1. Moko

Moko GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Yes, select 8 in the mainmenu.

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    So yes, it's as good as nicoboss's tool in compressing to XCZ-files?

3. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

The reason you can't have XCI files bigger than 32GB is nothing to do with NSCBuilder or SX OS, it's that the real retail cartridge would need to be a 64GB cartridge and those don't exist yet, Nintendo haven't made any. So the Switch won't allow an XCI that's essentially emulating a 64GB cartridge.

4. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I understand sir but I do believe that soon we will see a 64gb cartridge being released...

5. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I am going to have to try this compression with MK11 when I get a chance.

Last edited by Jayinem81, May 29, 2020
    lordelan likes this.
  6. markmcrobie

IIRC XCZ files only help with reducing storage, they still need to be uncompressed to full size to play

7. Jayinem81

United States
    That sucks, is it possible to install the base game to nand, and make an XCI of just the update + dlcs for external hard drive? Or does the external hard drive have to have the base game? I don't have 25 gb to install the update to nand.

8. markmcrobie

I *think* that would work. NSCB certainly lets you make an XCI of just update and/or DLC data. Whether SX OS/Switch will load it, I don't know. Easy to try I guess.

9. Jayinem81

United States
    Gonna try it now and will report back.

10. Jayinem81

United States
    It doesn't work.

11. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Hello. I'm trying to use NSC_Builder for the 1st time. Machine is a updated windows 10 x64. When I try to use the 1st or 2nd option of NSCB.bat the screen will redraw the options screen and scroll it indefinitely. When I try dragging and dropping any nsp or dir it shows the success screen but I can't find any converted file.

EDIT: I'm using the x64 binary version.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, May 30, 2020
  12. Jayinem81

United States
    Did you look in output folder? If it's not there it isn't working.

Last edited by Jayinem81, May 30, 2020
  13. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    I know already that it isn't working. I'm asking for help to make it work.

EDIT: I got the python version (using with 3.7.1 python).
    Seems to fare better now. However I'm having trouble to convert the base games (I'm dumping them using tinfoil, running SX OS 2.9.5 beta, sysnand fw 10.0.2).
    It launches an exception when it seems to try to recover info form the nsp header. Then skips the base game convertion and try to convert the dlc/updates.

EDIT 2: I'm trying to convert some massive games that I'll mainly play docked from installed to XCI. I dunno if the integrated tinfoil nsp dumper is to blame or if the nsp I've downloaded through tinfoil have wrong header.

EDIT 3: Used https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/releases to dump the nsp, then Python version of nsc_builder. The last problem is with the FAT32 settings. If I generate a XCI without splitting (default file settings) it will load on SX Menu. But I want to try using splitted XCI, if I generate a game with updates/dlcs and turn file splitting it won't even load the game on switch home menu menu.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, May 30, 2020
  14. nex86

nex86 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    getting these errors when trying to decompress NSZ. any idea?

Code:
     File "squirrel.py", line 2789, in <module>
      File "lib\decompressor.py", line 101, in decompress_nsz
      File "Fs\Nsp.py", line 9775, in decompress_direct
      File "Fs\Nsp.py", line 9575, in get_data_from_cnmt
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'titleid' referenced before assignment
    [17728] Failed to execute script squirrel
    STILL 0 FILES TO PROCESS
    ---------------------------------------------------
    *********** ALL FILES WERE PROCESSED! *************
    ---------------------------------------------------

15. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    The problem with nscbuilder that many people here are experiencing (sxos reading / install errors) is being caused by @DarkMatterCore NXDumptool. I and @DarkMatterCore working it out and soon release an update we have an idea what it is..

in the meantime, a workaround is to used hactool to unpack a dumped nsp and repack it again to nsp. then use the repacked nsps files to combine with nscbuilder to a xci/nsp file

hactool instructions
    hactoolnet -t pfs0 [nsp file] --outdir [unpacked nsp dir]

Go into the unpacked NSP dir and delete all XMLs and JGPs

hactoolnet -t pfsbuild [unpacked nsp dir] --outfile [new nsp file]

if you have sxos you can just use sxdumper and it should be fine

Last edited by pcwizard7, Jun 6, 2020
    lordelan likes this.
  16. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    It's not being caused by nxdumptool at all... The code changes from the custom build I'm preparing won't be part of the public repository - they break the reproduction of the AuthoringTool format I'm trying to maintain.

The fact that a simple repack fixes this issue is what makes me think NSC_Builder does something differently when dealing with nxdumptool NSPs. Other tools and programs work fine with these dumps.

I'm willing to release a custom build with the necessary changes to make NSC_Builder XCI generation work properly, but I won't be maintaining it. This will only be temporary.

@JRoad I tried commenting out all XML/JPG generation and added PFS0 header aligning to a 0x20-byte boundary, just to see if it made any difference, but the generated XCIs using these new NSP dumps were still failing (even though their size is an exact match of the repacks created by hactoolnet).

I suspect file order detection/handling is at fault here. NCAs, ticket and cert are all identical to the ones from SXDumper NSPs, only the file order is different.

nxdumptool saves NCAs first (same order from the CNMT), then the CNMT NCA, then the ticket and finally the cert.

Please take a look at the currently opened issue if you wish to know more about our findings: https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/issues/59.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore, Jun 6, 2020
  17. pcwizard7

Australia
    I didn't mean to say NXDumptool is at fault just the way nxdumptools order things is different to nsc builder and if a repack from hactool fixes the issue means it too uses the same order if they both doing it wrong fine

I personally would like to see this as an optional setting toggle if @JRoad can't be contacted and corrected

thanks

18. darro87

darro87 Member
    Newcomer

Chad
    Hi.

Can anyone advise on why some of my NSPs compress fine while others compress to 1KB. Seems like all files belonging to certain games (DLC, UPDATE, BASE) get output as 1KB. I read through this thread as best I could but did not find a solution to this. I did try adding the master_key_010 line as suggested for other issues, but this didn't have any impact on my issue.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!

19. pcwizard7

Australia
    are you mistakenly grabbing the files in batchprocess folder in nxdumptool/nsp/

20. darro87

darro87 Member
    Newcomer

Chad
    HI. Not sure what you mean. This is the first time I'm using this app. I used option 8, dragged an entire folder of nsp files into it and it successfully processed most of the files, but some just defaulted to 1kb. I went ahead and manually dragged a few of the original nsp files that did this and it always resulted in the same 1kb files.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Game+updates+dlc, NSC_Builder, Nintendo