Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Animage55 Do you remember the version you updated from?

Other than that try to update Tiramisu (redownload from https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe and extract the files to the SD card, overwriting existing ones). Normally it should show an error in case Tiramisu is out of date but there seems to be some issue with this currently.

In case this also doesn't help do not use HBL Channel but the one injected into Mii Maker (reboot your Wii U and go straight to Mii Maker without opening any other app before, then try to start NUSspli from this HBL). Reason for this is that HBL Channel does an IOSU exploit but this overwrites parts of Tiramisu, creating the weirdest issues. Rule of thumb is to not use any apps which do own IOSU exploits (this is true for any CFW, Tiramisu just seem to be more sensitive to this than previous CFWs).

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Animage55 Do you remember the version you updated from?

Other than that try to update Tiramisu (redownload from https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe and extract the files to the SD card, overwriting existing ones). Normally it should show an error in case Tiramisu is out of date but there seems to be some issue with this currently.

In case this also doesn't help do not use HBL Channel but the one injected into Mii Maker (reboot your Wii U and go straight to Mii Maker without opening any other app before, then try to start NUSspli from this HBL). Reason for this is that HBL Channel does an IOSU exploit but this overwrites parts of Tiramisu, creating the weirdest issues. Rule of thumb is to not use any apps which do own IOSU exploits (this is true for any CFW, Tiramisu just seem to be more sensitive to this than previous CFWs).
Updating tiramisu fixed it thanks. Yeah its weird I got no specific update tiramisu error. Unfortunately I didnt pay attention to what version i originally had. I just remember it was a link via the comment section (i think from xploitu?) with updates after nusspli originally lost support instead of the op.

Last edited by Animage55,

MisterCirby1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just have one question, when i downloaded twilight princess there appears a new folder in the wup installer gx
is that normal? is it safe to delete the files in there and won´t interfere with the game which is installed now in the usb or nand?
sorry for my wording in case, i just have questions

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
read only filesystem
Unlock your SD card:
1671385034394.png

i just have one question, when i downloaded twilight princess there appears a new folder in the wup installer gx
is that normal? is it safe to delete the files in there and won´t interfere with the game which is installed now in the usb or nand?
sorry for my wording in case, i just have questions
When downloading to SD NUSspli uses the install folder which WUP Installer uses, too, for backward compatibility with it. So yea, it's save to remove that.
Also next time choose "no" to the "keep downloaded files" question. That way NUSspli will delete them after installing.

Reactions: godreborn

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did unlock but it still gives me an error
This little switch lovess to move itself while beeing inserted into the Wii U. It just moves a tiny bit to the lock position, so still looks unlocked but the movement is enough for the Wii U to detect it as locked.
So put the card out, move the switch to locked position, then back to unlocked and then carefully insert the card back into the Wii U. When it doesn't go in smoothly the switch most likely moved itself again.

//EDIT: Or try to put a piece ot tape over the switch. There's a laser reading the switches position, so you just need to block that laser with the tape.

//EDIT²: Like the Wii U should take this as not-locked card and it should be impossible to lock by accident:
IMG_20221220_110908.jpg
IMG_20221220_110900.jpg

//EDIT³: And in case that won't help, too, please tell us exactly what you try to do when the error happens as I just assume you're trying to download to SD but it might also be the USB drive (dying USB stick, for example).

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: Blythe93

NotNebbyPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This little switch lovess to move itself while beeing inserted into the Wii U. It just moves a tiny bit to the lock position, so still looks unlocked but the movement is enough for the Wii U to detect it as locked.
So put the card out, move the switch to locked position, then back to unlocked and then carefully insert the card back into the Wii U. When it doesn't go in smoothly the switch most likely moved itself again.

//EDIT: Or try to put a piece ot tape over the switch. There's a laser reading the switches position, so you just need to block that laser with the tape.

//EDIT²: Like the Wii U should take this as not-locked card and it should be impossible to lock by accident:
View attachment 343567View attachment 343568

//EDIT³: And in case that won't help, too, please tell us exactly what you try to do when the error happens as I just assume you're trying to download to SD but it might also be the USB drive (dying USB stick, for example).
I used the tape method and It worked. Thank You!

michalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi All! I have a short question. If I “download only” to USB and afterwards install with “keep downloaded files” the downloaded files are still stored on usb? How can I delete them?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really know why there's an option to keep downloaded files actually, seems strange to download and not install right away. I guess this is like the switch too, where you much have double the size of the game you want to install available so that you can store and install before it's deletion is that right?

This is a handy tool actually, I'll probably use it to download games and then dump them from my HDD to use on CEMU too!

How do we use this whilst still blocking Nintendo Update servers? or is this irrelevant now since the WiiU is 'dead' to Nintendo? Suppose there was an update in August though ahaha

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@michalt You can't keep downloaded files on USB (that option is grayed out / stuck on "no" for a reason).

//EDIT:
I don't really know why there's an option to keep downloaded files actually
Cause there are people who want to backup the downloaded files.
How do we use this whilst still blocking Nintendo Update servers?
You're mixing up things here. The DNS block for system updates is not interferring with game downloads in any way (also the DNS block is obsolete with things like UFDiine).

Last edited by V10lator,

michalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@michalt You can't keep downloaded files on USB (that option is grayed out / stuck on "no" for a reason).

Thank you for the answer. When I select "install" option then indeed the option to keep files on USB is grayed out, but if I select "download only" then the option to keep files on USB is on. I assume once you use "install" option then it will always delete the downloaded source after installation, right?

Reactions: CrazySquid

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the answer. When I select "install" option then indeed the option to keep files on USB is grayed out, but if I select "download only" then the option to keep files on USB is on.
Of course the option is on when you download only. Would be completely useless to download files and remove them without doing anything other, no?
Anyway when you download them only to USB, then go back to the main menu, then select the "Install content" option and select the previosuly downloaded files it should be grayed out again:
IMG_20221221_124213.jpg

Now in case you download something to USB and want to delete it without installing (why?!?) use FTP to delete the files. They are at storage_usb:/install/.

michalt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course the option is on when you download only. Would be completely useless to download files and remove them without doing anything other, no?
Anyway when you download them only to USB, then go back to the main menu, then select the "Install content" option and select the previosuly downloaded files it should be grayed out again:
View attachment 343699

Now in case you download something to USB and want to delete it without installing (why?!?) use FTP to delete the files. They are at storage_usb:/install/.
Thank you for your answer. Indeed, I got a bit confused ;-) Your software is superb!

MisterCirby1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlock your SD card:
View attachment 343331

When downloading to SD NUSspli uses the install folder which WUP Installer uses, too, for backward compatibility with it. So yea, it's save to remove that.
Also next time choose "no" to the "keep downloaded files" question. That way NUSspli will delete them after installing.
so now that am gonna buy a hard disk, will it creates the folders in there too? also thanks for answering i appreciate it a lot, this xmas i bought some tools to begin to play some great gems on my ol wii u
and also thanks for telling me about the "no"

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so now that am gonna buy a hard disk, will it creates the folders in there too? also thanks for answering i appreciate it a lot, this xmas i bought some tools to begin to play some great gems on my ol wii u
and also thanks for telling me about the "no"
if you mean what I think you mean, then yes. the wiiu will make you format the drive, so make sure there's nothing important on the drive as it will do the entire drive. also, I think it only supports up to 2TB on the wiiu side.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so now that am gonna buy a hard disk, will it creates the folders in there too?
Yes, it will create an install folder on the Wii U formatted USB drive when you download to it. Downloaded files will get deleted while they are getting installed, so don't worry about that. :)

Last edited by V10lator,

Razzling

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! Sorry if this is hidden somewhere in the 55 pages of posts, but I recently jailbroke and installed NUSspli on my Wii U, by following the guide on Wiiu(dot)hacks(dot)guide using Tiramisu, and then later installed Aroma to use with NUSspli, and I thought it was fully working fine, I had went in and downloaded DLC for the two purchased WiiU games on my system already (Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8) and while they both downloaded without a hitch and 0 error messages, as soon as I try to now open the games I get a pop up saying the DLC files are corrupted and I have to delete them, is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: It was a Sigpatch issue, while I had it installed for Tiramisu I forgot to properly put it into place for Armoa, so simply restarting my Wii U and booting it through Tira made all my installs work properly. :)

Last edited by Razzling,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o