Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

LeafAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you compile and install the open source Homebrew Channel both on Original Wii and vWii (which is on the Wii U)?

Hey, I'm using Windows 10 and I just found out about an open-source version of the homebrew channel. I downloaded it and extracted it. The README on fail0verflow's (https://github.com/fail0verflow/hbc) says that I need to execute the 'make' command on Wiipax first and then in the channel. So I tried Wiipax and it returned me with an error:

"/bin/sh: gcc: command not found
make[1]: *** [LzFind.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/taimu/Desktop/hbc-master/wiipa...
"make": *** [all] Error 2"

It also says "You'll need the Wii common key installed as ~/.wii/common-key."

So, how do I 'install it as ~/.wii/common-key'?

Even though I used homebrew since 2012, I am still a complete noob at it, so return me with a complete and noob-friendly answer and explanation.

Thank you!

JordanB500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if this counts as a n00b question or not but i have usbloader gx and it is configured to run gc games thru nintendont but i have a codes folder on my sd card and my usb that have the same codes but im wondering which one does it load from? any ideas my sd card is nearly full and i want to know if i can delete one of them(obviously i could delete each folder sperately to determine that but i dont like to constantly have to modify my sd card to do so)

Lyndak7302

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the Noob Paradise!

Please keep all noob questions in this topic. Thanks!

Some useful links:
* http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below
* http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows
* http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/
* http://wiibrew.org

Read those before modding!

Hello I modded my wii and now on skyward sword the controller continually malfunctions so I end up running in circles and so on. would anyone know how to fix this? Id appreciate the help

AlanRN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello ppl!
I am noob on hacking Wii, and I have a question. I used the ModMii to install almost all features, and now I installed the Pimp My Wii, in this afternoon I am going to Install/Hack with to Pimp My Wii tool. But yesterday I installed the USB Loader GX and when tried to use it, but it loads, and turn back to the Wii menu. What's wrong?

PS.: My pendrive is WBFS format, and I added the game using the proper software.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think this isn't the correct place to ask this, but I can't find a good place so...
If someone knows a better place please let me know.

I'm interested in what would be some fun places to explore in Super Mario Galaxy with infinite fly hack?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think this isn't the correct place to ask this, but I can't find a good place so...
If someone knows a better place please let me know.

I'm interested in what would be some fun places to explore in Super Mario Galaxy with infinite fly hack?
Just about anywhere can be fun, but maybe try Toy Time Galaxy? I forgot the best places because I haven't played it a while and have been playing SMG2 mostly.

LadyC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have homebrew channel on my wii already I believe I soft modded several years ago. I added games to my hdd and some show up on my usb loader gx and act like they are going to play then the screen goes blank. I am trying to figure out how to fix it. I have searched the web and believe I have a out dated usb loader gx and need to know what to do to update it if I can. I have already tried to link my wii to the internet and update but it says it is. It's version 3.0 like 240 or something. Can someone please help me? I do want to add that I kinda need a step by step because I see other answers and I tried to update my older usb loader and it didn't work. I don't know where to put a wad or app and what all I actually need. So I really need it broken down or a place that has it step by step. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by LadyC,

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have homebrew channel on my wii already I believe I soft modded several years ago. I added games to my hdd and some show up on my usb loader gx and act like they are going to play then the screen goes blank. I am trying to figure out how to fix it. I have searched the web and believe I have a out dated usb loader gx and need to know what to do to update it if I can. I have already tried to link my wii to the internet and update but it says it is. It's version 3.0 like 240 or something. Can someone please help me? I do want to add that I kinda need a step by step because I see other answers and I tried to update my older usb loader and it didn't work. I don't know where to put a wad or app and what all I actually need. So I really need it broken down or a place that has it step by step. Thank you in advance.
A lot of people who are using FLASH DRIVES instead of actual USB hard-drives have this problem. It is HIGHLY ill-advised to continue using a flash drive, because they aren't designed for games to be installed on. They're for simple reading/writing operations only. USB-loading ISOs will wear-and-tear your flash drive very, very quickly.

If you're using an actual hard drive, try updating your cIOSes with ModMii, and/or use a different USB loader. Some USB loaders work better with some drives than others, not sure why...that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading from flash memory doesn't wear it out. Lots of write cycles with no wear leveling will. :)

I'm not 100% sure what the Wii's problem with flash drives is. My guess is the EHCI modules in the IOSes don't support something that a flash drive needs. If you can find one that acts as a mass storage device rather than a removable drive it would probably work fine but those are a lot more expensive.

You can try this method and see if it makes the drive work any better: https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/2z1ei5/usb_loader_gx_freezes_or_hangs_at_initialize_usb/

Make sure you get the 32-bit BootIce rather than 64-bit one as the latter doesn't seem to have the alignment option.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to get Gamecube, SNES, NES and GBA games to show up on Wiiflow but currently only GBA and Wii show up.. I have the apps for Nintendont, snes9xgx, vbagx and fceuxgx on my Homebrew channel aswell as forwarders and they all play the games perfectly on their respective emulators but from Wiiflow they dont show up at all (besides GBA)

is there a guide somewhere as to where to put the cover arts and games aswell as how to get all your games showing up on wiiflow?

also does anyone know where to download Abz Masterpiece Pack? all the download links ive found no longer work and apparently it has all the plugins i need.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Gamecube, SNES, NES and GBA games to show up on Wiiflow but currently only GBA and Wii show up.. I have the apps for Nintendont, snes9xgx, vbagx and fceuxgx on my Homebrew channel aswell as forwarders and they all play the games perfectly on their respective emulators but from Wiiflow they dont show up at all (besides GBA)

is there a guide somewhere as to where to put the cover arts and games aswell as how to get all your games showing up on wiiflow?

also does anyone know where to download Abz Masterpiece Pack? all the download links ive found no longer work and apparently it has all the plugins i need.
Here's a download for it that should work. http://www.mediafire.com/download/3...4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full_2016.7z/

Reactions: DerekGeneric831

JordanB500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im trying to figure out why my wii system menu doesnt show up i went into priiloader and tried the option uninstall priiloader and install system menu but when i do so i get the error es_identify(idk the exact error) i tried using startpatch and idk what to do i can access everything via bootmii but anything other then the homebrew channel does not work i thought maybe it was cuz i removed priiloader thinking it was no longer needed i also had dopmii etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1