ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 733,264
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps I'm just using it wrong, but when I add the update file to the base game, it just seems like it packs it inside, instead of replacing the base game files with the updated versions... wasting a shitload of space. Can anyone tell me how to do this properly? My base games are XCI files, updates are NSP.

Moko

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
start nscb.bat
2 -> ENTER
drop base.xci -> ENTER
drop update.nsp -> ENTER
1 -> ENTER
2 -> ENTER
0 (when not required) -> ENTER
1 -> ENTER
wait...

Last edited by Moko,

Corgano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using the latest version to rename files, and It's failing on some of the files. Is there any kind of log i can go back through and see which files it's failing on?

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by satelman,

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi all , wondering if anyone can help? , i patched streets of rage 4 to lower firmware 8.0.1, game loads , but still stuck on loading screen afterwards. any help? thanks

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
does anyone know how to dump a xci_header_key as its not in a prod.keys?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hi all , wondering if anyone can help? , i patched streets of rage 4 to lower firmware 8.0.1, game loads , but still stuck on loading screen afterwards. any help? thanks

firmware required isn't perfect and doesn't always work I would update to at least 9.0.1 for this game or more recent ones

Reactions: litlnicky

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hiy
does anyone know how to dump a xci_header_key as its not in a prod.keys?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

firmware required isn't perfect and doesn't always work I would update to at least 9.0.1 for this game or more recent ones
a, yep i upgraded firmware , now working fine , thankss

AngelDavil88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@JRoad Hi, i have a problem with nsc builder 0.98b: I join the base game xci (clean) + update nsp (clean) = custom xci (conversion successful). I check the cxci just created with the "File info" option and it gives me "Failed to decrypt nca header" error.

I repeat for the second time (sometimes even three times in a row) the same union procedure (base + update) of the same game, I always check with the "File info" option and this time he can read it perfectly giving me all the info.

Where is the problem? Why do I have to do the same procedure more than once for the cxci verification to be successful?

Eritrium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Someone can explain clearly how to make xci work with lower firmware?im on 9.0 and don't want update for next big release like TW101 or XCDE

Moko

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first you should look, to which firmware the game can be patched:
start nscb.bat
4 -> ENTER
drop base.xci -> ENTER
4 -> ENTER

then

start nscb.bat
2 -> ENTER
drop base.xci -> ENTER
if you have an update: drop update.nsp -> ENTER
1 -> ENTER
2 -> ENTER
1 -> ENTER
10 -> ENTER or which firmware version you want..
1 -> ENTER
wait...

Last edited by Moko,
Reactions: lordelan

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I follow Jroad a few places and used to chat with him and do some testing.... and haven’t seen him forever anywhere. Hope he is okay, especially worrying with everything going on in the world. Was just coming here to see if maybe he posted. :(

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I follow Jroad a few places and used to chat with him and do some testing.... and haven’t seen him forever anywhere. Hope he is okay, especially worrying with everything going on in the world. Was just coming here to see if maybe he posted. :(

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Now this is worrying.

He was logged on to Github on May 13th

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to convert the new Mortal Kombat Aftermath with Mortal Kombat 11 + updates + dlc to XCI. When I try to launch the XCI from SXOS it says "The game card could not be read, please remove and reinsert it" I am on 10.0.2 firmware. Am I missing a key?

Last edited by Jayinem81,
D

Deleted User

hi. I am sorry to bother you. Is the file limit still 32gb? Is there any chance of increasing this? I hope you are well. Be safe.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's actually like 29.6 or something like that thats why I couldn't do MK11 + Aftermath +all.
Oh that means we can't join everything of MK11 (base, updates, dlcs) into one XCI yet?

Edit: Another question: Is NSC Builder able to build XCZ files now and if yes, is it the best tool to do it or should I build an XCI file only and compress it with another tool?

Last edited by lordelan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month