Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

secretclean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit2: Making 4 tinier nands fixed it. Using uneek because SD card is too small for sneek.

Hey, I made nands sorted by platform on my USB drive but I can only get the first one (Arcade) to load. How do you choose which nand you want to load up? Like is there a mod or channel that lets you pick? And can it only load as many games as will fit on the Home Menu? I split the WiiWare games into two folders, so they each have 176 games in them lol...

I have the following nands on my USB:

pl_us = Arcade
pl_us1 = Commodore 64
pl_us2 = Neo Geo
pl_us3 = N64
pl_us4 = NES
pl_us5 = Sega Genesis
pl_us6 = Sega Master System
pl_us7 = SNES
pl_us8 = Turbografx
pl_us9 = WiiWare Part 1
pl_us10 = WiiWare Part 2

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey, I made nands sorted by platform on my USB drive but I can only get the first one (Arcade) to load. How do you choose which nand you want to load up? Like is there a mod or channel that lets you pick? And can it only load as many games as will fit on the Home Menu? I split the WiiWare games into two folders, so they each have 176 games in them lol...

If you are using Neek2o you have a choice in the overlay menu that lets you change the emu nand to use with. In addition, you can load more games than which can be seen in the "Home Menu" if you install Snort48+ in the emu nand.

KaneStaff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I am currently trying to follow the guide here to use SSBM with codes: http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-gecko-codes-guide-and-discussion.327311/

I have a problem installing MIOS. When I install MIOS, it says the following:

ES_AddTitleStart returned: -2011
You may need to use an IOS with trucha bug.
Up to system menu 4.2, you can get one with Trucha Bug Restorer.
MIOS installation failed.

The IOS MIOS shows at the top right is IOS36 (Rev 3608). I used the IOS236 installer, and it followed through. I tried using the Trucha Bug Restorer. That failed at Downgrade IOS15. I tried running Gecko without MIOS. The codes did not work. I don't understand what I am supposed to do.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you.

secretclean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys...sooo, I'm looking for more help.

Decided to stop using Neek2o and instead use USB Loader GX to pick from the 800+ games on WiiWare/VC in one big list. I used ShowMiiWads to extract them to a NAND which I set to load under "Custom Path" option in USB Loader GX, and the program works and my games are displayed and all, but I just get a blank screen when I choose a game. The console flashes blue once, meaning an error occurred. I tried Mario Party 2, Mario Kart, and Mario Tennis. The WADs are fine since I have used MMM to install them on the realNAND before and played them that way, but why won't they work now? Did I screw something up in ShowMiiWads?

Under View, I have "ShowMiiNand" then I went to Options and chose "Choose NAND Path" and chose the NAND I made with ModMii, then I dragged and dropped the files I wanted to install and clicked Install. I don't know why the games aren't working. :(

nmhbm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I am having some really annoying delays with my wii.

Whatever game i load from my usbloader i get a ~½-1 sec delay from pressing a button to actually seeing something happening on the screeen.

Very annoying trying to play platform games.

What I did was to make a fresh modmii guide and reinstall everything with no problems at all, only to end up with the same delay problem.

Now I start to wonder if it could have anything to do with my new tv? (Philips 48PFS5709).

I am using the "normal" connecter and not the high def one. I tried with both the cables directly to the tv and hooking them up with a scart with the same result.

HumdrumAnt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I try to get the gct for an mkwii GameCube button remap. You change the XXXX and YYYY values to the buttons numeric code (this number is listed in the codes notes) i have copied it out or even copy pasted it numerous times and it won't work. I have tried the code on the wiidr (I think that's it) gecko codes website and a random one but very time I get: this is not a code. Could someone help or just get me a gct for gecko os that remaps d pad up to y on gcn controller for mkwii thanks.

ginsengforever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, everyone!

My friend just modded my Wii for me. Trying to use DMLizard to optimize some of the ISO files for Gamecube games I got last night but for some reason Drag and Drop doesn't work. And when I try to Copy as Path, the path will show in DMLizard but then it shuts down when I press Enter.

That's literally all I'm struggling with right now. :/ Thanks for the help in advance!

tortokai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, It's been awhile since I did a mod, and i'm having issues this time around, I've been following
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/
Which seems a bit dated on versions and all, but i've got USB loader GX to run wii games, I had cfg USB Loader running, showing my GC and Wii, but it wouldn't run any, GC would black screen before dios mios, and Wii would give Cios reload denied or something, now it simply wont mount the hdd, which works fine with GX. So, GX is 3.0 r1180, cfg is v70r75 mod, diosmios should be 2.11, according to the wad's name

**EDIT** Dios Mios Booter also only black screens on the GC games, Animal crossing is my test, one that's said to be very compatible, but i've tried a few others (Fire Emblem, another I forgot) - And selecting GC games in usb loader GX doesn't make them show up either

Last edited by tortokai,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to have bootmii installed as boot2 to boot directly to the wii? I have prxloader installed as well and wouldn't mind booting to prx then bootmii.

