Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

canariobr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I figured this is as good as any place to ask...

I ordered a Wii U and it arrived, but they sent me the wrong kind (I was supposed to get 3D world and Nintendoland physical copies but they gave me Mario Kart 8 preinstalled.)

Here is the serial: FW42804839 [4]

What firmware can I expect to find on it?

why dont you send it back and demand the right console?

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that 5.5.0 support hasn't happened yet, but how often should I check back here for updates on it? Should I wait a few months? (since we don't know how long it'll actually take). Or is it something that could happen at any time, and I should check back here often? Sorry if that sounded weird, this isn't a website I frequent often
it's already on 5.5.0, just unreleased

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
Question for loadiine's devs: Is it possible to change the Mii maker logo (icon) on the wiiU menu after loadiine installation? For when we quit a game and want to launch an other there would be a Loadiine logo on the menu wiiU. Not important but should be nice.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It needs IOS access to edit the game's picture/icons.

Well you can't own the disc for something like fast racing Nero so how would that work to access eshop to buy?
While using loadiine you don't have online access.
Well, you have miiverse access if you launch the game from SSBU mode, but it's SSBU miiverse.
Miiverse doesn't work if you use MiiMaker mode as it doesn't have that rights by default.

But eShop works if you don't use loadiine : Spoof to 5.5.0, use NNU patcher to access eshop and buy games.
You can buy, but you can't play online if you don't launch the game officially. (disc or installed app from eshop on system menu)

Reactions: paulloeduardo

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It needs IOS access to edit the game's picture/icons.

Thanks Cyan for your reply. I asked the question because i remember that did by NWPlayer123 with cafiine, see here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-307#post-5512768
WiiUMenu4.jpg

Reactions: Skater4599 and Cyan

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if this have been asked before, I tried but couldn't find the answer.
If I start to play a game (Xenoblade Chronicles X, for example) using a backup with Loadiine and buy the game later, will I be able to continue using my saved game from Loadiine?

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Nym5

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I still got nothing regarding some images or layout or even a concept for the GUI. Is there no one in the community interessted in doing that? This is kind of disappointing. The source code is ready to setup some nice GUI but nothing there to use it with. It's really too bad... I'll wait a little longer and if nothing will come I will construct something GPU generated which will probably be ok but not very stunning without proper textures. oh well...This really lowers ones motivation to continue the work on the project.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I still got nothing regarding some images or layout or even a concept for the GUI. Is there no one in the community interessted in doing that? This is kind of disappointing. The source code is ready to setup some nice GUI but nothing there to use it with. It's really too bad... I'll wait a little longer and if nothing will come I will construct something GPU generated which will probably be ok but not very stunning without proper textures. oh well...This really lowers ones motivation to continue the work on the project.
I appreciate your efforts. Loadiine is pretty f-ing amazing, especially considering we dot even have iosu exploited! While you're waiting for textures, there's a backlog of functionality to look at such as online play, compatibility, automatic handling of jp/eu/us region specific file/folder names, to name a few. I, for one, would like online play over a GUI, but you should work on what interests you too.

canariobr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for all your work dimok. Hope you dont quit and that someone will help you with that.
I wish I could help but I dont have any skills. I can only hope you guys continue to make quick progress as you have achieved by now. I wasnt even thinking of buying a Wii U, but the quick progress until now changed my mind and my Wii U is been shipped by now.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was planning on maybe helping out with the intro screen, but i dont know if ur gui accepts gifs.
are there any 3d models you may need?
i can make and edit 3d models
ive got decent knowlege of photoshop and 3ds max
but i wouldnt even be able to test as im not in 5.3.2

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your efforts. Loadiine is pretty f-ing amazing, especially considering we dot even have iosu exploited! While you're waiting for textures, there's a backlog of functionality to look at such as online play, compatibility, automatic handling of jp/eu/us region specific file/folder names, to name a few. I, for one, would like online play over a GUI, but you should work on what interests you too.
I made my comment to this already and like I said before it is not fun developing on a system that is too unstable to work with and has no basics at all. I am creating basics and a real homebrew development environment. Basics like the use of the standard libs and STL. Simple calls to functions like malloc(), fopen() or C++ std::string, vector, map or the fstream classes. Link real libraries. Than we finally can work on it like on every other application on a real OS instead of the small fry crap that we had until now.

i was planning on maybe helping out with the intro screen, but i dont know if ur gui accepts gifs.
are there any 3d models you may need?
i can make and edit 3d models
ive got decent knowlege of photoshop and 3ds max
but i wouldnt even be able to test as im not in 5.3.2

Hey Don Jon. I can add gif animation, though gifs are huge and usually not very "good looking". As for 3D Models, none are really required as most of the stuff can be done with just simple 2D PNG images rendered on top of each other and make it look like its 3D. Only if we need to rotate stuff in 3D, then a 3D model is required. That would be the case for 3D full covers from gametdb for front and back view. I can render them myself though and there is nothing needed for the graphic designer to do anything for that. If other 3D models are required, I can make simple models, like rectangles connected together, within the source code and render the 2D textures to the 3D model though if the model is not just simple cube like thingy (like the cover box which is just a connection of a few reactangles with texture on them) then a model is required. But as a started a 2D gui would be sufficient I think.

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am checking wiiubrew, wololo etc. daily for some info about progress because I thought a team is already formed to work on. I hope some ppl hop aboard to help with gui. Would be sad if this project would be discontinued.
Wish I could contribute something, but I'm just a no-skilled-user :(

:edit:
yep, you are right dimok, a simple 2D Gui like the one @wiiubrew is enough. No need for mega eye catching 3D stuff. Simple and working is the best ... well, just my 2 cents about the GUI

Last edited by DaBlackDeath,

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean, I could make something but I don't know that others will like it. I like carousel/coverflows, I guess people want grid?

I made this yesterday while we were on IRC talking a little. Very rough.

fe14082b56.png
I don't think that a grid is wanted by so many. But I like the idea of carousel/coverflows like FSD, WIIFlow or USBLoaderGX.

Reactions: canariobr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY