA7KhsWAAIhJW3.jpg

f98ad7d7653df897987b07a8bd97bf51.png

Latest video:

Special Thanks to:
The previous and current Lost Evolution teams. Normmatt's edited fonts and PAK decompression algorithms. Provides a solid foundation for the work on this game.

Attachments

• DigiPak.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 7,773
Last edited by Kaidou,

Kaidou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. We've worked hard on it this week. KHeartz has provided a video update containing first scene. I have posted it in the first post.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. We've worked hard on it this week. KHeartz has provided a video update containing first scene. I have posted it in the first post.

Looking great so far! I liked the -cu endings from cutemon, (I think ~kyu fits better but that's personal taste) and the use of Xros Loader. Also poor zenjiro xD.Curious about the text at the begining of the game, before the scene with the starmon and pickmon, I take it those are graphics right?

Kaidou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking great so far! I liked the -cu endings from cutemon, (I think ~kyu fits better but that's personal taste) and the use of Xros Loader. Also poor zenjiro xD.Curious about the text at the begining of the game, before the scene with the starmon and pickmon, I take it those are graphics right?

The graphical text you see upon startup was already naturally in English (fortunately for us)

From KHeartz (who did the translation from this scene):
I thought about using "Kyu" for Cutemon sound, but I wasn't sure if that idea would get across to the reader; I will try it to see how it looks like in-game.

Kheartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent the week learning the ncgr nscr and nclr formats in gruesome detail since Tinke didn't support our needs for tiled, multipalette imports. I am making a program that allows me to do it for the opening graphic texts. I think that I am almost done. I just need to now test with the translated images when I get home. If it works, we'll put a sample of it on this thread. I'll also have Kaidou put the link to the source of this program on the first post. When this is all done, I can go back to translating the actual text.

Kaidou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With KHeartz' help, we can start working on translating some of the artistic side of things.

Looking for anyone who can do some work on the graphics, nothing *too* technical is needed. Just being able to draw pretty things with limited colors is OK.

Kheartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. May i know. How to view the attachment? I cant view it. Please help me.
The attached file allows you to edit the special PAK files in the rom (with details on how to do it is on the github page). It's important to note: that file is is NOT the patch. It's useful for people who want to contribute to the project.

Kheartz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it will be ready for translation or an alpha patch ? Long time i wait for this

No projected date. There's also no plan for a public alpha release.

Any news about the project?

No updates for the past couple of months since I'm the only one working on the project at the moment. I'm also finishing up my degree in the next couple of weeks and moving to a new residence. I'll work on updates whenever I have chance to settle down. Should hope to have a video or two sometime in late June.

I occasionally make some announcements/details of some updates on my twitter as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over