I currently changed the folder bootmii is into not to make it auto boot but would like a different solution

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey, here my Syscheck

Code:
sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.2U (v481)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2008.12.18
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 135391290
Boot2 v4
Found 115 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 10 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120, Info: rev 4889): No Patches
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400, Info: rev 6174): No Patches
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912, Info: rev 6687): No Patches
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: Hermes-v55.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.6.1+)

Report generated on 2015/10/02.

Actually I do everythig I want without problens , like playing on usb loader GX with the WBFS partition, nintendon't for the GC games, and stuff but I wounder if have something I should get updated?
other thing is that via priiloader, I can't acess homebrew channel by it's menu , but on he " launch channel" does õ3o

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's been a while GBATEMP! Was here for the GBA releases originally!

I want to resurrect my Wii and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I have a WiiKey modded device, has the homebrew channel, but no idea what version (need to get a power cable).

I want to set it up to run games off a HDD and, if possible, can you run virtual console games off it too?

Any help much appreciated!
Thanks

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's been a while GBATEMP! Was here for the GBA releases originally!

I want to resurrect my Wii and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I have a WiiKey modded device, has the homebrew channel, but no idea what version (need to get a power cable).

I want to set it up to run games off a HDD and, if possible, can you run virtual console games off it too?

Any help much appreciated!
Thanks
you can do it all and more xD
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/ give a good read

swordlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I didn't find an "all consoles" topic so I came here.

I'm looking forward to getting a Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 on Black Friday but I'm kinda lost. I like Nintendo better than the other ones but I seriously want to play MG Rising so...

Basically, I would like an insight on which one of the 3 is the easiest to hack: the less drama, the better. From what I've heard, the Wii is the easiest to hack, the PS3 is hackable as long as you get a certain firmware version, much like the 3DS. The Xbox 360 sounds just too complicated. I will of course do my research and learn how to hack them properly.

I've also tried a Wii emulator for PC, it runs Metroid Prime but it gets choppy (my laptop's not meant for gaming, it's an i3 3110m + 4gb ram machine) and I'd like to know if you guys think it would be a better investment to just get a better computer or get a Wii U instead of a Wii.

Thanks for reading.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys, it has been a while since the last time I was playing my hacked wii. now everytime I load cfgloader with my harddrive plugged on the usb, it will freeze. but if I unplug it and plug it back when the cfg loader loads, it will read the hdd just fine.

anyone know what happened? do I need to reinstall?

Leezus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I have 2 questions:

1a.) Is there a way to get Accio Hacks to export to USB instead of SD?
1b.) Or preferably get Nintendont to look for cheats on SD instead of USB?

The idea being that I don't want to have to use WiiXplorer to manually move the file every time I need to test something.

2a.) Is it safe to delete the folder of an app?
2b.) If not how do I safely uninstall them?

Edit: I somehow failed to mention that I tried anytitle deleter.

EDIT 2: @eriol33, try plugging it in the other USB slot. I had a similar issue, caused simply by using the wrong port. It's weird

Last edited by Leezus,

PauloAfir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How can i install waninkoko rev.17 and rev. 19 in another slots?

I want to install it on slots 248 and 247 to play some VC-N64 games, the official installer only install it on slots 249 and 250, and with pimp my wii just rev 20 and 21 are avaiable.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can i install waninkoko rev.17 and rev. 19 in another slots?

I want to install it on slots 248 and 247 to play some VC-N64 games, the official installer only install it on slots 249 and 250, and with pimp my wii just rev 20 and 21 are avaiable.
Hi PauloAfir

download the standard wads using modmii- http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/homebrew/download-modmii-latest-f33046.html
main menu then '4' for cIOS downloads

don't worry about the slot as you can use showmiiwads- http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/tools-utilities/download-showmiiwads-1-4-f33211.html
open then right click your wad and choose 'change IOS slot' - ignore following warning and enter the slot number you want :)

good luck

Reactions: PauloAfir

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering about patchers like Riivolution, so I can play WIims fun mario kart with downloading a wbfs but only applying a patch in the game from a backup and if I can use it to play Project M. I need some info.

BlazeHeatnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reposting here:

Ok, so I used ModMii's guide a while back. I installed USB Loader GX, I loaded up a USB HDD with VC games, and Wii games. Things were working very smoothly. THEN, I decided to move the Wii to a friends' house to show off everything. Now none of the games work. They either reboot the entire system, or they crash on a black screen. I moved it back to my place, and the exact same problem persists. Furthermore, stuff that I classified as "Nand Channels" are now under "Emunand" and some channels have moved altogether from where they originally were. I have no clue what's going on.

I am a total newb, does this sound familiar to anyone and how can I resolve it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk