Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

henry85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am getting "Network Error I/O Error" and cannot figure out what is wrong?

I downloaded a few games yesterday no problem but now I cant escape this message. I did some research but cant seem to find similar issue being discussed.

gustavo_margutti

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi I am getting "Network Error I/O Error" and cannot figure out what is wrong?

I downloaded a few games yesterday no problem but now I cant escape this message. I did some research but cant seem to find similar issue being discussed.
I’m getting that error too, i’ve seen other people talking about that, It looks like it is a problem with the servers.

Trophies
XP
I’m getting that error too, i’ve seen other people talking about that, It looks like it is a problem with the servers.

Most likely not a problem with the servers as other NUS tools work just fine. This means it's not a problem with the NUS but most likely either a problem with your internet, or your drive(s).

NUSspli relies on the Wii U's WiFi connection, which is notoriously known for being incredibly weak and unstable. This is a fault of the Wii U's bad design when it comes to networking, not the NUS servers, or NUSspli itself.

ukigh4ie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm using Pretendo + NUSspli on Aroma, too, without any issue.
So make sure your Aroma version is up to date (redownload from aroma.foryour.cafe and extract the files to your SD card overwriting existing ones). Also make sure you're using latest NUSspli version as well as newest inkay plugin.

In case that won't help show a screenshot of this, please:
It's all up to date.
IMG_20230803_160229.cleaned.jpg

After pressing OK the popup disapears, no password dialog and the console freezes. Only power cycle helps.

Last edited by ukigh4ie2,

JuanpySnake

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good people, I'm new to this, the nusspli was driving me crazy with a wifi error and a red screen, I found the solution so that they take it into account, I had the wiiu vertically and when I placed it horizontally that problem went away :) I only have tiramisu, do you recommend that I also install aroma?

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the wiiu vertically and when I placed it horizontally that problem went away :)
Wow, I knew the Wii Us WiFI was bad but that antenna polarity makes such a difference... Thanks a lot for telling this!

I only have tiramisu, do you recommend that I also install aroma?
I would recommend to at least try it. It's just a folder on the SD card, sitting beside Tiramisu, so easy to uninstall (just remove that folder from the SD card). And yea, it's a dual-boot setup with Tiramisu, using the same "bootloader" (PayloadLoader, the only thing Tiramisu/Aroma installs to NAND).

See: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/aroma/getting-started

Reactions: JuanpySnake

JuanpySnake

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Another query, among all the errors I had, I left some files downloaded without installing on the external hdd, how can I delete those files, or would I have to download the entire game?

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how can I delete those files
Via FTP. They are at one of these folders, depending where you downloaded to:
storage_usb/install/ (USB)
vol/external01/install/ (SD)
storage_mlc/install/ (NAND)

Aroma has the FTPiiU plugin which allows to have an FTP server running always in the background. Just don't forget to configure it to allow access to all storages (SD only by default). Tiramisu you'll need this: https://github.com/Laf111/WiiUFtpServer/releases

or would I have to download the entire game?
That works, too, but you also have to install it. So probably not what you want.

Reactions: JuanpySnake

JuanpySnake

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guau, sabía que el WiFI de Wii Us era malo, pero la polaridad de la antena hace una gran diferencia... ¡Muchas gracias por decir esto!
I read that it was a problem behind the wiiu or having something on top, but I had nothing just the Y cable, after touching everything I tried putting it horizontally and it was solved! I just downloaded my first heavy game with this excellent app, I already had several games but I downloaded them from the pc to the sd card, keep that in mind, thank you very much for creating this crack, big hug!

spectrum123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this mean that the NUSspli app will boot from Aroma? I get the unsupported error when I try to open it unless in tiramisu, and I’m much rather keep the console in aroma. Games play in both environments. Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding.

Glomgold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, just need a confirmation.

I'm in the process of installing Tiramisu. This means I can't use NUSspli-Lite since it's .wuhb? My options are channel or HBL?

Thank you for answer.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France

V10lator Hi! no way the Sd detection bug is solved in next version? it has appear since version 1.131.... How do you insert a video here to show the waiting bug?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mrmagicm Stop bashing my software, please. As told multiple times that bug is inside of Nintendos FAT driver. Don't like it? Don't use my software. Simple as that!
I know right !!
I don't know if I have before - But I'd just like to thank you for this amazing software.. It helped me Enjoy the system to the max !!

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As told multiple times that bug is inside of Nintendos FAT driver
Sorry it's the first time you've told me. I prefer using 1.130 in that case and recommend that version to persons who don't want to wait each time, I just don't understand why this version doesn't have the bug and the other version aftewards do, something that could be improved by Nintendo?....maybe you can give info why so they might realize? This software is so good, it can almost not be perfected.

leejaclane I can see you have the same waiting/freeze bug that I have when installing from sd. It does the same on another sd, so not sd related, try with the version I've indicated to try, anyway it's bearable even with this.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe you can give info why so they might realize?
It's the free-size check. Like NUSspli telly you how much free space you have left before downloading and refuses to download in case the space isn't sufficient to not fill it all up and then abort mid-downloading.

it's the first time you've told me.
Really? All of the following where replies to your questions about the same thing:
That's the Wii Us damn bad FAT driver
there where changes to I/O handling
it's the free size check. This starts when loading NUSspli and runs async in the background, needing around 30 seconds to complete (not our fault but Nintendo who didn't implement a free space map but calculate when needed. We already try to compensate with this do it early and do it async strategy). Normally you won't notice that but when you do actions needing to know the free size of the SD card before that async check completed you will note.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!