Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noitora said:
War said:
Djay187 said:
I'd like to see a translation of the Simple series 42 The Haioku Byoutou, it totally playable without it but you just miss out on the story a bit. It's got a real J-Horror feel to it like Ju-On or Ringu, there's no menus and not to much text to it.
Not expecting anything from you guys and thanks to all the great work that you do.
Ooh, I love me some horror games. Maybe if you make a proper request it will get looked at!
Haioku Byoutou is indeed an interesting game but it's rather text heavy, I can't really tell how good a translation would work, I'll give it a go though...

Thanks for your replies, I didn't think there would be that much interest in this game. Because I don't how you go about translating I didn't think there was that much text in this compered to say RPG's where you have menus, npc's the story and so on, this only seemed to have little bits of text when tap on some things and hardly any story to speak of. That's how I've been able to work my way through it with no knowledge of the language.
Also because I didn't think anyone would be interested and you get hassled all the time to do this game and game and when will you be finished I didn't take my post that seriously.
So thanks again.

DaNIeL<X>

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Translations? Come to think of it...is there already a full translation patch for J!US(Jump!)? if there is, could somebody tell me how/where to get it (not the ROM!) or if you think I'm stupid you could give me the link to the thread
rolleyes.gif
thanks!
EDIT: sorry, just read the main post
tongue.gif
and no one has requested J!US to be translated yet
moogle.gif
(I think)

Game Name:
Jump! Ultimate Stars!

Release Date:
March 22, 2008(?)

Game Info:
I'm not good at this...but I know it's a game where all anime/mangga are united to brawl each other.
hate2.gif
(just nlike that)

Screenshot:
jump_ultimate_stars.jpg

BTW yeah, I know it is already translated. I just noticed that no one has requested for it to be translated yet.(Only Superstars)

DaNIeL<X>

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
DaNIeL said:
Translations? Come to think of it...is there already a full translation patch for J!US(Jump!)? if there is, could somebody tell me how/where to get it (not the ROM!) or if you think I'm stupid you could give me the link to the thread
rolleyes.gif
thanks!
here
thank you very much
yaynds.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZetraEX said:
I want to request a, not translation, but a content patch for Luminous Arc 2. I want to carry over the japanese voices and etc over to the english one, similar to the TWEWY content patch.

o.o
You should be able to do it in the same way.
I believe the patch just automates the process.

Use DSBuff or DSLazy to pack/unpack.

Unpack the Japanese ROM
Copy the voice files
Unpack the English ROM
Paste the voice files (J)
Pack the English ROM

You can then use XDelta to make a patch and release the patch for others to use.

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
ZetraEX said:
I want to request a, not translation, but a content patch for Luminous Arc 2. I want to carry over the japanese voices and etc over to the english one, similar to the TWEWY content patch.

o.o
You should be able to do it in the same way.
I believe the patch just automates the process.

Use DSBuff or DSLazy to pack/unpack.

Unpack the Japanese ROM
Copy the voice files
Unpack the English ROM
Paste the voice files (J)
Pack the English ROM

You can then use XDelta to make a patch and release the patch for others to use.

Hmm, I'll try. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Hmm, how would I know which are the voice files x.x''

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZetraEX said:

I'm actually -REALLY- new to all this stuff so my knowledge is limited..
Check some of the other threads that do the same thing and they should have better instructions.

scp89100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name
Saka Tsuku DS Touch and Direct

Release date
20th November 2008 (Japan)

Game info
Saka Tsuku DS Touch and Direct is a famous soccer/gestion game in Japan. You are a manager and you have to create a soccer team (emblem, flag, kits,stadium…) .You have to buy and sell players to have the best team and win the J.league championship. You can see the match in 3D. the game is all playable with the nds-stick

Screenshots
61F7tH0cAvL._SS400_.jpg
200811190957567218.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg

ZetraEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
ZetraEX said:

I'm actually -REALLY- new to all this stuff so my knowledge is limited..
Check some of the other threads that do the same thing and they should have better instructions.

What do you mean by "other threads"? Do you mean content patch release threads? They only tell you what it does, and to patch, you just really need to drag and drop. I'll try asking them for some help.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
@Zetra: he means to look at other threads that say "Undub blah blah". Those usually tell you exactly how to undub a game, and it's usually the same process from every game. Just look around.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
@Zetra: he means to look at other threads that say "Undub blah blah". Those usually tell you exactly how to undub a game, and it's usually the same process from every game. Just look around.I could be wrong (I'm still new!!) but I believe all games are different... but the theory behind them is the same.

I looked through the The NEW Index of Translations! thread for the completed patches, and I found this info:
MoonCHildus said:
Danger: informational wall of text *WILL* crit you for 18570 hit points.

As was noted above the files that must be replaced from the japanese version are:

voice.dat
voice.dat.tbl
msgvo.dat
msgvo.dat.tbl

I initially tried to do it using dslazy. I can now confirm that this solution may work on some cards and not on some others. I own an R4 with 1.18. What I have done is use dslazy, find the japanese rom and press unpack. When unpacking finished I renamed my NDS_UNPACK directory to japanese_NDS_UNPACK. Then I deleted the file "current.nds" from the dslazy folder. I then opened up the american rom, and clicked unpack. After this happened I navigated inside the japanese_NDS_UNPACK folder and into the "data" subdirectory I picked up the files above and copied them in the respective data directory inside NDS_UNPACK.
Afterwards I pressed pack and saved the new .nds file.
The result was a no$gba compatible rom but somehow did not work on some cards (firmware perhaps? can't tell really).

Then I fired up dsbuff. Google it, you ll find it. You ll come up with one complete .exe file you can use. This utility behaves *EXACTLY* like dslazy with one exception. It saves everything in the C:\dsbuff directory. If you follow the exact same procedure (1. open up jap rom, unpack it, rename the unpack directory, 2. delete current.nds, 3. open up american rom and unpack it, 4. copy files from jap to american unpack directory 5. pack rom) you should come up with something useful.

It works perfect on my R4, I will probably check if it works on my Supercard (nds lite slot) and report more. But the procedure must be the same for everyone, and I dont believe it will have any difference depending on the program you use.

Can anyone who has been succesful be kind enough to post their card combo? If you failed, can you give more details where did you encounter the problem? because the solution is like piss-easy to perform and I believe these instructions are more or less very simple...

Thanx in advance to all the posters above.

P.S. I believe dsbuff may require the .NET runtime to run, I can't tell for sure since I have all .NETs in my machine, but, meh, who knows.

P.S. (2) so far I have played enough to reach the point where the gatekeeper opens up your portal to Vyers castle. Everything looks cool.

P.S. (3) The reasoning behind undubing this is that the japanese voice actors in general are FAR MORE PROFESSIONAL than their american counterparts, people there actually study voice acting :-) And after all, this is an anime-like game, you expect to listen to japanese voice acting, right? ;-) Plus the voice actors for disgaea are quite legendary in the field, the main character being voiced by the girl (!!!) who does Ogioue in Genshigen anime series, among other credits.

P.S (4) soz for da long post, but...
smile.gif
QUOTE(CPhantom @ Sep 28 2008, 10:10 AM)
How to use:

1. Download and unzip SND (this includes the English patch) (If megaupload messes up for you, go here)
2. Download DSLazy
3. Have a clean ROM of Rhapsody
4. Open the ROM with DSLazy
5. Unpack it
6. Replace the folder SND in the unpacked ROM with the one that I have distributed
7. Pack it back up
8. Enjoy the English :]

I know that for Ragnarok DS, there is a /data/sound folder with a sound_data.sdat file in it.
I would have to assume that since there is no voice overs in the game, that would be the sound file.
You'll just have to either ask someone who's hacked the game in some way, or try it yourself.
Overall, if you're just replacing the sound files, it shouldn't be too difficult to muddle your way through.
Just unpack and search for "voice", "sound", "snd", "vo" and anything else you can think to relate to voices.
Copy them over to the English version and repack it. Test it out, and if it works, release a patch.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Game name
1500 DS Spirits Vol.7 - Chess

Release date
Dumped Feb 28, 2008

Game info
The best chess game for the DS imo. Has many different skill levels for chess noobs to chess masters.

Screenshots
2825.png

Your offering
I know some knowledge of chess so I may be able to help with some game rulings I guess.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ricky23i said:
Can someone pm a way to translate ds game?

I would like to translate a Harvest moon game

Haha.....
I also wanted to know how to translate a ds game!~
I also want to translate Harvest moon game:
Welcome to wind bazaar!........

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ericling said:
ricky23i said:
Can someone pm a way to translate ds game?

I would like to translate a Harvest moon game

Haha.....
I also wanted to know how to translate a ds game!~
I also want to translate Harvest moon game:
Welcome to wind bazaar!........

Or go first to romhacking.net to learn the basics
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2