Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have ssb disc I heard v3 can run without ssb disc but when I select my game in loadiine v3 I'm back to homescreen
So press X...... If you're running the right thing, I don't see how it'd be possible for you to not have a Mii Maker mode since that's where the Loadiine menu comes from after you install it from the web browser.

Loadiine Kernel (or Multi-Kernel then press B when the Menu is displayed)
Loadiine v3
Use D-pad to select game.
Hit X button.

It says it on the screen. Maybe you aren't describing your issue well enough for me, but I'm pretty sure it's something you're doing wrong and not loadiine. Try describing exactly what you do. I'll let an example of below of what I do to play games using my site (the lates is v4 by the way and works better if you have xml files).

1. Loadiine Kernel
2. Loadiine v3
3. Push A to install loadiine
4. Select game with d-pad when menu comes up
5. press x and wait

Some games take longer to load past the white screen in Mii Maker mode, just so you know.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I'm doing exactly that but when I press x it does nothing on v3, x only works with v4.
First time I've ever heard or seen a report of that. All works fine for me. I don't have SSB anymore either, it was my cousins game. So I don't know how else I would have ran a game in v3 from my site earlier when I went and tested it. I tested with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Does it even freeze when using X?

startreker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into it.

Not sure about IIS. Try adding elf files as an application-octet-stream. I dont think this should be needed though.

It looks like IIS was the problem. I found a guide recommend mongoose and shared and used my files that way and all is well. I guess IIS doesn't produce the files correctly for the exploit. With mongoose I'm running fine. Still have a minor issue with it not reading my SD card and files but that hopefully won't be too bad to troubleshoot. I just need to make sure my directory structure is correct tonight. It is my understanding that I just have the wiiu directory and then a game directory, then the name of the game and then inside each game have a code and content folder. I don't believe I need an XML file anymore right to tell it which games I have available to play? Thanks.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like IIS was the problem. I found a guide recommend mongoose and shared and used my files that way and all is well. I guess IIS doesn't produce the files correctly for the exploit. With mongoose I'm running fine. Still have a minor issue with it not reading my SD card and files but that hopefully won't be too bad to troubleshoot. I just need to make sure my directory structure is correct tonight. It is my understanding that I just have the wiiu directory and then a game directory, then the name of the game and then inside each game have a code and content folder. I don't believe I need an XML file anymore right to tell it which games I have available to play? Thanks.
You didn't need an XML file to begin with. The XML files increase compatibility, not tell loadiine what games you have. However, I haven't gotten anything to boot in Smash Mode on v4 without an XML file, but you can use the XML files from the Smash Bros update for a good bit of them you can find online without any XML. If they have an update, I recommend applying the update to the game and using those XML files, tho. Mii Maker mode still seems to boot games without an XML file still, but again, they increase compatibility. So if it's listed in the compatibility list on the wiki as working, and you don't have XML files, try getting the update or Smash's XML's and trying again.

Also, your SD Card should be formatted with MBR as FAT32. GPT disk do not seem to work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I second the majority of these ideas.

TV primary: coverflow for each Game ID found on SD.
Game Pad primary: For the cover in focus on the TV, use bootDrcTex.tga as a background for the Game Pad with the iconTex.tga and game info from gametdb.

TV secondary: grid of the iconTex.tga for each Game ID found on SD.
Game Pad secondary: For the selected cover on TV, use bootDrcTex.tga as a background for the Game Pad with the cover and game info from gametdb.

I'll make mockups of the above when I get a chance (after doing an overhaul on the Definitive Guide).

I agree, it's easier to select game on TV+info on pad, instead of having two selection methods mixed together.
flow on TV, grid on pad can be done too, but it's maybe not natural?

Also, we should keep in mind that there will be users who want to play only with the gamepad without powering the TV, and they need to see the game selection on the pad, so it will require an option to swap the displays like the current wiiU menu.

So it could be something like this :
TV | pad
Flow | info (swappable)
grid | info (swappable)
or
flow>grid>info>info | info>info>flow>grid (all mode combination swappable?) flow+info > grid+info > info+flow > info+grid
and
Settings (displayed on both at the same time)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, it's easier to select game on TV+info on pad, instead of having two selection methods mixed together.
flow on TV, grid on pad can be done too, but it's maybe not natural?

Also, we should keep in mind that there will be users who want to play only with the gamepad without powering the TV, and they need to see the game selection on the pad, so it will require an option to swap the displays like the current wiiU menu.

So it could be something like this :
TV | pad
Flow | info (swappable)
grid | info (swappable)
or
flow>grid>info>info | info>info>flow>grid (all mode combination swappable?) flow+info > grid+info > info+flow > info+grid
and
Settings (displayed on both at the same time)
Definitely needs to be swappable. I dont even use a TV with my Wii U. If all the good stuff is on the TV, it'll be worthless to me

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@EclipseSin are you adding it too?
I can, I really don't see the need though honestly. It's not like Online works with anything other than the titles that give the access such as Smash or Karaoke. If I do add it, I will replace vLatest. Might not be until later though. I'm busy right now, sorry.

Reactions: xabier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts