OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How do I import a course with this?

EDIT: oh I have to replace one

Depends on if it's a 3DS or WiiU course.

In the course list, tap one of the empty rectangles, and select "Import 3DS", then select a course file, press B to go back to the main menu (this is required due to a bug), then go back to the course list, and you'll see it being imported.

If it's a WiiU course, you must export a "dummy" 3DS course first.
Export a 3DS course to your SD if you haven't yet, then import it into an empty slot, press B to go back to the main menu, then go back to the course list, and select "Import WiiU". In the file browser, navigate to the folder where you have extracted the WiiU course. Go into the folder which contains the course .cdc files, then at the top of the file browser select "Select this folder", or something like that.
If the import was successful, you can go back to the main menu, then go back to the course selector, and the imported level should be there.

Jan_Niek

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everybody's sending course[num] to one another, but where on the SD card are those files, all i can find is stuff like 00000047 in extdata of SMM, help me to find them pls

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Everybody's sending course[num] to one another, but where on the SD card are those files, all i can find is stuff like 00000047 in extdata of SMM, help me to find them pls

There are 121 level files in total (course000 to course119, plus an extra fake course120).

If you start in the level browser, the top-left one is course000, the 2nd one on the same line is course001, etc., then the 2nd line first one is course004, etc...

course120 is a special one, and it's only used for copy protection, it's not a real course file.

You need to choose the "Import 3DS" option on an empty slot, then browse to a courseXXX file you exported, where XXX is a number ranging from 000 to 119.

If you encounter files which are just 8characters of numbers an letters from A to F, then those are raw ExtData files. Use OCDM to export your courses properly.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So this thing was meant to finally bring online functionality to MM3DS, and you discontinued it?

Anyone still has a working online patch for MM3DS?

I did not discontinue the online functionality, as it's not hosted by me.
To my knowledge the website was upgraded to a newer security model which the 3DS doesn't support (3DS only supports up to TLSv1.1), so accessing it became impossible. I did not test this since years though, but I do have a vague memory that it has been broken for that reason years ago.

sumant28

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
sorry for the naive question but I am confused about the 3ds and Mario Maker. Is it possible to add levels to Mario Maker on 3ds OCDM if I have the course ID used to find the level on Wii U? I tried browsing Super Mario Maker Database and something else but I am not sure how to find the level I want with the course ID I have.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
sorry for the naive question but I am confused about the 3ds and Mario Maker. Is it possible to add levels to Mario Maker on 3ds OCDM if I have the course ID used to find the level on Wii U? I tried browsing Super Mario Maker Database and something else but I am not sure how to find the level I want with the course ID I have.

You need to find some other way to download WiiU levels if it's not on Mario Maker Database. Sadly I don't know how to download WiiU levels from WiiU Mario Maker.

However, once you manage to download a WiiU level in such way that you have the .cdc files, you can import it with OCDM, but first you need to import a 3DS level into the same slot (which is easy, you just need to make a dumb level, export that, and just import it into a slot you wish to import a WiiU level into).

Reactions: sumant28

sumant28

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You need to find some other way to download WiiU levels if it's not on Mario Maker Database. Sadly I don't know how to download WiiU levels from WiiU Mario Maker.

However, once you manage to download a WiiU level in such way that you have the .cdc files, you can import it with OCDM, but first you need to import a 3DS level into the same slot (which is easy, you just need to make a dumb level, export that, and just import it into a slot you wish to import a WiiU level into).
Thank you for the quick response. That sounds promising, just curious what method you would use to get a level onto the 3ds if you only had the course ID?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you for the quick response. That sounds promising, just curious what method you would use to get a level onto the 3ds if you only had the course ID?

As I said, I don't know. If I knew, I would've downloaded a lot more levels from WiiU Mario Maker, or probably even added a way to connect to WiiU Mario Maker with some WiiU files to download levels by ID.

RengeLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Now THAT is an obscure error.

When does it happen? How does it happen? I need some error reproducing steps.
I downloaded the old build from gbatemp and I tried to use the 3dsx first, but hbmenu just says that my homebrew exploit doesn't have support for launching applications under target titles. So I tried installing the CIA which worked, but when I start it, it just says the following:
[FSW_] Can't open archive: C8804464
FSW DEBUG EXT= 1A04 RES=C8804464
FSW DEBUG EXT= 1A05 RES=00000000
[MAIN] Initializing game
[GAME] Initializing TextureManager
[GAME] TextureManager initialized
[GAME] Initializing FontManager
[DRAW] Loading texture map:
> romfs:/grafx/font/ctru.bim
[DRAW] Icon count: 1
[DRAW] 1 icons loaded
[FONT] Size: 8x8
[GAME] FontManager initialized
[GAME] Initializing SDMC
[GAME] Initializing savedata
EXT: 0000000000001A05
SAV: 00040000001A0500
FSV: 00000000
OpenSession error: C8804478
Checking NAND for lulz

- The application has crashed

Result: E0C046F8

Press a key to exit...
I'm guessing it's because I'm using Luma3DS, but I don't know.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I downloaded the old build from gbatemp and I tried to use the 3dsx first, but hbmenu just says that my homebrew exploit doesn't have support for launching applications under target titles. So I tried installing the CIA which worked, but when I start it, it just says the following:
[FSW_] Can't open archive: C8804464
FSW DEBUG EXT= 1A04 RES=C8804464
FSW DEBUG EXT= 1A05 RES=00000000
[MAIN] Initializing game
[GAME] Initializing TextureManager
[GAME] TextureManager initialized
[GAME] Initializing FontManager
[DRAW] Loading texture map:
> romfs:/grafx/font/ctru.bim
[DRAW] Icon count: 1
[DRAW] 1 icons loaded
[FONT] Size: 8x8
[GAME] FontManager initialized
[GAME] Initializing SDMC
[GAME] Initializing savedata
EXT: 0000000000001A05
SAV: 00040000001A0500
FSV: 00000000
OpenSession error: C8804478
Checking NAND for lulz

- The application has crashed

Result: E0C046F8

Press a key to exit...
I'm guessing it's because I'm using Luma3DS, but I don't know.

You poor soul typed out the entire log, thank you!

Did you use this build? https://gbatemp.net/download/ocdm-old-legacy-build.33772/

Also, did you progress enough in the game to create a dummy level in your savegame? It can be anything, but you *have to* create a level and save it before you can use OCDM.

I'll look soon what those errors mean, it feels like those bugs should be fixed.

RengeLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You poor soul typed out the entire log, thank you!

Did you use this build? https://gbatemp.net/download/ocdm-old-legacy-build.33772/

Also, did you progress enough in the game to create a dummy level in your savegame? It can be anything, but you *have to* create a level and save it before you can use OCDM.

I'll look soon what those errors mean, it feels like those bugs should be fixed.
Yeah, I used that build.

I have a 5 year old or so savegame on my 3DS, but it somehow got unlinked, so I wanted to try to back them up. There are definitely levels saved on that card, and I didn't want to lose them. Thanks for replying!

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, I used that build.

I have a 5 year old or so savegame on my 3DS, but it somehow got unlinked, so I wanted to try to back them up. There are definitely levels saved on that card, and I didn't want to lose them. Thanks for replying!

Back them up using a normal save manager.

You need to back up both the normal save and the ExtData as well.

I'll try to figure something out in the meantime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o