Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

Tinman710

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The writelock switch loves to move itself while beeing inserted into the Wii U and a tiny bit of movement is enough for the Wii U to detect the card as locked even while the switch looks to be in the unlocked position and your PC detects it as unlocked... The Wii Us card reader is designed pretty badly.

One of the tricks is to put a piece of tape over the switch, so the readers laser can't pass through even when the switch moves (yes, that switch isn't electrical but its state gets read by a laser).

I would say yes.
Anyway you could tag v10lator I was hopeing he could answer Im super new to this website

Trophies
XP
Will the server for nintendo being shut down effect nusspli

No. Even with the E-Shop going down, content will still be available to download if you have previously purchased it through the E-Shop. Guess what that means? It means the NUS Servers will still be up, and NUSSpli will continue to function as intended.

This has already been stated before, multiple times I might add.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
No. Even with the E-Shop going down, content will still be available to download if you have previously purchased it through the E-Shop. Guess what that means? It means the NUS Servers will still be up, and NUSSpli will continue to function as intended.

This has already been stated before, multiple times I might add.
From where do you have the Infos? Look what nintendo did with the 3ds. And why shouldn't nintendo put a stop to it? Because it looks weird when the eShop is down, but the people still continue using it. We have to wait for the "shutdown" to get more detailed information.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii eshop content can even still be redownloaded. I wouldn't worry about being locked out.
Post automatically merged:

Even if that were to happen, the wii, wiiu, and 3ds, most content has been preserved on two sites I can think of.

Reactions: Tinman710

michalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The writelock switch loves to move itself while beeing inserted into the Wii U and a tiny bit of movement is enough for the Wii U to detect the card as locked even while the switch looks to be in the unlocked position and your PC detects it as unlocked... The Wii Us card reader is designed pretty badly.

One of the tricks is to put a piece of tape over the switch, so the readers laser can't pass through even when the switch moves (yes, that switch isn't electrical but its state gets read by a laser).
I have done a small test:
- SD card was the whole time inside without touching/interruptions
- I have installed the game downloaded via other program, but the files were not deleted after installation
- then, I have downloaded (to SD) and installed the game via NUSSpli; the files were deleted after the installation

Based on this it seems strange the lock impacts deletion as card was not touched in between the tries.

Tinman710

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it shouldn't effect it? Did you pay for the entire library then link an account to a dedicated server cause I feel like the nintendo server shutting down will effect nusspli but I was asking incase there were preventive measures taken yet I haven't got a definitive answer from one of the I think 5 people that worked on nusspli that yes it will still work after the update or no it will not just link for references to nintendo like what's above or hearsay I couldn't find it stated anywhere im definitely sorry for asking its probably one of the more annoying questions

Trophies
XP
So it shouldn't effect it? Did you pay for the entire library then link an account to a dedicated server cause I feel like the nintendo server shutting down will effect nusspli but I was asking incase there were preventive measures taken yet I haven't got a definitive answer from one of the I think 5 people that worked on nusspli that yes it will still work after the update or no it will not just link for references to nintendo like what's above or hearsay I couldn't find it stated anywhere im definitely sorry for asking its probably one of the more annoying questions

Nintendo stated themselves that while you will not be able to Purchase content that you did not PREVIOUSLY own, the E-Shop will still allow you to REDOWNLOAD your content you already OWN. Which this means the NUS (Nintendo Update Servers) will still be up and active for NUSspli to pull from.

Like I said before, it will continue to work as intended. The shutdown will in no way affect NUSspli.

2023-01-09_19-32.png

Confirmed from their own Q&A, since both Content and Updates can still be downloaded through the E-Shop, that means we can still use NUS Tools.

Think of it this way, all the shutdown does is bar normal users out of the front-door of the E-Shop. But since the content isn't actually gone.. we can go in through the back-door and take it anyways.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it shouldn't effect it?
So what if it effects it? I mean is it really a big deal when the entire damn library is already on archive? Not to mention the unofficial none eshop ones. Personally, I pretty much have all the ones I want on my 1tb hdd.

Last edited by Ettino,
Trophies
XP
So what if it effects it? I mean is it really a bit deal when the entire damn library is already on archive? Not to mention the unofficial none eshop ones.

I think their main worry is that they want to be able to use it on the console to eliminate the PC as a Middle-Man. And part of the purpose of NUSspli was adding that level of simplicity. But generally, yeah I agree with you - but I also don't expect most people to bother learning how to do the un-intuitive methods of decrypting WUD / WUX files.

michalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a small question regarding latest version (1.126). Basically, the new update was detected and I pressed A to update. It resulted in an error the folder cannot be deleted. I checked the SD in the computer and all the program files in the folder were deleted (folder was empty - wiiu/apps/NUSSpli), just the folder left. Any idea why it happened? thank you!

michalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@michalt Check your SD card with https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Also note the exact error next time, please.
Thank you for the answer. The card passed OK (its a new Samsung endurance). I don't recall the exact error (sorry; next time), but it was about it cannot delete the folder, and indeed all files were deleted but folder was left empty.

Another set of findings (1.126):
- I installed a game downloaded via other program and it deleted the source from the SD after installation. Then, I started to install another game and the program stuck at 100% (only reboot helped). I am almost sure it got stuck on deletion part as I checked the content on the computer and the game was half deleted.

Last edited by michalt,

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @V10lator. Just to let you know. I just updated to the latest Aroma, beta 10b, and I'm still having issues with NUSspil updating itself. I have version 1.125 and I get a "Error removing file: Not found" red screen message. This update feature has never worked for me, but since I updated Aroma today I thought I'd mention it. Thanks.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh is that it? The though behind it is that I'm keeping copies of NUSspli for both Tiramisu and Aroma in the same folder, just to keep things organized. I can move it to the apps folder, but maybe you could consider having the next version look in both places?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...