Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

endlesswar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rats.

so I just tried the fat32 partition thing again with usbloadergsx.

i formatted the drive again, which allegedly contains a single partition that is roughly 500gb, and is in the fat32 format. I then used wiijmanager v0.8 to copy/convert my ISO of new super mario bros into a folder titled WBFS. I then moved the external hard drive into the correct port, opened the homebrew channel, launched usbloadergx, and am hanging at the 'initialize usb device' screen. when i instead try to use wiiflow I get the launch screen (the little video and all) but once I try to start the game it again hangs. neogamma hangs when I select to mount the WBFS. I guess the one other relevant piece of info is the WD harddrive I use (which is the one I used to use as well) has a display light that moves when the drive is loading: when the wii hangs the hard drive also displays no activity. It basically flashes once and then the wii is basically ignoring it.

Maybe there just isn't a workaround sans a windows environment...

USB Lo
If you're using a Mac make sure the drive is MBR/FAT32 and not GPT. Mac OS likes to make everything GPT. It also likes to add hidden system partitions that interfere with backup loaders.

So I actually have at least temporarily gotten it to work (I only have one game on there at the moment and don't want to jinx it before I beat it!): I used GUID partition map and FAT32, and only configurable usb loader seems to work. The harddrive also can't be plugged into the wii before the wii is booted up. I have no idea why or how this is the case.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means the drive/enclosure isn't getting initialized. It may not be compatible. Keep in mind that neither the HBC or cIOSes are not compatible with GPT so you may only be able to get Nintendont to run Gamecube games on it.

endlesswar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means the drive/enclosure isn't getting initialized. It may not be compatible. Keep in mind that neither the HBC or cIOSes are not compatible with GPT so you may only be able to get Nintendont to run Gamecube games on it.
I think it has to be something related to the formatting though (the lack of initialization) because when it was formatted via pc it worked totally fine.

ThunderBlade7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with usb loader gx
I have USB Loader GX (r1262) on my wii and I have a 32 GB Flash Drive that I use for games. I quickly realized that I needed another one for all my games because I was tired of moving backups on and of everytime I wanted to play a different game.
I got a new USB, the exact same kind that worked before, plugged it into my computer, and formatted it to FAT32. I put some games on it and plugged it into my wii in port 0. It loads it until it comes up to Mounting USB to port 1. It doesnt do that with my other USB but it does with the new one. Ive tried running it on IOS 249 and 250 and it still wont load. I dont know what im doing wrong. Ill post a syscheck here:

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 144878641
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 122 titles.
Found 47 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 06/06/2017.

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total n00b here. I have modded androids PCs all kinds of ECU mods for vehicles and now I am wanting to mod my Wii. I tried the please.hackmi. site but it's a dead end. I then stumbled on this site and ModMii 4.0
I want to thank the mods and contributors for all the valuable info on this site.
Starting on a virgin Wii I belive it to be a first gen, with 4.3u. What do I need to have in order to play rips of my kids games on my Wii? I get them every weekend and all summer, but it's. A hour and a half drive across town for them to trade games at home. I just want to rip a few games to a thumb and I want to dive into the whole HomeBrew scene. I have a basic understanding of programing and code but since I can't access the deep OS in the Wii I am at a loss as to what to do next. I have a 16gig micro SD wih adapter for usb and full size readers. Will that work? Will I need to create a 2g partition ongh eatd for the wi or will it read it as is?
Thanx for any and all help.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total n00b here. I have modded androids PCs all kinds of ECU mods for vehicles and now I am wanting to mod my Wii. I tried the please.hackmi. site but it's a dead end. I then stumbled on this site and ModMii 4.0
I want to thank the mods and contributors for all the valuable info on this site.
Starting on a virgin Wii I belive it to be a first gen, with 4.3u. What do I need to have in order to play rips of my kids games on my Wii? I get them every weekend and all summer, but it's. A hour and a half drive across town for them to trade games at home. I just want to rip a few games to a thumb and I want to dive into the whole HomeBrew scene. I have a basic understanding of programing and code but since I can't access the deep OS in the Wii I am at a loss as to what to do next. I have a 16gig micro SD wih adapter for usb and full size readers. Will that work? Will I need to create a 2g partition ongh eatd for the wi or will it read it as is?
Thanx for any and all help.
Give This a Shot:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/setmiiup-from-stock-to-latest-softmod-in-less-then-5-10-minutes.459416/

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont suppose this can all be downloaded from the Wii console or an Android to the card? My winxp is a dinosaur that hates to download.
Thanx for the tip.

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows XP do work, and the files are not really that big.
Sorry, tried to reply from the Wii.
I figured I would have to dust off the ancient Dell from he!!. Was just hoping there was an app for rooted Android that would patch an ability to write the FAT partition on the SD .
Thank you for all the help.
I have one more question. I have two Wii consoles. One will do the internet channel just fine. The other will go to the shop channel but will not download the internet channel. Or any other download.... They are both running 4.3U SM and bog are I believe first gen...
When attempptihto Dow load the other will go so far and throw a generic I ternet error code or a generic memory code. I reformatted the Wii and sheeped out and allows it to update but I was already at 4.3 so no real update.. However it will still not Dow load the channel or any games. Any avic eon thta?

Last edited by KyBluz,

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grrrrrrrr.....(swear incessantly under breath)
Well, I dug out the Dell from he!! And downloaded everything Modmii wanted to for my situation, placed everything on my SD card, and the Wii can't see anything on the card. I transfered some channels from the Wii to the card to be sure the Wii can use my particular SD card and it did that fine. Loads and plays channels on the card flawlessly.
But still does not see Modmii priiloader or any .dol .elf files.
Have I performed a brain reduction on myself and missed an obvious simple or simple step or what?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD card must be MBR/FAT32. Apps must go in an /apps/ folder in a subfolder. (i.e.: /apps/fartknocker/)

Priiloader only uses the SD card to install the hacks_hash file and whatever dol file you want to install to it to run at boot.
Modmii doesn't run on the Wii at all. Anything it downloads should be copied to SD or USB depending on which folder it puts it in.

Be warned: a USB thumb flash drive may not work on the Wii. They're very flaky about that. A physical HDD is best.

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a brain fart on the mod mii thing as it clearly says Modmii for WINDOWS....duh on my end.
The card is FAT32 and all files downloaded through Modmii are in the apps folder of the card. Thanx for a speedy reply...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure it is MBR, not GPT. The FAT32 partition (if it's not the only one) needs to be the first one on the disc to get the HBC to see it, too.

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just can't figure what I have done/am doing wrong here.
My SD card loks like this in Windows
APPS
private
MMMconfig(text doc)
However in the Wii the only thing I see us the channels. And I've lost those once by moving crap around...

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did find the issue, and I cannot do a dang thing about it.
Every time I try to " generate the exploit" it fails to download the needed files. Guess I will not be modding a Wii.
Does anyone else know where I can download the exploit?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Everything else downloads fine. When I try to generate the exploit it gives me an error saying something about the cam mention this sourceforge or something like that.
So far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing I can do untill I can get those files to build the letterbomb.
Edit:
Well, I got it to work, opened up priiloader blocked updates and that's as far as I got before the lights went out in my neighborhood.....
Now the Wii will boot to a black screen with the 4.3u in the bottom right corner. That's as far as it goes. I was working my way through priiloader and getting ready to dump the memory....guess I should have left well enough alone. I can't even boot to priiloader. Turning on the Wii with the card out gives the same results.

Last edited by KyBluz,

KyBluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Site was down a few days ago. I will try again though. Thanks for the help and for NOT being a douche. I know I have a ton of questions and have most likely tripped on my own feet throughout this entire ordeal.

EDIT: The site is still down. After entering my MAC the buttons are dark and inactive. That was the very first thing I tried a couple days ago. Another edit....

Well, I've done it. Thanks to the fine coders and admin of this site. It's modded. I can't get bootmii to load it just hangs. I think I can get away without it as long as I don't do any more mods....
Was wondering too if there was ANY way ( no matter how obscure or archaic) to rip a game of mine to the SD card an dplay it from there. I have a scratch on my NFS and I sooooo want to play it. I don't have a seperate USB drive so I need to try to find a way to put either the ISO or the.wbfs files s on the SD card and load them with either cfg or equivalent....
Thanx again for the help.
This is a new question but still related. I didn't want to " double epost so I added it here Hope thats alright.
Is there a faster tool for dumping woi discs than CleanRip? My NFS game is saying it will take an additional 4:26:20 to rip. I know I should be able to load the game from the SD afterwards and that's what I am after. But my biggest reason for moddi in the first place was a way to play the Wii games that we have bought without the physical discs. However if it is gin to take almost 6 hours to rip a single game I may need to rethink things.....
I have gotten the Hbb and hbc as well as several other files downloaded for the Wii. It's actually surprising how much can be done wth these things.
Now, to find a suitable emulator to play Myst and Riven : )

Last edited by KyBluz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D